U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2015, 01:34 AM

13,639 posts, read 6,959,108 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Nope. At the two Targets closest to me, it's that way every single time.
That would seem very odd if true. I really can't see any retailer refunding $100 for a black Friday item bought for $50 just because the item is $100 when returned to the store. They'd lose so much money that way. I can, however, see them refunding less based on a reduced current price.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2017, 03:19 AM

1 posts, read 352 times
So can anyone tell me can you return items to Walmart with an expired ID?

Old 09-27-2017, 06:42 AM

8,959 posts, read 19,796,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamalovesyouwillow28 View Post
So can anyone tell me can you return items to Walmart with an expired ID?
If they just look at it, you might be ok. If they swipe it or scan it, it will come up as expired and they don't have to accept it.

You can call and ask the store, renew your ID and return the item when it comes in or you can have a friend go with you and use their ID. However, I believe Wal Mart now tracks all returns using your ID and storing it in their system.

Old 09-30-2017, 11:13 PM

181 posts, read 222,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harlowvart View Post
My mother in law volunteers for a food pantry - the largest/only grocery store in town stopped donating because people were getting food at the food pantry and then trying to return it to the grocery store
Wow, that's sooo sad.

I too am poor & the odd time got food from a food pantry & it NEVER crossed my mind to do this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
We were in a store behind a customer and the customer service person the guy that he had used up his 3 returns for the month. He was returning all small items, deodorant and personal care items. She told us that he does this all the time. He had a couple of things that he couldn't return and she actually said "Would you like to take them out in a bag this time." Worse yet, she told us that one church gives low income children a set of sweats and a pack of underwear at Christmas. She said after Christmas, they get a lot of no receipt returns and the adults usually go straight to the cigarette counter with the cash they get back. I suspect that many of the toys and other "goods" given by charitable organizations are probably returned also.
I HATE EVIL CORPS, but this is just plain WRONG!!!

But based on what I'm learning now about crony capitalism & how it's ruined our society, it makes sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or