U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2014, 07:37 AM

21,540 posts, read 24,664,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyePorcupine View Post
I see a simple solution:

Fix up a large coffee and charge for a medium. Write a note for the supervisor and carry on with your day.

Boom!
fyi

Many of the franchises or corporate owned ones count cups, so if one is even thrown away it has to be accounted for. Also what you stated is a fireable offence as it's seen as theft. Thus only a Manager may make that decision.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2014, 07:39 AM

4,929 posts, read 4,212,052 times
You did not have ANY extra change anywhere in your pockets, your car, or gym bag? Really?

You may want to consider that for future purchases, no matter where you choose to spend your money. It's always a good idea to have extra money tucked away.

Old 12-03-2014, 11:11 AM

35,115 posts, read 42,534,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachSalsa View Post
You did not have ANY extra change anywhere in your pockets, your car, or gym bag? Really?

You may want to consider that for future purchases, no matter where you choose to spend your money. It's always a good idea to have extra money tucked away.

I was in gymn shorts with no pockets, sure my wallet with credit cards was outside in the car, which i could have gone out to and probably found several dimes under the seat or i could have driven to my bank and taken money out of the ATM.but at this point it was about more than the dime it was about the realization my longterm patronage at this place was being viewed as worthless.
My new morning convenience store seems quite friendly. I relayed the story as to why i'm his new customer and he assured me that such an occurrence will never happen in his store.

Old 12-03-2014, 12:08 PM

1,455 posts, read 3,688,532 times
I agree with the o.p. 100%. I'd stop shopping there.

Old 12-03-2014, 01:06 PM

12,304 posts, read 11,049,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
To clarify.
This person is the night manager and i've been talking to him on a first name basis every weekday for the best part of 2 years.If he cant figure out how to temporarily slide a dime through the system for a regular customer he doesnt deserve me continuing to be a regular customer.
And? You're not friends. His drawer still has to proof at the end of his shift. If he let 10 people slide Monday morning because the price changed over the weekend, his drawer would be $1.00 short. In many places, he would be fired for that. Every little move he makes is on video. He can't hiccup without it being known. Maybe there are corporate policies you don't know about. It's not his job to make sure you have your morning coffee! It's your job to have the money to pay for it! You've seriously put waaaaaaay too much thought into a freaking cup of coffee and a dime!

Old 12-03-2014, 02:22 PM

8,776 posts, read 9,925,358 times
Quote:
The coffee is made behind the counter, like the way MacDonalds does it, i'm not sure what he did with the large cup of coffee,he just returned to the counter with a small cup. I would imagine he tossed the large coffee.
Well, that would be stupid. Just pour one cup into another and then get rid of the surplus.

Old 12-03-2014, 02:24 PM

8,776 posts, read 9,925,358 times
Quote:
To clarify.
This person is the night manager and i've been talking to him on a first name basis every weekday for the best part of 2 years.If he cant figure out how to temporarily slide a dime through the system for a regular customer he doesnt deserve me continuing to be a regular customer.
I think you are making waaaay too much out of this. Don't go there anymore if that's how you really feel but I think it's just silly.

Old 12-03-2014, 03:13 PM

35,115 posts, read 42,534,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss20ts View Post
And? You're not friends. His drawer still has to proof at the end of his shift. If he let 10 people slide Monday morning because the price changed over the weekend, his drawer would be $1.00 short. In many places, he would be fired for that. Every little move he makes is on video. He can't hiccup without it being known. Maybe there are corporate policies you don't know about. It's not his job to make sure you have your morning coffee! It's your job to have the money to pay for it! You've seriously put waaaaaaay too much thought into a freaking cup of coffee and a dime!
\

IMO it was this store that put the excessive importance on a dime, doesnt seem to be an issue across the street.

Old 12-03-2014, 03:41 PM

2,080 posts, read 3,131,584 times
You have certainly spent more than a dimes worth of time on this thread whining.

Old 12-03-2014, 04:52 PM

19,107 posts, read 19,968,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keim View Post
You have certainly spent more than a dimes worth of time on this thread whining.
Make that a dimes worth of whine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products