U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2014, 08:34 AM

1,129 posts, read 1,094,620 times

Advertisements

Black Friday is a month away, and stores are announcing their opening times! Update this thread as necessary and post what you want to buy...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2014, 03:36 PM

21,540 posts, read 24,671,425 times
For those of you who want to know more about Black Friday or get a jump on the specials, follow this link:
Black Friday 2014 | Black Friday Ads | Black Friday Deals | BFAds.net

Old 11-09-2014, 10:29 AM

1,645 posts, read 3,084,528 times
I admire the stores who say they will be closed all day on Thanksgiving day. I am looking for a few deals on Black Friday, but I won't be going out on Thanksgiving day or super early in the morning on Friday. It isn't worth the hassle. They always have the item I'm seeking later in the day.

Old 11-10-2014, 09:08 PM
Status: "Free Thinking, humanist, aestheticist available for hire" (set 17 days ago)

5,174 posts, read 4,108,916 times
No-Thing in particular.

I have been shopping online already, the best deals are in the month of November BEFORE Black Friday. All the big gifts are already done.
BUT Tomorrow 11-11 I am going to be a commie rat and buy from Ali-Baba, because my kids and family members all want sports jerseys and it is easier to buy the knockoffs from China than to visit the stadium stores. So sue me.

Old 11-11-2014, 11:01 AM

881 posts, read 933,043 times
I think for Black Friday this year I am going to walk in one of the informational picket lines at WalMart.

Old 11-11-2014, 11:04 AM

35,108 posts, read 41,288,800 times
We will be stocked up and done with purchasing anything besides milk and eggs from the local farmer from November 15 through January 1, 2015.
No shopping in this home the next 1.5 months (roughly).

Old 11-11-2014, 01:29 PM

9,783 posts, read 11,262,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
For those of you who want to know more about Black Friday or get a jump on the specials, follow this link:
Black Friday 2014 | Black Friday Ads | Black Friday Deals | BFAds.net
Black Friday has quickly become one of our most important Christmas traditions. Remember that Christmas is a time for gift-giving, eating, drinking, and just plain enjoying life.

Be sure to get your Christmas decorations up in the next two weeks. You can still bake fruit cakes although the time to do that is July. Some online liquor and food dealers will be offering great specials; don't overlook them.

Whether you join the celebration in person or from the comfort of your home remember that Black Friday only comes once each year. Enjoy yourselves.

Old 11-11-2014, 04:34 PM
Status: "Free Thinking, humanist, aestheticist available for hire" (set 17 days ago)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
Black Friday has quickly become one of our most important Christmas traditions. Remember that Christmas is a time for gift-giving, eating, drinking, and just plain enjoying life.

Be sure to get your Christmas decorations up in the next two weeks. You can still bake fruit cakes although the time to do that is July. Some online liquor and food dealers will be offering great specials; don't overlook them.

Whether you join the celebration in person or from the comfort of your home remember that Black Friday only comes once each year. Enjoy yourselves.
Happy in Florida too
It is easiest to go ahead and have the Thanksgiving decorations packed next to the Halloween ones so that when you put the October ones away, you can take out the November 27th ones and go ahead and get the Christmas ones out too.

I recommend going ahead and getting a jump on Black Friday as I did by supporting our beloved neighbors in Asia by buying on 11-11.(In CHina 11-11 is "Singles day" or rather "Singres day".) If we consider that the things bought on November 38th come from China anyway, why not save some yuan and buy direct from the course ?

That makes Black Friday less of a fiscal obligation and more of a social holiday !

Old 11-11-2014, 06:20 PM

mmmkay ?

Old 11-12-2014, 09:56 AM

2,079 posts, read 2,655,841 times
I don't want to buy anything. in fact, I will probably get drunk and throw eggs at anyone stupid enough to be waiting outside to buy stuff on thanksgiving night.

black Friday will be a much-needed day off for which I will not step foot outside except to pick up more eggnog at the corner store if I run out. not dealing with those crazies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or