U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2007, 07:28 AM

21,956 posts, read 21,685,724 times

Advertisements

We got our delivery fee back fairly fast actually. Infact, we remodeled our whole kitchen and got back a couple of delivery fees---no problem. It was probably about 3 weeks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2009, 03:03 PM

12 posts, read 26,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fong View Post
.... we kept mailling and they just kept saying they didn't get it, then we never get our money back?
And I cound't see any sense why they want to make a "free delivery "so complcated.Did anyone have some similiar experience?
Yes, I'm getting a bit of a runaround. Our dishwasher delivery/install was only partially refunded.

I went back to the store and asked the appliance salesman about it. He called someone who told him I should call an 800 number, etc. I politely asked him if he would call the 800 number, thinking it would be more effective if a store employee was involved.

So, the Lowes salesman called and after the usual delays got to someone in Lowes corporate who knew what was going on. The corporate woman asked to make sure that I had all the appropriate
paperwork for the refund, etc. After the Lowes salesman verified that I had it all, the corporate woman said I'd get a check for the remainder of the install fee.

The next thing that happened is that I got a letter from Lowes corporate saying "We are unable to process your request at this time because your request did not meet the following requirements: Your sales recipt did not indicate a Lowe's delivery fee for the appliance purchased. Please return this entire letter with all the missing information requested.."

So, I''m going to send them the receipt again and see what happens.

Old 05-13-2009, 07:29 PM

48,516 posts, read 85,078,787 times
I got back the delivery cost of the refigerator we bouhgt my mpother in law for her birthday.

Old 05-13-2009, 08:18 PM

16,308 posts, read 25,260,164 times
Home Depot delivery on a refrigerator received rebate without any problems.

Old 05-14-2009, 12:08 PM

1,219 posts, read 3,859,022 times
I bought my appliances from Lowes in January and sent in the rebate right away. I got back a stupid letter saying I needed to resubmit it because they could not read some number. I recopied the origional and sent it back-I finally got the rebate a few weeks ago.

Old 05-18-2009, 07:12 AM

823 posts, read 1,323,948 times
Lowes offered me the 'free shipping rebate' after purchasing a refrigrator. Turns out to be a gift card at Lowes, NOT A REBATE, which is deceiving and not a check, but more money spent that was originally thought to be a savings.

Old 05-18-2009, 09:39 AM

458 posts, read 1,509,852 times
We did a "free delivery through rebate" with Sears, and something I thought was interesting was that when we got our check, it was printed on a postcard looking junk mail thing. At first I thought it was just a junk flier and almost threw it out. I wondered at the time if they made it look like a piece of junk mail on purpose so most people would throw it out accidentally rather than cash it. Interesting to think about.

Old 05-18-2009, 10:22 AM

16,308 posts, read 25,260,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheriwx View Post
We did a "free delivery through rebate" with Sears, and something I thought was interesting was that when we got our check, it was printed on a postcard looking junk mail thing. At first I thought it was just a junk flier and almost threw it out. I wondered at the time if they made it look like a piece of junk mail on purpose so most people would throw it out accidentally rather than cash it. Interesting to think about.
Not too uncommon, it saves them money in handling the check, and postage. I have received a number of rebates as postcards, and while I sort the junk on the way back to the house (recycling bin is at side door ) these are obvious enough to make it into the house.

Could they also be hoping that some that get this far accidently throw out the check, probably. Rebates are about following directions and paying attention. I'm glad that many people don't bother with them, as rebates save me a good bit of money most years. I don't buy something because there is a rebate, but a rebate will certainly sway me toward a particular brand or product vs. the competition. They are gambling that people will not bother, fail to follow instructions, etc. but those that can follow instructions and bother save money. Submitting a rebate takes 10 minutes, and even if it is only a $20 rebate, that is still a return of over $100/hr for your time.

Old 05-21-2009, 02:12 PM

4,357 posts, read 6,538,322 times
It took a few months but I got my money back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products