U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2014, 12:54 PM

2,080 posts, read 3,132,317 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Sometimes one starts a topic and it goes in an unexpected direction as this one seems to have gone for me, i assumed the topic title would be self evident on what was expected the topic to consist of, people recounting their experiences and stories of patronage to various places in their lives, but instead of hearing about aspects of peoples experiences with patronage i've had to defend my example in the first post almost entirely..
My mistake as its apparent more elaboration should have accompanied that first post.
For those that got it or expressed an understanding about my situation thanks
For those that didnt get the topics intent i'm glad the topic at least provided you with some entertainment.

Thus ends "The Case of The Clerk That Didn't Give a Dime."

Tune in next week at the same time for the exciting tale of "The Buck Fifty Bandit!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2014, 02:17 PM

11,605 posts, read 20,763,655 times
Folks seem to think gas stations make big bucks - I am good friends w/someone who owned a station for many, many years - he told me he honestly didn't make money on gas, it was the repair work done and since cars don't need as many repairs in recent years, he had to sadly sell his business.

Old 12-09-2014, 03:41 PM

35,118 posts, read 42,547,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keim View Post
If you wanted other stories of poor customer service, your original note should've asked for them. As it was, it appeared you were asking others what they thought of your reaction.
I mistakenly assumed the title of the topic was self evident and even reiterated the intent of the topic in several Posts throughout the topic about the intent of the topic being about whats your patronage worth and not really about my initial story but some were too blinded by their own agenda of being argumentative and contrary that they never noticed and never contributed a single incident of their own experiences of patronage good or bad to a business.'Bah Humbug must attack the story of the dime,nothing else matters' was the continuing vacuous attitude from some.
Since the dime story seems to be what this topic has morphed into i'll add//
During that 2 years of patronage to this place billing mistakes were made to my advantage on several occasions,i could have walked and taken advantage of their error,but instead i brought their attention to the errors as i dont like cheating people out of their money,these mistakes were much larger than a dime.
Also as the server is behind a cash and the lazy newspaper delivery guy just tosses the morning papers to the front door i usually brought 2 bundles of newspapers in for the sales clerk on a regular basis, just being helpful and neighborly to a business in my community staffed by people who live in the same community..

Old 01-28-2015, 02:12 PM

8,778 posts, read 16,981,673 times
Quote:
see that green marker beside my user name?
If you generate good discussion you also might get one..

No, i will not get one. And i'm sure many other posters that generate "good discussion" won't either. You are assuming that everyone enters their name in these contests. I can assure you that many do not enter. I'm not wealthy, but i'm certainly not poor. I've read plenty of posts on C-D over the years that appeared to come from posters who are scraping by. I can afford $2.10 for a coffee in the morning, so why not let others not as fortunate have better odds at winning $500. Winning $500, while nice, isn't going to have a meaningful impact for me.

BTW...........How much are you paying for coffee at the new store?

Old 01-28-2015, 04:33 PM

12,304 posts, read 11,052,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratford, Ct. Resident View Post

BTW...........How much are you paying for coffee at the new store?
Excellent question! I was wondering if there was a price difference for the coffee or the gas.

Old 01-29-2015, 02:04 PM

13,054 posts, read 7,925,463 times
Quote:
IMO letting me slide for a day on the dime would have impacted no one and is the type of thing you do for your regular customers
Its a gas station just about everyone is a regular there. Everyone who drives a car frequents the gas station. Most people go to the one that is most convenient to where they live, so they get their gas from the same station week after week. Fountain drinks and coffee are cheap at gas stations, so a lot of people also get something to drink either when they fill up their car or they stop by on their way to work/school/wherever because its cheap and convenient. Sorry, but they don't look at you like you're a special unique snowflake for going to the same gas station week after week. Hundreds of others also go to that same gas station regularly.

I've been going to the same gas station for the past four years. I get gas about once a week and usually get a fountain soda, iced tea or coffee a few times a week as well. I even voted for them to be able to build an updated store. What a great customer I am... And I'm sure there are hundreds of other great customers just like me that frequent the same location.

Old 01-29-2015, 06:14 PM

11,605 posts, read 20,763,655 times
I just get gas at gas stations

Old 01-29-2015, 06:18 PM

2,080 posts, read 3,132,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
I just get gas at gas stations
You can avoid that by not eating the burritos they keep under the warmer.

Old 02-10-2015, 09:11 PM

8,778 posts, read 16,981,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Everyone who drives a car frequents the gas station.
Tesla? Nissan Leaf?

Old 02-10-2015, 11:35 PM

13,054 posts, read 7,925,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratford, Ct. Resident View Post
Tesla? Nissan Leaf?
No one who drives a Tesla or Nissan Leaf even stops for a fountain drink or coffee at the gas station? Doubtful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products