U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2007, 02:35 PM

19,678 posts, read 21,228,260 times

Advertisements

I refuse to shop at Wal-Mart, though I have been into one once or twice. It was appalling. All those worried-looking people wearing vests. Everything I saw was made in China. It reminded me of a Costco for the developmentally disabled, or a Goodwill store that also featured groceries. Yech.

Target, on the other hand, is slightly more upscale. But all that Red affects my vision, and makes it dangerous to drive home, since the traffic lights become brown, biege, and chartreuse to me for a while afterwards, and I can't remember which color means stop.

So for me, it's a dead heat: I eschew Wal-Mart for aesthetic reasons, and Target because I'm afraid I might be rendered permanently color-blind.

You?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2007, 02:39 PM

6,760 posts, read 10,532,910 times
Super Target is generally nicer than Wal-Mart. But some of the new WalMarts have been built much nicer than the old ones. Polished/stained concrete, wood laminate floors in clothing areas, cleaner.

All in all, I hate both of them. They are a pain in the butt to get in and out of in a reasonable time. In Knoxville, Super Target and Wal-Mart are in the same shopping center. I just try to get in and out as quick as possible and only go occasionally.

Old 11-26-2007, 02:39 PM

10,017 posts, read 17,148,198 times
Well having three kids at home and trying to make ends meet, I shop for food at Super Target, cant stomach Walmart anymore but cannot afford to shop like I need to at the regular Grocery stores like Safeway or Albertsons. I can buy twice the amount for less money than at the others. But when my kids are gone, I will stop going there.

Old 11-26-2007, 02:40 PM

19,556 posts, read 19,536,882 times
I believe we are allowed to like Target,Walmart is to be hated until it starts paying it's employees a decent wage like all the other dept. stores...

Hmmm,Target pays more right????

Old 11-26-2007, 02:41 PM

19,678 posts, read 21,228,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
I believe we are allowed to like Target,Walmart is to be hated until it starts paying it's employees a decent wage like all the other dept. stores...

Hmmm,Target pays more right????
You better hope so, oz. Or it's off to the re-education camp for you.

Old 11-26-2007, 02:42 PM

3,326 posts, read 4,589,731 times
Wal-Mart is depressing. I have been to one here in Charlotte and one in Western Pennsylvania and they sadden me. The employees there are all useless and the people shopping at these two Wal-Marts made me want to shower immediately.

I find Target to be decent and think the one's that I have been to are clean and the people friendly. I am sure though that there are ones that aren't any good. To each their own.

Old 11-26-2007, 02:45 PM

19,556 posts, read 19,536,882 times
To be honest I care for neither,both have little of interest or quality.

I can't grasp why buying groceries in Wally World is so handy....combine two stores with the same number of checkout lines open...

Old 11-26-2007, 02:46 PM

1,352 posts, read 4,255,323 times
I detest Walmart

I like Target, never purchased food there, so can't say much in terms of prices.

I keep hearing that people shop at Walmart because of the low food prices but the few times I've been in there, I don't see much of a difference versus grocery store pricing. Either way, I won't shop at Walmart just because the parking lot is ALWAYS full, I hate crowds, and everyone shopping in there does seem to be quite desperate

Old 11-26-2007, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
To be honest I care for neither,both have little of interest or quality.

I can't grasp why buying groceries in Wally World is so handy....combine two stores with the same number of checkout lines open...
Nothing handy about it trust me!!!! but we couldnt beat the prices.

Old 11-26-2007, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayannaaaliyah View Post
I detest Walmart

I like Target, never purchased food there, so can't say much in terms of prices.

I keep hearing that people shop at Walmart because of the low food prices but the few times I've been in there, I don't see much of a difference versus grocery store pricing. Either way, I won't shop at Walmart just because the parking lot is ALWAYS full, I hate crowds, and everyone shopping in there does seem to be quite desperate
Target food prices maybe a little more (cents) but it is alot better than Walmart!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products