U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2014, 08:58 PM

252 posts, read 202,230 times

Advertisements

Lately, Ive been not receiving important mail. So far its like a 50% success rate. So far, Ive been missing a debit card mailing and some important health insurance info, and now have my missing healthcard in the mail and Im running out of time to activate my insurance and make a medical appt. I have important documents arriving certified, but even with that Im losing faith. Im so tired of calling businesses and having them tell me I SHOULD have received this or that in the mail throwing their proverbial hands in the air.

Does anyone have any advice on getting them on the ball? Short term planning on calling both hq and the local PO. Longterm, PO Box, or PMB?

I know it must be a hard job with not enough pay, but I need my mail and this is unacceptable. Any advice on this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2014, 06:19 AM

20,521 posts, read 20,511,864 times
We've had a series of newly hired delivery people and things have been terrible.
You can got to your local PO and see if this is the situation and wait it out and, if not a big inconvenience for you, have them hold your mail and pick it up.
Register a complaint anyway .

Old 11-21-2014, 09:28 AM

15,209 posts, read 18,490,079 times
Your mail could be being stolen. Happens.

Find a private mailbox near your home and breathe easier. Places like Mailboxes Etc., UPS Store, Fedex Store, etc. Better than a PO box because you can receive anything there, not just mail.

Old 11-21-2014, 06:23 PM

881 posts, read 933,043 times
I know the post office takes co.plaints seriously. Every one of them has to be followed up on and the solution has to be reported back. I had a problem once with my carrier not leaving packages, just a slip saying no one was home (someone was home) I would have to pick it up myself if I could get out of work early I filed a complaint and got a call the next morning from the postmaster. Never happened again

Old 11-21-2014, 07:16 PM

48,516 posts, read 85,085,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal Midwest Noobie View Post
Lately, Ive been not receiving important mail. So far its like a 50% success rate. So far, Ive been missing a debit card mailing and some important health insurance info, and now have my missing healthcard in the mail and Im running out of time to activate my insurance and make a medical appt. I have important documents arriving certified, but even with that Im losing faith. Im so tired of calling businesses and having them tell me I SHOULD have received this or that in the mail throwing their proverbial hands in the air.

Does anyone have any advice on getting them on the ball? Short term planning on calling both hq and the local PO. Longterm, PO Box, or PMB?

I know it must be a hard job with not enough pay, but I need my mail and this is unacceptable. Any advice on this?
Ask to be sent signature required and ask what to send to cover cost. Have it sent to where you or another authorized perosn can sign for it. A PO box might be wise thereafter.

Old 09-26-2015, 07:07 AM

2 posts, read 1,003 times
I recently purchased a Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge from Amazon. The seller sent it requiring signature confirmation. I checked the status online and saw that it had been delivered, but without a signature. The next day I talked to my postman and he told me that he gave the package to someone who was in my driveway and they put initials on the signature device. He couldn't tell what they looked like only that it was a man. Now this guy has been delivering my mail for eight months, and since I sell on Ebay I give him packages all the time. He knows who I am and I am astounded he would give my package to a stranger without verifying who he was. I can't believe the postman wouldn't come to the door to deliver my package or try to verify who he gave the package to. I filed a police report, and lodged a complaint with the post office. My seller didn't bother to insure a $724.00 phone because according to him Amazon doesn't allow sellers to buy insurance. Meanwhile I put out the word that my mail was stolen and found out it was our neighborhood thief who is well known to the police. The police actaully called me at 1:30 in the morning to ask if I saw him to call them so they could come and arrest him. Apparently he sold the phone to a girl who sold the phone to a cell phone shop down the street. I called the police to report this and they wont do anything. The cell phone shop told me that I would need a court orfer to investigate their cell phone purchases even though I gave him the name of the girl he bought the phone from. The postmaster hasn't bothered to return any of my calls. So I'm out $724.00. I did call my credit card company to file a dispute but I doubt I can win because of the stupid postman delivered my package to the thief. You would think that if the seller didn't want to pay for insurance that he would at least ask for a restricted signature delivery.

Old 09-26-2015, 07:13 PM

133 posts, read 133,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal Midwest Noobie View Post

I am sorry you are having this issue. Did you just move to this location? I have had this issue before also. A lot of wrong mail get's put into my box. So, many of times I do drive to the address it belongs but only if it is on my street because I know the people on my street. However, if it is not on my street then I end up tossing in back in the outgoing box. If someone has done this to your mail in the wrong box, it's going to get lost and in limbo. If any of your senders have a return clause on the mail such as return to sender then that helps. It means once returned they will cover the cost to send it back. If it is not on there from the sender it may get lost because the Post Office is in limbo of why it is returned to them and where does it go- again.

I would wait for the Mail Carrier to come and meet them face to face so they can match a face to your mailbox. Many of times the same person works your zip code, but some rotate an alternate person. In that case you can meet at least one. I put a larger sign inside my box that hangs down for them to see my name in BOLD LETTERS of the last names/ first names for my box. I never had the issue again.

Old 09-28-2015, 10:00 PM

15,232 posts, read 20,179,667 times
I've owned my house for 35 years and have received tens of thousands of packages here in that time. Never once has UPS or FedEx mis-delivered a package but USPS frequently delivers my packages to houses on other streets.

I had to call the USPS again today because tracking showed a package as having been delivered (left at my front door) today -- I'm retired and was home all day so I know nothing was delivered. When I called USPS, I was advised that they now have a GPS-like "locator" that can tell exactly where the postman was when he scanned the package as delivered. So someone at USPS is checking to see where (what house number and street) my mailman was when he mis-delivered my package.

My first thought was that it was an interesting concept. And my second thought was how many packages must get mis-delivered for the USPS to invest in such a device.

Old 09-30-2015, 08:57 AM

2,502 posts, read 1,597,320 times
I started a thread about mail/packages being mis-delivered in this forum:

Does anyone else have issues with packages getting mis-delivered in your area?

Old 10-04-2015, 02:14 PM

5,224 posts, read 13,629,010 times
My friend found a bag of mail in a ditch....stolen or simply thrown out by the mailman...don't know. Some of it was MINE! I e-mailed the Postmaster, since you cannot get a live person on the phone....haven't heard a word, yet...been 2 weeks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products