U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2014, 06:49 PM

4 posts, read 20,166 times

Advertisements

I want to have a new coffee maker which is programmable like this one, so I can get a fresh coffee as soon as I woke up in the morning. Anyone has this kind of coffee maker? how is it?

amazon.com

Last edited by Marka; 03-01-2014 at 12:33 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2014, 06:51 PM

35,108 posts, read 41,343,580 times
I've never had that brand but I have had programmable coffee makers and never used the programmable part and I got rid of them.
I prefer the one cup coffee makers so every cup is the first fresh cup and some them take one minute or less to brew.

Old 02-23-2014, 07:09 PM

15,210 posts, read 18,502,396 times
We have one similar to this -

http://www.hamiltonbeach.com/media/p...54_inset01.jpg

It's an older model than the picture, but the concept is the same. It brews the coffee into a well insulated (and mostly closed) decanter, which keeps it hot and fresh for a long time. There's no warmer/burner, but it keeps the coffee hot or warm enough to drink for about 8 hours.

As for the programming, most coffee makers have them now, except for the very low cost ones. Works like an alarm clock, basically. Set up the coffee and water, set the time you want it to start brewing, and you're good to go. We don't set it up every night (out of laziness), but it sure is nice to have a fresh pot of coffee already done when you wake up.

We also have a single serve coffee maker like CSD610, but that costs about sixty cents per cup, so we use it sparingly.

Old 02-23-2014, 07:20 PM

21,558 posts, read 24,704,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
We have one similar to this -

http://www.hamiltonbeach.com/media/p...54_inset01.jpg

It's an older model than the picture, but the concept is the same. It brews the coffee into a well insulated (and mostly closed) decanter, which keeps it hot and fresh for a long time. There's no warmer/burner, but it keeps the coffee hot or warm enough to drink for about 8 hours.

As for the programming, most coffee makers have them now, except for the very low cost ones. Works like an alarm clock, basically. Set up the coffee and water, set the time you want it to start brewing, and you're good to go. We don't set it up every night (out of laziness), but it sure is nice to have a fresh pot of coffee already done when you wake up.

We also have a single serve coffee maker like CSD610, but that costs about sixty cents per cup, so we use it sparingly.
We had like that one too, but the coffee tasted burned after about two hours. So we went to a programmable Keurig. Even though the coffee cost is higher per cup, at least each cup is fresh within a minute and drinkable.

Old 02-23-2014, 07:37 PM

15,210 posts, read 18,502,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
We had like that one too, but the coffee tasted burned after about two hours. So we went to a programmable Keurig. Even though the coffee cost is higher per cup, at least each cup is fresh within a minute and drinkable.
I prefer the Keurig, too, but I'm not willing to spend that much for the five or six cups we drink each day at home. That's a hefty monthly coffee bill.

I've never experienced a burnt taste with this coffee maker. That's actually my favorite thing about it - the coffee's still hot four hours later and it still tastes fresh.

Old 02-23-2014, 08:28 PM

21,558 posts, read 24,704,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
I prefer the Keurig, too, but I'm not willing to spend that much for the five or six cups we drink each day at home. That's a hefty monthly coffee bill.

I've never experienced a burnt taste with this coffee maker. That's actually my favorite thing about it - the coffee's still hot four hours later and it still tastes fresh.
We use a dark roast. As to the prices, for Keurig patent is gone for the first generation so instead of paying $12-$16 per box we're paying $4-$9. I just caught Lemon Tea for $2 a box at Staples and bought 10 boxes of it (180 pcs). A few weeks back I found Italian dark roast for $4/box of 18.

Just go to fatwallet.com or slickdeals.net

Old 02-23-2014, 08:38 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, originally from SF Bay Area
30,886 posts, read 56,320,440 times
We have a Mr. Coffee that's similar (see below link), and overall I like it. We have had it about 6 months, the only problem being that even set on HOTTER it doesn't come out as hot as I'd like, though it did the first couple of months. After using up the 3 water filters that came with it, I didn't buy any more, it's not really needed. The lifetime coffee filter basket works great. I never let it go 2 hours, always drink it up within about 90 minutes, but it has a count-down timer that tells you how long it's been sitting since brewed.

FTX Series 12-Cup Programmable Coffeemaker at MrCoffee.com.

Old 02-23-2014, 09:15 PM

313 posts, read 418,947 times
I have a BELLA coffee maker. It's programmable, makes 12 cups at a time. I love it. It's perfect. My bff (don't tell the bf) and was pretty inexpensive at Macy's. I'm sure you can get it online too.

Old 02-24-2014, 12:31 AM

313 posts, read 418,947 times
This is the one I have: http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/bella-14015-12-cup-programmable-polished-stainless-steel-coffee-maker?ID=929042&cm_mmc=Google_DMA_Home_Electrics_P LA-_-PLA+Home+Generic+-+Kitchen_PLA+-+Kitchen-_-37669322516_-_-_mkwid_efn00FyG|d{device}_37669322516%7C-%7Cefn00FyG

Works great!

Old 02-24-2014, 07:50 AM

10,604 posts, read 14,550,506 times
I have that one. In white from Amazon. I also added the separate water filter thing you lay on top of the basket so I can use water full blast straight from the tap instead of it taking a long time via the PUR attachment.

Works fine. I never leave my pot on the pad, though because of the burnt taste after the 2 hours. I put the coffee in a carafe or just stick it in the fridge since I'm making iced coffee all the time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products