U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2014, 07:51 AM

5,188 posts, read 3,650,810 times

Advertisements

Wife's dementia includes urinary incontinence. Most mornings I wake her to find an oversaturated depends, wet pajama pants and shirt, wet protective pad that rests on the bottom bedsheet, and more frequently lately, wet top bedsheet. Is there a product that's superior to Depends?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2014, 04:36 PM

11,599 posts, read 20,756,774 times
That has to be stressful for you, maybe ask in the Health forum? I'd imagine there are caregivers there that could answer.

Old 08-20-2014, 10:22 PM

11,097 posts, read 14,788,486 times
Can you cut way down on her fluid intake before bedtime?
Make sure you're using the overnight briefs and that they have a good snug fit. If that doesn't get her through the entire night can you break it down into shorter periods between changes, say a heavy brief or pad from bedtime until midnight and then change into the overnight protection until morning?
You could try the Tena brand to see if you get better results or a better fit and Always has a new line out too.
Get a TENA Free Sample: Try TENA for Free - TENA
http://www.alwaysdiscreet.com/free-samples-and-coupons-always-discreet

Old 08-22-2014, 12:50 AM

1,886 posts, read 2,151,365 times
You might look at this website and ask them for their sampler package--one each of all the different diapers. That way you can see what is best for her.

Home Delivery Incontinence Supplies

They also have the disposable bed pads. You can also get their phone number on the webpage and call them. They were pretty good in supplying information when I called them. They did know their products. Also they can send you a catalog and each diaper is rated by how much they will soak up, so the higher rated Depends will soak up more urine than a lower rated one. All Depends are not the same. Also if she sleeps on her stomach a male diaper with the absorption in the front may be better for her.

BTW, I am not associated with the web page business. I am just a customer as my daughter uses their products.

Old 08-23-2014, 11:39 PM

2,897 posts, read 4,469,354 times
Make sure that you're using the "overnight" heavy ones. There are varying absorbencies.

You can can also get plastic pants (underwear) to put over that which may help contain overflow.

You may may want to check if there's a surgical supply story in your area. They may be able to advise you of helpful products.

Old 09-09-2014, 01:30 PM

8,369 posts, read 7,569,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvert Hall '62 View Post
Wife's dementia includes urinary incontinence. Most mornings I wake her to find an oversaturated depends, wet pajama pants and shirt, wet protective pad that rests on the bottom bedsheet, and more frequently lately, wet top bedsheet. Is there a product that's superior to Depends?
This link provides the capacity of each product when you click on the links.

Pull-On Absorbent Underwear Adult Diapers

I found it as I'm looking for a pull-on with more capacity than TENA heavy protection.

I've read that you need to cut off fluid intake at least two hours before bedtime. There's no guarantee that'll work though if her trip to the toilet before bed doesn't produce much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products