U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2014, 04:30 PM

715 posts, read 626,325 times

Advertisements

Thinking about this before what are the best and worst places for customer service
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2014, 11:53 AM

10,702 posts, read 9,660,550 times
AAA has superior customer service! Several times I required help when my car broke down or had a flat tire and each time I received exceptional service and attitude. When in their office I complimented them for their customer service and was informed that all employees are trained and reminded that customer service is their primary goal.

As far as the worst, I don't have any particular company in mind; but the service can be poor due to any employee who is having a bad day or dislikes their job.

Old 08-07-2014, 12:07 PM
Status: "Free Thinking, humanist, aestheticist available for hire" (set 15 days ago)

5,172 posts, read 4,108,207 times
AAA is a good one. They are always helpful and prompt. I hate to have to use them, but I am glad I have them sometimes.

Hard to pick a worst, as there are many bad ones out there. Walmart, KMart come to mind, as does Best Buy, I have had difficulty dealing with an online Prescription service called Medco/Express Scripts. Kind of hit or miss as to if I will get meds or not, and this is one of those places that when I ask the same question to 5 different phone agents, I get 5 different answers, although none resolve the problem.

Old 08-07-2014, 01:19 PM

336 posts, read 333,054 times
Walmart tops the list inspite an unnessary middle management attempts to instill
a culture of customer satisfaction and service ( no doubt usung typical jock football
"team" analygies ,somthings never change. The criteria for Walmart employees is
never have eye contact, persoality wil not be toleratred, always laugh when we
stupids say " Another" "square " filty wheeled cart with the diaper changing food basket.
Give me some of that ancient produce, Please iick your fingers the bags do have an
opening ......somewhere. Hi sir..sir sir. its been a year since 29" inseamed jeans were
restocked what's with that? Beats me
Like wih any organization there are many great employees that compensate and we shop at Walmart frequently additonally Walmart hires people wih abilities
issues whch I applaud. There are many great deals on merchandise as well.

Last edited by Inattentive; 08-07-2014 at 02:08 PM..

Old 08-08-2014, 05:33 AM

24,152 posts, read 34,096,672 times
USAA has always given me solidly good service. Amazon also is solid in service.

Walmart never gives me good service but I blame the low wages for that.

Old 08-08-2014, 05:46 AM

60 posts, read 102,988 times
My picks:

Best service: KLM Airlines, Triple A, Lean Cuisine, Michael Angelo's, Greggs (UK restaurant chain) Tesco (UK grocery chain) and sadly nothing else comes to mind

Worst: Walmart, Tempurpedic, Rooms to Go, NetSpend, Walmart's MoneyCard Department and sadly too many more to name

Old 08-08-2014, 08:39 AM

18 posts, read 22,282 times
Kmart is the absolute worst. You can never go to Kmart to grab something "quick", it always takes 5 times longer than it should take. Their staff is clueless and I still don't understand why 10+ receipts print out no matter what I purchase.

I usually have good experiences at Target though.

Also, I don't think the customer service at Walmart is all that bad. I think the problem is the customer's Walmart attracts. I couldn't imagine putting up with half of what walmart associates have to put up with.

Old 08-08-2014, 10:14 AM

37,981 posts, read 46,792,674 times
DISH Network gave me fabulous customer service today. With so many people being dissatisfied with cable and satellite companies, I had a great experience.

My issues:
We woke up this morning with no signal from the DISH satellite.
Our monthly charge changed and I needed to know why, and get it lowered.

After pushing a few numbers to isolate the reason for my call, I was connected to a human. I did not need to provide my account number, or any other info because she knew who I was by the phone number I call on. The rep. walked me through a few steps and we got my signal back within about 5 minutes.
Next, I told her I had a billing issue and she transferred me to someone in that department. I explained I did not know why my monthly charge had gone up, and that I could not continue to pay so much. She asked a few questions about my viewing habits and I was able to bump down 2 tiers to cut my payment almost in half. This took about 5 minutes also.

I'm a DISH booster, for sure.

Old 08-08-2014, 07:13 PM

24,309 posts, read 33,552,134 times
Best (or at least reliable and civil):
Natural Grocer/Vitamin Cottage, Whole Foods, Bath & Body Works, JC Penney

Worst (in my experience):
Sears (#1 with a BULLET), Home Depot, Target, Subway

I have had appalling service before at Macy's, but that was only once and at only one specific location. Other locations were fine.

I didn't list Wal-Mart because I don't go there very often but when I do, they're usually OK. No worse than any other big box store, anyway.

Old 08-08-2014, 07:21 PM

2,199 posts, read 2,960,543 times
East coast based grocery chain Wegman's has given me absolutely outstandingly good customer service.

Sears is the worst. A few years ago I purchased 6 major appliances from them in one day: refrigerator (the most expensive one they sold at the time), a dishwasher, a stove, a washer, a dryer, and a microwave. I had just purchased a new home and needed all of these. No, I did not purchase the extended warranty on them, I figured that since every single one of these appliances I purchased were top of the line, national brands (only the fridge was Kenmore) that I wouldnt need it. Fast forward to one year and TWO days....refridge handle fell off. I mean it came off in pieces in my hand. Since I was a single woman who did not abuse this appliance, I expected that I would have some sort of help from Sears in getting it repaired for a discounted price. Remember, TWO days out of warranty. Nope. They basically said I was on my own since I didnt purchase their expensive warranty. This fridge was over $2000...I figured I should get at least more than one year and two days. I will never, EVER shop at Sears again. Never. Ever.

Last edited by FlightAttendant; 08-08-2014 at 07:31 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products