U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2015, 04:39 PM

19,111 posts, read 19,970,850 times

Advertisements

[quote=kokonutty;38176440]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZDesertBrat View Post

I assume these things because you and some other customer service people here spend a lot of time complaining about those customers.
You know whats happens when you assume I hope.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2015, 05:23 PM

3,970 posts, read 2,357,873 times
[quote=kokonutty;38184957]
Quote:
Customers can be superb jerkoffs but my operating theory as a worker and manager was always "they can be obnoxious, but they can't be abusive."
Actually, they can be abusive these days. To employees that are waiting on them and other customers. Never would've believed it 20 years ago but it's a lot more common now.

Old 01-26-2015, 06:09 PM

7,453 posts, read 4,135,308 times
[quote=WouldLoveTo;38186186]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonutty View Post

Actually, they can be abusive these days. To employees that are waiting on them and other customers. Never would've believed it 20 years ago but it's a lot more common now.
I will not permit abusive behavior. If your management does, why would you continue to work there?

Old 01-26-2015, 06:21 PM

3,970 posts, read 2,357,873 times
[quote=kokonutty;38186851]
Quote:
Originally Posted by WouldLoveTo View Post

I will not permit abusive behavior. If your management does, why would you continue to work there?
Only one other employee saw it, and he was staying well out of harms way. I won't wait on the guy ever again. I don't work on the retail side anymore, mostly because of this.

Old 01-26-2015, 10:08 PM

11,121 posts, read 14,796,603 times
Mgt is often not aware of the abusive behavior until after the fact. Retail has changed a LOT over the last five, maybe ten, years or so. In the last few years alone we have filed more NO trespass notices against customers than I have ever seen filed in the prior twenty years. People seem to be a lot more, angry, rude, or just plain desperate and somehow doing things like reducing a pregnant employee to tears gives those type of jerks some sick sort of satisfaction.

Old 01-27-2015, 10:10 AM

8,776 posts, read 9,926,914 times
[quote=motormaker;38185494]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonutty View Post

You know whats happens when you assume I hope.
I don't like that this guys quotes are showing up as mine. What's up with that anyway?

Old 01-27-2015, 10:14 AM

[quote=kokonutty;38184957]
Quote:

You're barking up the wrong tree, ma'am. I've done just about everything out there, probably for longer than you have, but I always understood that without those customers there was no job. Sure, I might b*tch to some coworkers about the customers but I wouldn't be complaining to strangers on a message board. I was always able to leave the customer service job in my locker when I left work - not something that can be done with other lines of work I've done. Customers can be superb jerkoffs but my operating theory as a worker and manager was always "they can be obnoxious, but they can't be abusive."

I also notice in another post you said "I mean, we are after all, uneducated creatures who can't get a 'better job'...or something." and three minutes later "working in retail you have to have a thick skin and a good sense of humor or you're lost."
Nobody said the first part but you, perhaps your skin is not as thick as you'd like to believe.
Well, good for you! All I can say is that you don't understand were I'm coming from and I really don't care but you're doing a lot of assuming.

The part about "uneducated creatures" is what I often see ONLINE from people who just don't like retail workers...or something. They say we aren't 'smart' enough to do anything else so why should customers expect more from us? That's another thing we laugh about.

I DO have a thick skin but YOU don't understand the things that make me laugh, I guess. In any event, I'm, done here.

Old 01-27-2015, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
Mgt is often not aware of the abusive behavior until after the fact. Retail has changed a LOT over the last five, maybe ten, years or so. In the last few years alone we have filed more NO trespass notices against customers than I have ever seen filed in the prior twenty years. People seem to be a lot more, angry, rude, or just plain desperate and somehow doing things like reducing a pregnant employee to tears gives those type of jerks some sick sort of satisfaction.
Most of the time management never hears about things like that at all. We use our own judgment and that generally means ignoring it and getting on with what we have to do.

Old 01-27-2015, 01:35 PM

13,054 posts, read 7,925,463 times
Quote:
I don't like that this guys quotes are showing up as mine. What's up with that anyway?
There is an extra opening quote command that people aren't bothering to delete.

Old 01-27-2015, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
There is an extra opening quote command that people aren't bothering to delete.
Ahhhh, okay. I hadn't noticed. Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or