U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2007, 08:12 AM

8 posts, read 46,521 times

Advertisements

Has anyone ever bought furniture online from Coleman Furniture? If so, were you satisfied with product and customer service? We found a sofa at Ashley Furniture that we wanted to buy but have seen tons of negative reviews about the store as far as customer service goes. Thanks for any insight you have to offer!
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2011, 08:19 AM

6 posts, read 21,947 times
I bought my living room set from them and have nothing but nice things to say. If you want to see more reviews, ones not written by competitors, you can find them here: Coleman Furniture Reviews

Old 01-15-2012, 01:31 PM

1 posts, read 14,563 times
Default Got my furniture last night

Edwin and James came to my home within a half hour of the scheduled time and were very nice. I promised to leave good feedback if happy and I was. Good deal good service. A++++++++++++++

Old 01-16-2012, 10:48 AM

3,131 posts, read 5,419,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jalbrown76 View Post
Has anyone ever bought furniture online from Coleman Furniture? If so, were you satisfied with product and customer service? We found a sofa at Ashley Furniture that we wanted to buy but have seen tons of negative reviews about the store as far as customer service goes. Thanks for any insight you have to offer!
My sister got her $8,000 dining room set at Ashely which is TONS of money in our eyes. She bought a very nice 8 chair set made of wood. She paid it in cash, in full. They initially told her it would take around 8 weeks for it be delivered which was fine because she was in no hurry. After 9 weeks was up, she called to inquire. They told her it was actually on backorder and would take another 4 weeks.

After that, it finally arrived, but damaged. One of the chairs had a crack in it, and the table had a slight gash in it. After waiting another 2 weeks she received the new chair. Also within that two week time period, they came out to repair her table, which was basically them dyeing the table scratch to match the rest of the finish.

The scratch on the table is hardly noticeable to somebody who doesn't know their stuff and the chair was replaced. So overall its a nice set, but for the money they paid we all expected more. Even my sisters patience was tested, she is somebody who always gives the benefit of the doubt. My advice, if you order from Ashley, just be sure you have patience.

I have no advice to offer for Coleman furniture itself though.

Old 01-16-2012, 04:40 PM

5 posts, read 44,850 times
Thumbs up Whats not to like???

I was actually on my way out to a local furniture store to "seal the deal" on a living room set for my new home. I had skillfully (or so I thought) negotiated a good deal with them and was on my way to pay them and set up delivery. Right before leaving suggested we google this set for reviews and the like. Being that my wife is so smart (she is reading over my shoulder ... it's called brownie points gentlemen), I always heed her advice. Boy was I glad I did!

When I typed the name of the set into Google, it brought up "Google Shopping" price quotes from different online retailers. It seemed like they were 15%-40% cheaper then my "expert negotiated price". Intrigued, I clicked on the link showing me all the retailers who offer this set. I immediately saw 2 things, that the cheapest was ColemanFurniture.com and that they had rock solid reviews.

Well I figured to myself, who ever heard of buying furniture online??? Electronics? No problem! But furniture is heavy and how will I handle it when the FedEx driver knocks on my door and tells me that he isn't going to lift my sofa or recliner out of his truck and I better go find some friends or day laborers to do the trick! However, upon further research I discovered Coleman Furniture would deliver AND assemble my furniture... free of charge!

This seemed too good to be true, especially because the local furniture store that I still had half a mind to purchase from wanted over $50 to do the delivery and another $75 if I wanted it assembled. With my not being too handy, this is certainly of significant value to me and I was going to pay for the assembly. Yet with coleman I was saving that 40% AND getting the delivery?!?!?!

I saw that their website carried the "buy safe" guarantee, which I am familiar with and trust, and also accepted paypal as well as all major credit cards. This makes me feel safe knowing I'm dealing with a legitimate company. However I need to know that a company is professional before I trust them with a purchase of this size. Despite all the good reviews I decided I would be best off calling them to get a feel for how they relate to customers before I take the jump. I was immediately impressed with their friendly sales agents who answered all my questions and concerns in full and really made me very comfortable making my purchase. They informed me that delivery would be about 3 weeks, as they are based out of NY (they DO deliver anywhere across the US). I figured to save myself about $500 I can live without a new sofa for another few weeks. They assured me that the delivery company would call me to work a good delivery time out with me several days in advance so I can adjust my schedule accordingly.

Anyhow to bring this looooooong story to a quick conclusion, I took the jump and couldn't be happier. Furniture arrived right around the end of the 3rd week and came in perfect condition. I was kept updated via emails along the way and the delivery team was very friendly and professional.

If you don't believe me, check out their website or call them yourself! You can PM me your thanks later!!!!!!!

Old 01-20-2012, 02:43 PM

Default Not sure why posted this here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGuy2.5 View Post

I have no advice to offer for Coleman furniture itself though.
Correct me if I'm wrong... why would you post this here and not on ashley furniture thread, being that this has nothing to do with Coleman Furniture or the service they offer??

Also BTW do you happen to know the name of the set of Ashley Furniture that your sister ordered? Can you PM it to me?

Old 01-20-2012, 02:44 PM

1 posts, read 14,764 times
Default Like their website

I found the website very easy to navigate. It was hard to chose from so many choices. I was looking for a white loveseat and there was like 30 choices which I liked.

I ended up taking a coaster loveseat and have no regrets at all. I was asked by the company to leave feedback and I only have good things to say.

Thank you and God Bless you all and may he shine his countenance upon all of man kind and the entire world

Judith Freeman

--

Please remember to recycle - yes you can make a difference that can save our planet 5 million years from now!

Please be kind to Gods creatures - as God was kind to you

Remember to say Good morning to other people - maybe you can make their day

If you see someone who is poor, cant you spare a little change? For you it might not make a big difference but every penny adds up

Old 01-25-2012, 03:02 PM

1 posts, read 14,242 times
I received my order and called customer service now to thank them.

They asked me to leave feedback - so Im posting here to say THANK YOU!

Delivery people were nice and didnt make a big deal of going up 2 flights in my building.

Kepp it up and I will be telling my family about the service

Alan S.

Old 01-25-2012, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m23re View Post
I found the website very easy to navigate. It was hard to chose from so many choices. I was looking for a white loveseat and there was like 30 choices which I liked.
I found them on google shopping... who told you about them? I am certainly sold on doing this online from here on out...

Old 01-30-2012, 03:07 PM

1 posts, read 14,083 times
I have just received a furniture piece that I have ordered at Coleman. Like you I was very hesitate to order something in that price category online, but I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised about the service and the communication. They informed me 2 times by phone where they were at in the shipping process. I had my buffet here earlier than expected. The delivery guys were more than helpful and polite. At any time I would order there again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products