U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2014, 04:55 AM

35,108 posts, read 41,288,800 times

Advertisements

If I can find a better price online, mainly amazon I will order there but I am not able to get out much so it is a great thing for me to be able to stay home and still have things delivered.
When my Husband is home and we need something we will go together and I mainly do the online shopping in the winter when the weather is really bad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2014, 06:28 AM

36,770 posts, read 11,097,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
If I can find a better price online, mainly amazon I will order there but I am not able to get out much so it is a great thing for me to be able to stay home and still have things delivered.
When my Husband is home and we need something we will go together and I mainly do the online shopping in the winter when the weather is really bad.
I take this to mean that this year, the crowds at stores won't be as bad as they were last year!

Old 08-25-2014, 06:36 AM

16,437 posts, read 19,403,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
I take this to mean that this year, the crowds at stores won't be as bad as they were last year!
And soon there will be vacant ghost malls all over the country.

Old 08-25-2014, 08:00 AM

9,814 posts, read 16,233,038 times
I do both.

I prefer online for clothing, the selection is better. I hate finding a clothing item I like, but not in the size/color I want, then perhaps they call other stores, or see if they can order it for you, yadda, yadda, all while you stand there twiddling your thumbs.

However, I find the super bargains in store. Like a little dress I bought for my then one-year old daughter, an adorable Christmas dress, marked down from $127 to 89 cents Ok, it was middle of July, guess they just wanted to get rid of it, but still, what a deal!

Saturday we went to Dillards, they marked down previously marked down stuff, got dh 6 polo shirts, original price $98, got them for $13! Too bad it wasn't sales-tax free weekend

I find stores, especially clothing stores, soooooooo irritating. They assume everyone is built like Olive Oil, size 2-4, and wants some ridiculous outfit that's more like a Halloween costume, of course, at outrageous prices. Look, all most people want is basic clothes, like, pants, shirt, jacket, etc, etc ever notice how fast those items fly off the shelf, while the high-fashion crap sits there gathering dust?

I have a few catalogs I know my size, and order from them, they sell clothes, not costumes, usually my size is consistent, I usually manage to get free shipping, sometimes 20% off price, online has outlets, too.........I think I manage to look pretty good

Old 08-25-2014, 10:06 AM

5,164 posts, read 10,002,102 times
I hate people, so if I can I will buy online. I know my clothes/shoes size, so there is no need to try things on in a store. Its usually cheaper to buy online. Only reason to go to a B&M store is if I need something right away

Old 08-25-2014, 10:20 AM

8,612 posts, read 8,508,689 times
I buy most of my clothing and shoes online because I get better deals and the labels I like aren't readily available here. Even if they were the online prices are better. Certain vitamins, office supplies, LED bulbs, computers too, all online now.

I adore shopping the clearance racks but only do it a few times a year, mostly hunting for holiday gifts.

Old 08-25-2014, 04:17 PM

6,772 posts, read 5,404,717 times
I buy 90% of my clothes and shoes online. I have my favorites, so I usually don't get any surprises there. I placed about 6 orders this last week - fall shopping!

I did order from a new place and that had to go back, but it's no big deal. Post office is just down the street.

One advantage is that you can try on the items you ordered with the shoes, accessories, shirts/pants etc. you have on hand. Can't do that at the store.

Lots of free shipping and discount deals.

Old 08-25-2014, 04:31 PM

680 posts, read 633,809 times
Where I live (Maui Hawaii) some things are just not in the stores at all or they sell out fast -seeing a few empty shelves in Walmart and other stores is common so I find I'm buying more and more online.

I have not had any problems so far, free shipping, fast delivery so no complaints but I would Prefer to buy in person where I can check for defects etc.

Old 08-25-2014, 05:43 PM

1,039 posts, read 2,073,396 times
It depends on what I am shopping for. I hate shopping overall and mostly go to the grocery store. I seldom use online shopping at all. I will buy books online, that sort of thing.

Old 08-25-2014, 05:47 PM
Status: "MAAA-Make America American Again!" (set 7 days ago)

15,463 posts, read 8,969,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCc girl View Post
I buy most of my clothing and shoes online because I get better deals and the labels I like aren't readily available here. Even if they were the online prices are better. Certain vitamins, office supplies, LED bulbs, computers too, all online now.

I adore shopping the clearance racks but only do it a few times a year, mostly hunting for holiday gifts.
I've only purchased clothing a couple times online. Each time, the item did not fit and I had to return it, so have to do the dreaded fitting room experience after all. I hate going to the store, sorting through clothes, trying to find clothes I dislike the least (not really like), drag them in the fitting room, get naked, find they look ugly on me, I don't like them, or they don't seem worth the price, lather, rinse, repeat until I leave with one lousy shirt/pants/skirt. I wear my clothes until they are threadbare because of this awful experience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or