U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2010, 03:37 PM

38,793 posts, read 16,833,549 times

Advertisements

I have 2 Wal-Marts within an easy drive. Both are clean. the satff friendly. If your Wal-Mart is in an not to attractive area, the store will reflect that.

They just announce d another store openning several more miles away. That store will emoloy 450 people. For tose that deride Wal-mart, would you rather they NOT open and keep these people un-employed?

The pay is on par with the work done. If you think not go into any smaller store and ask what they are paid and other benefits.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2010, 03:22 PM

12,256 posts, read 16,372,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
We mostly shop at wal-mart because target is hiugher and has much mre limited select anyway.We have super wal-marts and a target. They are pretty much the same except that target is alot less busy.
Yeah that's one of the main reasons I prefer Wal-Mart over Target; the selection choices. But I realized I was comparing Super Wal-mart to Target. When I was living in NJ I preferred Super Target over Wal-0mart for the same reason. The Target near my house is expanding to become a Super Target so I'll check it out since it's closer and see if I like it.

Old 10-13-2010, 12:16 AM

1,819 posts, read 1,797,002 times
As a general rule, I also find Walmart stores to be a war zone, and generally chaotic and frenzied. The Walmarts in this area are messy, disorganized,and provide you with the warmth and charm of a glacier.

I do prefer shopping at Target---cleaner, a little less chaotic, and the service is a little more corteous. Sometimes at Walmart you get the impression that you are infringing on the sales associates and customer service reps with your presence. The image of teamwork and family that Walmart enjoys promoting is not quite in touch with reality.

I dont enjoy shopping at supercenters---too impersonal---too disorganized---too uncaring. Yet if the choice is Walmart or Target----Target it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products