U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2014, 12:39 AM

13,610 posts, read 22,465,982 times

Advertisements

So I just bought a couple of items from an eBay vendor who indicated that if I buy two, I get 'free expedited shipping". Items didn't arrive for over a week.

I asked them what exactly does expedited shipping mean, and they said that the weather was what delayed the shipment.

Should I indicate this in the feedback I leave? I'm kind of disappointed that the items didn't arrive in two days, as the package indicates it was supposed to be two day air, and they did print the label on an earlier date but it appears they didn't actually turn the package over to the carrier until days later.

Worth a zing?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2014, 01:04 AM

1,156 posts, read 1,684,375 times
I wouldn't bother, being you got it for free. If you had paid for the expedited shipping, yeah then go for it, but what will you really get out of complaining that something that was offered free didn't happen as planned. Especially due to weather.

Old 02-22-2014, 04:53 AM

49 posts, read 41,641 times
Hi, can someone explain the Pay Pal system. Is it risky to assign your credit cards to Pay Pal ? Any other suggestions or real life experiences with Pay Pal - thanks for any input ... Kristoforo

Old 02-22-2014, 06:29 AM

10,765 posts, read 18,171,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristoforo View Post
Hi, can someone explain the Pay Pal system. Is it risky to assign your credit cards to Pay Pal ? Any other suggestions or real life experiences with Pay Pal - thanks for any input ... Kristoforo
First thing I would suggest is reading the forum FAQ. Hijacking a thread (asking yor own non relevant questions) is a violation of the TOS, see the bolded "Stay on topic" section.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/faq/9...rum-rules.html

Old 02-22-2014, 06:37 AM

1,872 posts, read 3,015,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
So I just bought a couple of items from an eBay vendor who indicated that if I buy two, I get 'free expedited shipping". Items didn't arrive for over a week.

I asked them what exactly does expedited shipping mean, and they said that the weather was what delayed the shipment.

Should I indicate this in the feedback I leave? I'm kind of disappointed that the items didn't arrive in two days, as the package indicates it was supposed to be two day air, and they did print the label on an earlier date but it appears they didn't actually turn the package over to the carrier until days later.

Worth a zing?
'Expeditied shipping' to an eBay seller usually means they bump up the shipping method to the next level. Like from Standard Parcel to Priority for USPS, or from Ground to 2-day for UPS.

If they shipped within their terms (it usually shows a handling time on the shipping terms tab - did it say 'will ship within 3 days of completed payment' or something to that effect?), and they did bump it up to the next service level like they said, than - no - they do not deserve a zing on their rating for a post office weather delay.

A seller should be rated on their handling/processing time, not arrival speed or PO transit time. Many buyers are not aware that a bad rating of any kind can have serious consequences for the seller, so please consider this before you toss one out.

OTOH, if they took your money for the extra item, then held on to the package for a week before they dropped it off, and shipped it package rate and did not bump up to Expeditied, than that's another story.

Old 02-23-2014, 04:32 AM

49 posts, read 41,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHDave View Post
First thing I would suggest is reading the forum FAQ. Hijacking a thread (asking yor own non relevant questions) is a violation of the TOS, see the bolded "Stay on topic" section.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/faq/9...rum-rules.html
================================================== ===============
Hi everyone:

I did a search for the Pay Pal system and City-Data brought me right back to this thread.

Thanks for the info ... Kristoforo

PS The search mechanism is very good in directing one to threads

Old 02-27-2014, 01:16 PM

23,916 posts, read 18,088,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post

Worth a zing?
Expedited shipping means it is shipped in a way that from the time it leaves the seller, it gets to you within 2 days - it doesn't mean it is READY to ship immediately. Many times it takes a few days to package it, etc, then it's turned over. Also, given the winter this year, many parts of the country had grounded air travel and difficult road travel. I'm not a zinger, I'd actually give him the benefit of the doubt, but that's me.

Old 02-28-2014, 02:38 PM

22,281 posts, read 25,062,388 times
In my experience (100's of purchases) expedited shipping has meant next business day shipping after funds have cleared. But it doesn't specify the manner it was shipped by. If it's traceable by midnight of the next business day (initial scan), then they have met what they stated. Fyi: Always check the manner of shipping being used. So for example if the order was placed yesterday using USPS Priority Mail, then the expectation is that it would be shipped today and arrive in two business days (with good weather). I actually have one that meets this criteria, so I've already received the tracking number for the label so its due date at the latest is Tuesday.

Old 03-01-2014, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
In my experience (100's of purchases) expedited shipping has meant next business day shipping after funds have cleared. But it doesn't specify the manner it was shipped by. If it's traceable by midnight of the next business day (initial scan), then they have met what they stated. Fyi: Always check the manner of shipping being used. So for example if the order was placed yesterday using USPS Priority Mail, then the expectation is that it would be shipped today and arrive in two business days (with good weather). I actually have one that meets this criteria, so I've already received the tracking number for the label so its due date at the latest is Tuesday.
fyi; It was scanned by USPS at its sorting center as of Friday night.

Old 03-04-2014, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
fyi; It was scanned by USPS at its sorting center as of Friday night.
FWIW It arrived yesterday during the snow storm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products