U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2014, 08:30 AM

631 posts, read 848,584 times

Advertisements

Amazon has mistakenly charged me for the Prime Membership. I never needed it nor chose this feature. I see no ways of getting my money back on their site as they only have the options of refunding some goods, not memberships.

I hate Amazon as they are too big and self-indulged and don't even have an option to write them a letter directly.

There is no such an option to get a refund of their wrong charging of my card.
Attached Thumbnails
How to get a refund on Amazon?-prim.png  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2014, 08:39 AM

15,209 posts, read 18,490,079 times
Amazon Home Page
Hover over "Your Prime" @ top right
Click "Manage Prime Membership" at bottom of menu
Click "End Membership" on left

Amazon.com Help: End Your Amazon Prime Membership
Quote:
Paid members who haven't placed an Amazon Prime eligible order are eligible for a full refund. You can't receive a refund if any of the household members have placed an Amazon Prime eligible order.

Old 10-14-2014, 01:16 PM

2,685 posts, read 4,929,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Origin of Symmetry View Post
Amazon has mistakenly charged me for the Prime Membership. I never needed it nor chose this feature.
Dispute the charge with your credit card company since you did not order it,or if you did order it, you did so without knowing it by getting tricked by Amazon's promotional links.

In the future forget Amazon and order from Books-a-Million!

Old 10-14-2014, 01:44 PM

48,516 posts, read 85,085,792 times
If you search carefully there is e-mail contact on the site.I have e-mailed and always got quick response. I can't remember now to get to it but its in contact or question type area.Amazon is great at making things right compared to others I have used.

Old 10-14-2014, 06:17 PM

1,007 posts, read 889,463 times
Call the number below or email them. I have always had great service and they have always refunded me when I wasn't satisfied. I think their service is superior to a lot of companies I have dealt with.

Toll free: 1-888-280-3321
International: 1-206-266-2992 --- charges may apply

Old 10-14-2014, 08:51 PM

14,547 posts, read 17,901,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
If you search carefully there is e-mail contact on the site.I have e-mailed and always got quick response. I can't remember now to get to it but its in contact or question type area.Amazon is great at making things right compared to others I have used.
The only time I've ever had a problem with a complaint was with 'used' software which wouldn't work on the current, well MY current version of win 7. But in all fairness, it says non refundable and I put a comment on the feedback saying it will not run on Windows 7. I've had much greater problems with others. Walmart has a VERY cumbersome method of getting a refund, for instance. Amazon especially if you go on chat will reverse the charge on the spot. The TV which wouldn't turn on took a couple of days but Amazon send a box to put the tv in and it was picked up for free.

I'd use Amazon over anyone else on online purchases.

If you got a 'free month' of prime and went one day over they WILL Charge you for it, but prorate it if you get a 'person' on chat and have them cancel it. Just be careful with those 'free' months.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or