U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-27-2007, 10:11 PM

2,218 posts, read 4,994,309 times

Advertisements

I found a few items that I might purchase through them.

Can anyone tell me anything about them? I know they have that channel where they sell stuff. I don't have cable so I can't watch it. How is their online shopping? What about your experiences with them? Good? Bad?

Anything anyone could tell me would be appreciated! Thank you!

Last edited by Ronzou; 11-27-2007 at 11:25 PM.. Reason: I'm tired
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2007, 08:10 AM

786 posts, read 903,832 times
My wife should own stock in QVC for all the crap she's bought from them. They're a legit outfit. Customer service is pretty good... shipping is prompt and no worries with returns. They are, for all intents and purposes, an online department store, since they stock pretty much everything under the sun. Three or four years ago, CBS's 60 Minutes ran a piece on them... showed what goes on behind the scenes and all... it was a human interest piece that cast QVC in a favorable light, nothing derogatory or anything like that. So if you see something you'd like from them, you're not going to get ripped off by buying from them or anything like that. But if you're buying any brand-name merchandise, you can probably find better pricing by froogling the model number. QVC's pricing is what I would call competitive, but their business model is not based on being a price leader. They're great for convenience and their customer service is very good, but pricing is competitive but no bargain. hth.

Old 11-28-2007, 08:54 AM

3,632 posts, read 14,782,540 times
I love QVC!!! I used to watch it before it went to cable and buy things every once in a while. They are great! I like them much more than HSN.

Old 11-28-2007, 10:22 AM

7,287 posts, read 17,406,611 times
I have purchased a lot of items over the years.
I've never had any problems with them.
I order online and over the phone.
I've also had gifts shipped to other people. So far, so good.

Old 11-28-2007, 11:16 AM

2,218 posts, read 4,994,309 times

Thanks everyone! This does help immensely!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products