U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2014, 12:52 PM

35,115 posts, read 42,534,702 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss20ts View Post
Can't buy gas anywhere here without prepaying or sliding your credit card in so that one is pointless.

How often do people go to restaurants without their wallet, cash, or credit card? Can't say I've ever done it. Then again, I never leave my house with only $2.

You've got more what if's than Carter's has pills! Just admit you screwed up by not having enough money. Geesh. What's the big deal? Here we are a week later and the world is still spinning. The world hasn't ended over a cup of coffee! Amazing!!!!
Its a discussion forum, we are discussing a topic.If the topic bores you the solution is simple..
As for not carrying cash? its 5am and i'm going to the gymn for an hour i'm in gymn shorts with no pockets,Makes no sense to me to bring vast sums of money on this 10 minute journey to the gymn on the off chance i'll need it, i bring along my usual $2 for my usual $2 coffee that i've been buying at the same place for the last 2 years. Result due to an unexpected over the weekend price hike i'm 10 cents short=i'll pay you tomorrow? i ask , No was the answer.
i dont agree that not having $2.10 was screwing up as i had no way to know they had raised the price over the weekend.

The whole reason for the topic is to find out other peoples opinions of what they would think or do in similar circumstance.,
Obviously the general consensus is i was out of line for thinking my 2 years of regular patronage might have the employee sliding the dime over till i returned the next morning.
That employee can now rest assured i'll never put him in that position again.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2014, 04:52 PM

1,562 posts, read 1,164,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Some of these responses are so funny. No wonder there are few examples of common sense displayed anymore,

I visualize the mindless employee standing there staring with their thumb up their butt at a customer gasping for breathe because they inhaled a piece of their donut because corporate told clerks never to come out from behind the counter.
Oh, and I fully expect posts that will say just what protocol they think they should follow rather than break a rule, even if it means delaying help.
Right. How dare that choking customer feel so entitled? Sounds like a real whiner to me. "Well, I'm not allowed to leave the counter. I need permission from my manager before I can use the phone, too. I'm not risking my job because he wasn't chewing his donut like an adult."... And I guess all of these posters would use the same arguments to defend the clerk's inaction.

Is this no longer a human world we live in? This manager has a great customer of several years in front of him who is a dime short. A DIME! Where is common sense in this whole scenario?

Old 12-07-2014, 05:11 PM

2,080 posts, read 3,131,584 times
Wow. 113 posts over a dime. Will someone please mail the OP a dime, so we can be dine with this drama?

Old 12-07-2014, 05:33 PM

3,429 posts, read 5,255,612 times
I Haven't read all the posts but I'm sure glad I live in a small community. Several years ago I stopped at my local gas station and filled up my near empty Suburban for over $150.00 and one does not have to prepay either in the store or at the pump. When finished I dug in to my purse, grabbed my wallet and headed in to the store to pay for the gas. I opened my wallet and did not have my card, it was sitting on my desk because I'd made an on line purchase for something or other. I told the clerk that I didn't have my card or enough cash to cover it and offered to leave both the vehicle and my license while I walked home about 3/10 of a mile to get my card. She said no, drive home and get your card, which I did and came right back to pay. NO problem.

The shop where I get my vehicle repaired is about a mile from home and when I drop it off they give me a ride home if it's going to be more than half an hour or so. When they finish they often just drop the car in my driveway, usually at the end of the day just before they close, knowing that I'll stop by in a day or a week and pay them. I've often asked that they at least leave me an invoice to help remind me but Darrell says no, he trusts me and figures I'll eventually remember.

Many small business' here don't take credit or debit cards but do take personal checks and I've never had anyone ask for ID when I do pay by check.

Old 12-07-2014, 09:50 PM

2,080 posts, read 3,131,584 times
Brother can you spare a dime?

http://youtu.be/4F4yT0KAMyo

Old 12-07-2014, 09:58 PM

4,929 posts, read 4,212,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
That employee can now rest assured i'll never put him in that position again.

And for that, he thanks you!!!

Old 12-08-2014, 02:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keim View Post
Wow. 113 posts over a dime. Will someone please mail the OP a dime, so we can be dine with this drama?
Its obviously about more than the dime but i guess the main focus of the topic has eluded you.
You can be done with this drama any time you choose,

Last edited by nancy thereader; 12-08-2014 at 08:11 AM..

Old 12-08-2014, 02:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachSalsa View Post
And for that, he thanks you!!!
And you would know this how?

Old 12-08-2014, 09:07 AM

769 posts, read 653,660 times
I coffee and a muffin, is not a good meal before a workout.

Old 12-08-2014, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 191185 View Post
I coffee and a muffin, is not a good meal before a workout.
Ya, it was explained in post 60.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products