Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2014, 08:33 AM

24,202 posts, read 19,202,259 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katie45 View Post
Best way to solve that issue is to use the self-checkout lane. Can't imagine most grocery stores having a full staff at 11:45 p.m.
OP wasn't asking for a full staff, just saying that a manager should have rung their purchases given that the ONLY cashier was tied up with a very large order. I've been in stores long before midnight and have seen managers and front end people jump on a register to clear a long line. It's called customer service.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2014, 12:32 PM

11,558 posts, read 12,050,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blisterpeanuts View Post
Saying "it'll be a long wait" to a customer isn't very professional.

If Publix has self-checkout machines then maybe it's a better place to go late at night.
But then what would they have to complain about so they can continue bashing Wal-Mart? Some people just can't wait to claim that WM is the worse store on the planet, and many have no valid reasons. But if that's the way they feel, they are free to spend their money elsewhere.

WM is not staying awake at night worrying about losing business.

We have a Super Target practically right next door to the Super Wal-Mart and there are just a handful of cars in the Target parking lot while at the same time the WM parking lot is packed - and this is not unusual, this the the norm.

Old 11-13-2014, 01:05 PM

338 posts, read 421,169 times

Program these frequencies into your UV5R, park somewhere close to the local Wal-Mart (preferrably off-campus) and have a field day!

Quote:
"On the other hand, there's been some resistance to self-checkout among customers and that's why Walmart and some other retailers have been getting rid of them."
Good. Even though that article is four years old, I hate those things and refuse to use them. Any time you use a self-service point-of-sale terminal, you are putting a cashier out of work.

Old 11-13-2014, 01:34 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,837,015 times
Quote:
Best way to solve that issue is to use the self-checkout lane. Can't imagine most grocery stores having a full staff at 11:45 p.m.
I would have used those self check out lanes, I like them, I asked why those self check out lines were closed, and they shut those down around 8 pm every night for some unknown reason.

I did call the day manager at WalMart today to tell him what happened and he could not have been more apologetic and said they should have opened another line when that lady came up with a truckload of stuff. But the closing down of the registers at midnight is a policy of WM and they do that in every grocery or regular store. So, guess who will not go to WM late at night any more?

Don

Old 11-13-2014, 03:59 PM

892 posts, read 1,499,646 times
Quote:
That would be great....if.they were actually open at night.

I used to be averse to the self checkouts for the reason of putting people out of work, but lately it seems more and more I get the loser cashier that acts like I'm there to waste his/her time time to play games on their phone, so I find myself gravitating more and more to the self checkouts now

Old 11-13-2014, 05:36 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,834,641 times
Thumbs down *

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945
That is what separates WalMart from a store like Publix. At Publix they find ways to make sure you are happy and will do whatever it takes. The same can not be said for WM, they always have an excuse why they can't do something.
Same thing with PRICE CHOPPER DON..... A bunch of unfriendly idiots there who wont LIFT A FINGER to try and help someone... (If its not standard)

Old 11-14-2014, 01:10 AM

1,629 posts, read 2,628,471 times
Last night was my LAST trip to Walmart ever, ever, EVER again! What I saw tonight could happen anywhere, yes. The fact of the matter is I saw it with my own eyes IN Walmart and thus can't ever walk into a Walmart again without seeing the horror.

I am in AZ and had to run into Walmart for a late night money order. Unfortunately, Walmart's self called "Money Store" was closed or unmanned and Customer Service was completely vacant with not an employee in sight. I decided to go to another store to get what I needed. On my way out, I witnessed the horror first hand. While walking out of the store a lady and her "service" dog were in the process of being checked out by one of the cashiers. Just my luck, on the way out of the store, the dog decides to have a bowel movement right then and there. I didn't look directly but the dog took a HUGE dump right in the store. Just a huge pile. The cashier, several stockers who happened to be in the front of the store, and other customers were in pure shock. I picked up the pace and literally ran out of the store trying not to throw up.

Again, I am more than aware that this can and probably DOES happen in other stores too. However, when combined with the poor service, the number of trashy people who shop at Walmart, the surly and apathetic workers, and the long lines, this was the straw that broke the camel's back. Walmart is a trash heap and needs to be shut down.

Old 11-14-2014, 04:40 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,189,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by new2colo View Post
Last night was my LAST trip to Walmart ever, ever, EVER again! What I saw tonight could happen anywhere, yes. ................
Again, I am more than aware that this can and probably DOES happen in other stores too. . Walmart is a trash heap and needs to be shut down.
You know this, you admit this yet felt compelled to bring the story to a thread about Walmart, as if it reflects on WM.

Old 11-14-2014, 08:01 AM

1,629 posts, read 2,628,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
You know this, you admit this yet felt compelled to bring the story to a thread about Walmart, as if it reflects on WM.
Yep, I did. It was disgusting and I will not be going there again.

Old 11-14-2014, 09:59 AM

6,704 posts, read 5,930,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by new2colo View Post
Just my luck, on the way out of the store, the dog decides to have a bowel movement right then and there. I didn't look directly but the dog took a HUGE dump right in the store.
That could happen anywhere! Why do you blame Walmart?

If anything, you should be upset at the dog's client who clearly doesn't know how to take care of the poor animal. But to blame the store in which it happened? Heck, why not sue Walmart for the mental suffering this caused you! palm slap.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products