Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2014, 07:07 PM

2,305 posts, read 2,406,163 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVcook View Post
I've previously owned top loading and now own front loading machines. When I sell my house in the future, I will leave my front loading machines and go back to the top loaders. I miss that stupid old agitator that really did get my clothes cleaner.

I purchased my Whirlpool machines new in 2007 and they have performed well with no mechanical issues, nor have I had any issues with a "bad smell". But I do wipe the door and seal and leave the door slightly ajar until dry. The machines are located in the basement on a concrete floor, so I can't speak to the vibration issue although I suspect they would be 'noisy' if mounted on a surface that was not concrete. And actually, I would worry more about leaking if they were located in any other part of the house.

HTH

RVcook
" I miss that stupid old agitator that really did get my clothes cleaner."

Thinking about buying a high-efficiency top loader that does not have an agitator. What do you think about those?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2014, 07:37 PM

738 posts, read 998,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuptag View Post
" I miss that stupid old agitator that really did get my clothes cleaner."

Thinking about buying a high-efficiency top loader that does not have an agitator. What do you think about those?
I've never even considered buying one, but I'm sure that's because I'm a "victim" of my age. I had the old agitator-style and owned that set for 25 years...loved it! The new set has been good mechanically, but considering I paid close to $2k for the set, I was a little disappointed and all I can say about it is "meh..."

I don't want to be disappointed again with the newest technology. I just want a reliable set that has a lot fewer settings and that gets my clothes clean. I guess my needs are pretty simple .

RVcook

Old 09-03-2014, 07:40 PM

738 posts, read 998,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Restrain View Post
We were at Lowes getting a new dryer to match our new Maytag top loading HE washer. Lady was replacing her dryer. She had a Neptune, had nothing but trouble with it. Going back to the old style units.
My friend bought a Neptune set (Maytag) and experienced the same thing...nothing but problems. It was so bad that there was a class action lawsuit filed and finally settled. Horrible machine!

RVcook

Old 09-24-2014, 03:25 AM

29,391 posts, read 55,563,377 times
Top loaders last alot longer then front I have found. I had a top loader last 15 years before being replaced.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products