U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2007, 12:42 PM

5 posts, read 33,772 times

Advertisements

We bought a washer and dryer from Lowes 2 months ago. They have "free delivery " but is done through mail in rebates: pay $59 first, mail the receipt back to them , then they send you back a check or something
We drove all around to find a stamp and envelop and mailed the paper back to Lowes, but we never get the money back. We tried to call their service center, the people was kind of rude on the phone,said they didn't get our mail. I think that's very ridiculous, if we kept mailling and they just kept saying they didn't get it, then we never get our money back?
And I cound't see any sense why they want to make a "free delivery "so complcated.Did anyone have some similiar experience?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2007, 12:56 PM

5,437 posts, read 15,622,876 times
We bought a fridge from Home Depot about 6 months ago and they had a similar promotion going on at that time. We got 2 rebate checks. One for buying an Energy Star appliance and one for the delivery fee. We had no problems. We've also bought lots of paint in the last few months, mostly during the Behr rebate period, and have also received those checks already.

Old 11-29-2007, 01:04 PM

991 posts, read 1,673,025 times
I bought a stove from Sears with a free delivery rebate. They sent me a letter telling me that they denied the rebate because they could not read my address. A phone call straightened it out but they are just playing a percentage game with how many people will just give up.

Old 11-29-2007, 01:40 PM

2,086 posts, read 6,999,033 times
I bought a washer and dryer from Lowe's with the same promotion over a year ago, sent in my rebate info, and never got the rebate check or anything else explaining why it might have been denied. I was so busy that I never persued it any further, figuring that they would make it as difficult as possible to get the fee back. I considered playing the "customer service" game, but ended up not having the time to sit on hold and dial my way through automated menus for a measly $50.

Old 11-29-2007, 01:51 PM

314 posts, read 1,145,357 times
We got the delivery rebate back, but we're still trying to get the free TV delievered. They tried to deliver it once, but they didn't put my mom's apartment number on the box and UPS sent it back.

Old 11-29-2007, 02:18 PM

546 posts, read 2,237,891 times
We had to submit our rebate information twice to Home Depot. They claimed they could not read the first copy. We got our rebate check fairly soon after resubmitting.

Old 11-29-2007, 08:35 PM

89 posts, read 908,415 times
I got my rebate back for my washer and dryer delivery from Lowes fairly quickly after submitting it. I was pleasantly surprised. This was just a few months ago.

Old 11-29-2007, 09:28 PM

5 posts, read 33,772 times
Wow, appreciate everyone 's review. Seems that most of people are still be able to get the rebate back , although with a lot of trouble. Lowes have a number that "if you didn't get your rebate within 6~8 weeks ,then call .....", but that number never get through.
That's really nooooooo good~~~~~~

Old 11-29-2007, 10:47 PM

26 posts, read 129,376 times
We did the lowe's rebate a month back and we got the check within 2 weeks of submitting it. It was a really positive experience. You might want to go talk to the store mgr and see if they will refund you back the money.

Tom

Old 11-30-2007, 05:43 AM

13,153 posts, read 17,647,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiblue View Post
I bought a washer and dryer from Lowe's with the same promotion over a year ago, sent in my rebate info, and never got the rebate check or anything else explaining why it might have been denied. I was so busy that I never persued it any further, figuring that they would make it as difficult as possible to get the fee back. I considered playing the "customer service" game, but ended up not having the time to sit on hold and dial my way through automated menus for a measly $50.

Same thing happened to us.

I do just about anything I can to avoid buying items with a mail-in rebate, no matter what the amount. Sometimes you can't get around it...and then I spend the extra money to send it certified, return receipt requested. The return receipt doesn't always come back, though, and lots of times you can't read the signature so there's no way of identifying who signed for ir. The rebate thing is maddening. They're not making any friends with these programs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products