U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2014, 12:32 PM

2,080 posts, read 3,132,317 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Its obviously about more than the dime but i guess the main focus of the topic has eluded you.
You can be done with this drama any time you choose,
Nothing has eluded me. For you this thread is about your outrage at them not spotting you a dime after years as a loyal customer. You feel slighted.

For me this thread is about the humor of watching someone WAY overreact.

I'm still getting some laughs from the drama, thus sticking around.

Thanks for the grin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2014, 12:39 PM

35,118 posts, read 42,547,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keim View Post
Nothing has eluded me. For you this thread is about your outrage at them not spotting you a dime after years as a loyal customer. You feel slighted.

For me this thread is about the humor of watching someone WAY overreact.

I'm still getting some laughs from the drama, thus sticking around.

Thanks for the grin.

Whats the topic title?There in lies the reason for the topic, the dime is inconsequential and was just the catalyst that provoked the topic. Feel free to participate in the discussion as to date your contribution has been rather vacuous..

Last edited by jambo101; 12-08-2014 at 12:58 PM..

Old 12-08-2014, 01:05 PM

12,304 posts, read 11,052,530 times
Quote:
the dime is inconsequential
There's an awful lot of chit chat for an inconsequential dime.

Old 12-08-2014, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Whats the topic title?There in lies the reason for the topic, the dime is inconsequential and was just the catalyst that provoked the topic. Feel free to participate in the discussion as to date your contribution has been rather vacuous..

I gave my thoughts on "The Case of The Clerk That Didn't Give a Dime" back in post 19. Haven't seen much better or deeper analysis in the ensuing discussion.

Vacuous, huh? Glad you remembered to pack that ten cent word on your way to the C-D forum this morning. Would hate for you to come up short again.

Thanks for another chuckle.

Last edited by Keim; 12-08-2014 at 01:55 PM..

Old 12-08-2014, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss20ts View Post
There's an awful lot of chit chat for an inconsequential dime.
The topic is about whats your patronage worth the dime is only relevant as an example of my experience, your experience would be?..

Old 12-08-2014, 03:31 PM

Quote:
I gave my thoughts on "The Case of The Clerk That Didn't Give a Dime" back in post 19. Haven't seen much better or deeper analysis in the ensuing discussion.

Vacuous, huh? Glad you remembered to pack that ten cent word on your way to the C-D forum this morning. Would hate for you to come up short again.

Thanks for another chuckle.
The content of your posts has deteriorated in quality since post 19,
There was no leave a penny, take a penny" jar.
and in Canada its not considered a crime or an offense worthy of being fired to be a dime short on your cash as outlined in post 105.
Odd you would assign numeric values to words,10 cents for a vacuous? or are you being satirical with its meaning?.

If you have any places you'd consider yourself a regular i'd like to hear what you consider your patronage to be worth.

Last edited by jambo101; 12-08-2014 at 03:53 PM..

Old 12-08-2014, 03:46 PM

Quote:
The content of your posts has deteriorated in quality since post 19,
There was no leave a penny, take a penny" jar.
and in Canada its not considered a crime or an offense worthy of being fired to be a dime short on your cash as outlined in post 105.
Odd you would assign numeric values to words,10 cents for a vacuous? or are you being satirical with its meaning?.

Thank you for your quality control. Nice to know you care. You will notice an inverse correlation between how ridiculous I think you are being about your dime and the quality of my posts. Serious matters get serious attention. When it became apparent you were ranting over a dime I switched to repartee'.

Penny jars-Yes. That's why I said having one there would take care of the problem. Maybe you should give them one. Would take you less time than participating in this thread has. Could call it the "Jambo101 Memorial Penny Cup" in honor of your epic C-D hissy fit.

10 cent word: Satirical. It is a common folk saying.

Old 12-08-2014, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Thank you for your quality control. Nice to know you care. You will notice an inverse correlation between how ridiculous I think you are being about your dime and the quality of my posts. Serious matters get serious attention. When it became apparent you were ranting over a dime I switched to repartee'.

Penny jars-Yes. That's why I said having one there would take care of the problem. Maybe you should give them one. Would take you less time than participating in this thread has. Could call it the "Jambo101 Memorial Penny Cup" in honor of your epic C-D hissy fit.

10 cent word: Satirical. It is a common folk saying.
You've never really gotten the point of this topic Keim and still continue to dwell on my initial example.
I am glad the topic has at least brought you much amusement.Although i can think of better places to go for humor..start here=

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvBszBw1iyk

Old 12-08-2014, 05:37 PM

Quote:
You've never really gotten the point of this topic Keim and still continue to dwell on my initial example.
I am glad the topic has at least brought you much amusement.Although i can think of better places to go for humor..
Make no mistake, I get the topic very well. Customer service, and loyalty. Not confusing in the least. I just find your fit over a dime comical.

Have you provided other examples?

I just noticed that earlier you asked: "any places you'd consider yourself a regular i'd like to hear what you consider your patronage to be worth. "

Sorry I missed that.

I live in a small town. I am a regular at LOTS of places. I would not be unhappy at any of them for not loaning me a dime. I would be pleased if they did. But, it would not reflect poorly on them if they did not. The odds of my needing this service are miniscule. I never leave the house without my wallet.

My patronage is worth exactly the cost of the current transaction. As long as they treat me with reasonable professionalism and friendliness I won't be upset if they refuse my request for a short term loan. And, if someone in town has a better price than them, perhaps by as little as a dime, I might go to that business. That's the nature of retail.

Carlin was a genius.

Old 12-08-2014, 05:41 PM

12,304 posts, read 11,052,530 times
Quote:
The topic is about whats your patronage worth the dime is only relevant as an example of my experience, your experience would be?..
I pay with a card 99.9% of time. No worries about being short a dime. I don't leave the house with only $2 cash on me no matter where I'm going because you never know what will happen in life. I also wouldn't ever expect someone to front me any money either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products