Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2014, 12:18 PM

1 posts, read 16,759 times

Advertisements

Agreed. I searched for this as I am having a similar problem, lost the tracking number to an item I sold on eBay. We come here seeking help, not someone who wants to come in here and mock someone who is legitimately frustrated, as he/she tried to call the post office for assistance, his fault or not, and they are IMPOSSIBLE to get through to, which regArdless of blame, is frustrating. Also, speaking from experience, a good number (though certainly not all) of postal workers I've had experience with do not make it any easier with their holier than thou attitude, such as the ones at my home post office. There is a post office that doesn't cover my zip code that I can speak the complete opposite of.

Anyway, all I can say is it seems because we lost our tracking numbers, we just have to bank on the good will of the buyer/seller, which in your case, hopefully it's just running behind, but only time will tell. In the mean time, it wouldn't hurt to go to your post office and see what you can find out. I payed my postage in credit, so I am going to see if they can bring up my credit transaction on their computer. Good luck in your situation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2015, 12:58 AM

30,612 posts, read 18,187,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kygman View Post
You mean somebody uses the tracking numbers?
I needed my tracking number to expedite my refund associated with returning my bar review books. Sadly, my receipt faded beyond comprehension/readability and, so, I had to wait for Kaplan to scan my package in before getting my refund; USPS said that I was out of luck and that they had no way of telling me what my tracking number is (honestly, they need to print better receipts as mine faded just from being folded in my pocket). Most of the time I don't need a tracking number, though. In fact, that may be the only time I've ever had to rely on a tracking number.

Old 01-24-2015, 01:29 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,810,437 times
USPS tracking is pretty useless anyway. Its more important he have a receipt for claim if not delivered: IMO.

Old 05-11-2015, 05:44 PM

1 posts, read 15,775 times
We mailed a damaged baseball bat back to Easton via the postal service. Unfortunately, my husband lost the receipt with the tracking number and Easton said they never received the bat. The Post Office said that they have no way of tracking without the number. And they said that they can not print a duplicate receipt with the tracking number. Very costly mistake on our part. Does anyone have any other suggestions on this?

Old 05-11-2015, 11:23 PM

8,299 posts, read 3,805,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlCam View Post
We mailed a damaged baseball bat back to Easton via the postal service. Unfortunately, my husband lost the receipt with the tracking number and Easton said they never received the bat. The Post Office said that they have no way of tracking without the number. And they said that they can not print a duplicate receipt with the tracking number. Very costly mistake on our part. Does anyone have any other suggestions on this?
Yes. Someone else posted a good solution in this thread. Next time take a photo of your receipt/tracking immediately.

Old 05-18-2015, 03:31 PM

1 posts, read 15,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harry chickpea View Post
I call BS. Your first paragraph showed that YOU were taking responsibility. You then went on to say:

"WHY THE HELL does it always have a busy tone or high volume of wait call? This is so frustrating, we could lose $90 because of this lost tracking number."

When you are using profanity in your frustration with a person or the post office, even if you use it out of their earshot, it IS yelling at them. Behave like an adult and you might not get lectured or criticized.
Yoooo just answer the question she didn't ask for all that! Even I wanted to know what to do with a similar situation I have now but you guys are just giving her the run around, either give her the answer to solve her problem or keep it to yourself!😑😪

Old 05-18-2015, 03:38 PM

22,556 posts, read 47,605,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reginahart98 View Post
Yoooo just answer the question she didn't ask for all that! Even I wanted to know what to do with a similar situation I have now but you guys are just giving her the run around, either give her the answer to solve her problem or keep it to yourself!����
LOL!
And yet YOU did not answer the question or give a solution either!
Pot, meet kettle!

Old 05-19-2015, 10:01 AM

23,586 posts, read 70,350,712 times
Methinks I smell a sock puppet...

Old 06-03-2015, 11:54 AM

1 posts, read 15,593 times
I am also in this dilemma. I cannot locate my receipt and I paid cash. I returned the item the same day it came, but the company to this day 6 months later still swears up and down that they did not get the package even though I sent it back with the RMA number they provided. They can see the RMA number but they want me to prove I sent it back. What???? I know what the RMA number is and I wrote it on the box, on the invoice, on the label, etc. What more can I do. I am losing $250 here. The post office clerk told me that they couldn't help unless I had the actual tracking number (she could help confirm it was returned if I knew my tracking number). Chalk up the $90 loss as a lesson learned. I am learning the $250 hard way and I am not loaded with money in the pockets.

Old 06-04-2015, 12:00 AM

24,488 posts, read 41,122,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ross5racing View Post
I am also in this dilemma. I cannot locate my receipt and I paid cash. I returned the item the same day it came, but the company to this day 6 months later still swears up and down that they did not get the package even though I sent it back with the RMA number they provided. They can see the RMA number but they want me to prove I sent it back. What???? I know what the RMA number is and I wrote it on the box, on the invoice, on the label, etc. What more can I do. I am losing $250 here. The post office clerk told me that they couldn't help unless I had the actual tracking number (she could help confirm it was returned if I knew my tracking number). Chalk up the $90 loss as a lesson learned. I am learning the $250 hard way and I am not loaded with money in the pockets.
It's actually a good way to learn. You're less likely to make this mistake next time. In the long-term, this mistake will yield a good result.

Best of luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products