U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2014, 08:24 PM

532 posts, read 770,418 times

Advertisements

Best: Bed, Bath & Beyond.
they carry virtually everything
their coupons never expire
went in there to buy a lazy susan, they didn't have the size I wanted, even checked for me in the back without my having to ask, still didn't have it, so the employee said he could order it online for me. I said that I didn't want to pay shipping, he said if he orders it, there is no shipping and he applied my coupons. Had the items within a week.

Amazon -- carry everything, fast delivery, quick response time from customer service

Walgreens -- never was much of a shopper there, but had a cold and needed cough medicine, there was one on the way home and I stopped, an employee asked me as soon as I walked in if I needed help, told her what I needed and she knew the aisle, the side of the aisle and how far down it was. did have one bad experience and reported it to a manager, stayed away for a while, but overall am happy with them,

Worst -- Comcast -- had an issue over a week ago, escalated it up the chain, have spoken with 3 reps, who each tell me they will have to research it and will e-mail me, but everytime they do, it's a different person and when they call, they want to hear the entire story. Read my e-mails, it's all there, and don't they make notes in my file?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2014, 09:37 PM

24,503 posts, read 35,955,968 times
Just off the top of my head:

Best: Starbucks, Nordstrom, NFCU, USAA, Fidelity, Whole Foods, Mercedes, IBM

Worst: Walmart, Staples (I love them, hate the CS), Dunkin Donuts, Target

Old 08-09-2014, 01:15 AM

60 posts, read 102,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlightAttendant View Post
East coast based grocery chain Wegman's has given me absolutely outstandingly good customer service.

Sears is the worst. I will never, EVER shop at Sears again. Never. Ever.
I forgot about Sears! I purchased a stove from them and the delivery guys dropped it in the street, thereby damaging the bleep outta it. Ok, frustrating, but bleep happens, right! So, when I called about a replacement, because no way was I accepting delivery on that one, I was offered $50 if I would take it. Uh no. The call center actually transferred me to the store, where upon the store manager got on the phone, and berated me for not being grateful that his guys 'were at least on time'.

Old 08-09-2014, 07:15 AM

37,981 posts, read 46,792,674 times
There's a NE Ohio grocery chain named Buehler's. Their customer service is exemplary, and they have a conveyor system that sends your groceries outside, you drive up, and someone loads it into your car. Carts are not permitted outside the store. This is so convenient, yet I've never seen it used anywhere else. They must save a fortune on cart damage.

Old 08-11-2014, 07:30 PM

24,309 posts, read 33,552,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Passion4mb View Post
Depends on which location you go to, at least around here. Some of them will honor the 20% discount forever, some won't. Some will honor the 10% after it expires, but one store won't. They won't take the $5 off coupons either after they expire. It's kind of annoying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
Just off the top of my head:

Best: Starbucks, Nordstrom, NFCU, USAA, Fidelity, Whole Foods, Mercedes, IBM

Worst: Walmart, Staples (I love them, hate the CS), Dunkin Donuts, Target
LOL I can't believe I forgot Staples...checking out there is a Sisyphean task.

Old 08-11-2014, 07:35 PM

1,915 posts, read 3,402,097 times
Whenever I go to Ross, I feel like kicking myself for not going to Marshalls or TJ Maxx. Every single Ross I have ever shopped in is a complete mess and only has one cashier.

Best: Trader Joe's (cashier always checks to make sure eggs are not broken), Crate & Barrel and MAC Cosmetics.

Old 08-11-2014, 09:46 PM

40,062 posts, read 48,942,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Passion4mb View Post
^^^Not in our area, they are adamant about not honoring the coupons after they expire.

As far as best or worse it really depends on who's waiting on you at the time. You can go to 10 stores of the same brand and at 5 of them get 5 good sales help and then go to another 5 stores and get 5 bad ones. Or even within the same store at different days or times. It's the employees that make it or break it for the stores reputation.

Old 08-11-2014, 11:12 PM

9,012 posts, read 8,467,768 times
Best-

Starbuck's
Portillo's
Pep Boys

Worst-

Target
Toys R Us
Walgreens & CVS
Wal Mart
Red Roof Inn--the absolute worst
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products