U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-12-2014, 10:25 AM
 
Location: Cody, WY
9,780 posts, read 11,258,042 times
Reputation: 19763

Advertisements

Here's the Walmart Black Friday ad.

Casper Walmart Supercenter - Walmart.com

I suggest roasting your turkey, chicken, turducken, etc. on Wednesday night. Then make your gravy and let them sit overnight; they'll taste even better. Make your side dishes Thanksgiving ; eat dinner about 2; be ready to roll at 5.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmIOhUtaWMI
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-12-2014, 01:31 PM
 
24,503 posts, read 35,955,968 times
Reputation: 12847
Quote:
Originally Posted by StAcKhOuSe View Post
I will probably get drunk and throw eggs at anyone... waiting outside to buy stuff on thanksgiving night.

not dealing with those crazies.
You are the crazies. Getting drunk and throwing eggs at strangers is much more crazy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-12-2014, 03:28 PM
 
2,079 posts, read 2,655,425 times
Reputation: 3947
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
You are the crazies. Getting drunk and throwing eggs at strangers is much more crazy.
k

have fun trampling over other idiots in order to save $70 on that big screen tv

I don't really plan to do that, but we will see how I feel after work. plans change
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-12-2014, 05:37 PM
 
24,503 posts, read 35,955,968 times
Reputation: 12847
Quote:
Originally Posted by StAcKhOuSe View Post
k

have fun trampling over other idiots in order to save $70 on that big screen tv

I don't really plan to do that, but we will see how I feel after work. plans change
I won't be trampling over you or other idiots. I'll be spending the day with my family.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-12-2014, 06:35 PM
 
Location: Rochester, NY
1,129 posts, read 1,094,452 times
Reputation: 371
What I do on Black Friday...

I go to Walmart during the last few hours...

With all the aggressiveness for stuff, I always find what I need somewhere in the back of the shelf .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-12-2014, 08:30 PM
 
2,079 posts, read 2,655,425 times
Reputation: 3947
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
I won't be trampling over you or other idiots. I'll be spending the day with my family.
ummm good for you

i'll save some extra large eggs just for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-13-2014, 09:31 AM
 
Location: Verde Valley AZ
8,776 posts, read 9,925,358 times
Reputation: 11385
I don't have my schedule for Thanksgiving/Black Friday yet but I'm more than a little aggravated that Walmart has decided that Black Friday starts on Thanksgiving! At 6 PM?? Well, the good thing is that I won't be scheduled in at midnight, or some other crazy hour, but still......

If eggs weren't so expensive, and I don't like to waste them, I'd be throwing them at MY store! lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-15-2014, 02:53 PM
 
24,503 posts, read 35,955,968 times
Reputation: 12847
Quote:
Originally Posted by StAcKhOuSe View Post
ummm good for you

i'll save some extra large eggs just for you.
Any the craziness continues. Seek professional help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-15-2014, 02:55 PM
 
24,503 posts, read 35,955,968 times
Reputation: 12847
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZDesertBrat View Post
I don't have my schedule for Thanksgiving/Black Friday yet but I'm more than a little aggravated that Walmart has decided that Black Friday starts on Thanksgiving! At 6 PM?? Well, the good thing is that I won't be scheduled in at midnight, or some other crazy hour, but still......

If eggs weren't so expensive, and I don't like to waste them, I'd be throwing them at MY store! lol
People want to shop and the demand has required Walmart to open earlier in order to gain the foot traffic. It's sad, but these shoppers are greedy consumers that want their stuff sooner.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-15-2014, 04:51 PM
 
Location: M I N N E S O T A
14,800 posts, read 18,040,454 times
Reputation: 9039
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
People want to shop and the demand has required Walmart to open earlier in order to gain the foot traffic. It's sad, but these shoppers are greedy consumers that want their stuff sooner.
Why is it sad? people are allowed to shop whenever they want... you guys do realize you do not have to go to WalMart at 6pm right? that is just when it opens...

I will for sure be there at Thanksgiving and am happy that i don't have to stay up till midnight.

Gonna get my Xbox One, play my game for a couple hours and i'll be in bed well before midnight
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:07 PM.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top