Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2014, 06:23 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,848,488 times

Advertisements

Some have had bad service like anywhere. Others are union workers or employee or know one; IMO. Many worse places to buy from especially on returns etc .Its like the campaign unions encouraged when Toyota had recall. You do not hear from same people now that general motors and Big three are being effected.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2014, 06:27 PM

3,201 posts, read 4,409,928 times
only white liberals hate walmart

they will tell you this! they will also tell you how much they just loooooove target without you even asking

funny how that works

Old 10-29-2014, 07:08 PM

381 posts, read 642,722 times
I used to be a big Wal-Mart guy. But they've lost my business.

The shelves are constantly understocked at many of the locations I visit. They have also stopped carrying several items I buy frequently, such as the brand of razorblades I prefer.

I found that Meijer, a regional chain, has similar prices and a better selection and stock.

Old 10-29-2014, 07:08 PM

4,236 posts, read 8,141,570 times
I find it funny that places like Harbor Freight get a free pass. The employees are paid poorly and the average idiot that shops there think he got a deal on China pot metal drill bits and drill with a possible fake UL label.

Old 10-29-2014, 07:15 PM

5,155 posts, read 4,620,948 times
I think a lot of people hate it because apparently Walmart puts a lot of mom & pop stores out of business... which I guess mom & pop stores were the heart of America and offer more quality. ::shrug::

The one in King of Prussia is a dump and they don't carry a lot of the same things as the Walmart in Trooper carries. I'll shop online, go to Boscov's or some mom & pop store.

Old 10-29-2014, 07:27 PM

44,628 posts, read 61,611,846 times
One of Wal Mart's biggest problems is that they buy and stock a certain amount of hard goods and when they're gone (sold out) they're gone forever. They don't order replacements so you can't go back months later for another one and they never have replacement parts. Everything is disposable. It's a continuous buy from overseas stuff and when it breaks you buy something else.

Old 10-29-2014, 07:29 PM

4,236 posts, read 8,141,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessxwrites89 View Post
I think a lot of people hate it because apparently Walmart puts a lot of mom & pop stores out of business... which I guess mom & pop stores were the heart of America and offer more quality. ::shrug::

The one in King of Prussia is a dump and they don't carry a lot of the same things as the Walmart in Trooper carries. I'll shop online, go to Boscov's or some mom & pop store.
It makes zero sense to pay more at a mom and pop store for the same item that’s made in China vs. any big box store. You may get that warm a cozy feeling that you kept the money local, but that’s about where it ends.

Shopping at mom and pop stores only makes sense if they’re selling on quality.

Old 10-29-2014, 07:55 PM

1,774 posts, read 2,310,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeniusGirl800 View Post
I don't get it. Every Walmart I've been to is rather nice and clean.
The new ones are usually nice but the older ones can be nasty.

Old 10-29-2014, 08:19 PM

2,700 posts, read 4,938,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
"Why Does Everyone Hate Walmart?"

If everyone hated WalMart, no one would be shopping there.... LOL!

I don't shop there because I do not like their politics, they have generally poor quality, they don't carry things I prefer... etc.
See this is what I hate about people who are Walmart haters.. As stated above in red... Ok Walmart doesn't manufacture their own products and manufacturers don't make certain qualities for Walmart any more than they do for any other store.. So if you buy fruit of the loom it is the same quality at any store... Walmarts is not inferior to others....

Same with all name brand items.. AND a lot of Walmarts items are the same as a name brand because the company made it for Walmart and just put their store label brand on it....

And just to let you in on a secret.... Walmart CAN order anything from around the world for it's customers... Walmart is such a huge business that the government of our country will let them order stuff from places no one else buys from if they wish... You want a car from Russia.. Walmart can get it for you.. Cubanos..No prob..Walmart to the rescue... Of course I am not talking about like 1 box of cigars.. BUT a big order they can do...

So don't dish out the Union propaganda that Walmart is inferior.. That is BS!!!!!!!

Old 10-29-2014, 08:38 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,825,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
"Why Does Everyone Hate Walmart?"

If everyone hated WalMart, no one would be shopping there.... LOL!

I don't shop there because I do not like their politics, they have generally poor quality, they don't carry things I prefer... etc.

If politics were a legitimate reason to shun a shop or service
Ben & Jerry's would be out of business.

Beyond that, the "merchandise quality" excuse is always good for a laugh. Yeah...The Infusium conditioner, Crest toothpaste, Johnson & Johnson dental floss, Dawn dish soap, Pond's cold cream, Vaseline, Maybelline Great Lash Mascara, and Bic pens are of such an inferior quality at Walmart than, say, our local and overpriced drugstore.

Give me a break.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products