Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2015, 04:54 PM

1,875 posts, read 1,326,076 times

Advertisements

yes, its not about patience.. its 100% about common courtesy to those behind you in line.

Despite what you may think YOU are not the only person in the world and thus it does not revolve around you

common courtesy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2015, 04:55 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,129,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eqttrdr View Post
yes, its not about patience.. its 100% about common courtesy to those behind you in line.

Despite what you may think YOU are not the only person in the world and thus it does not revolve around you

common courtesy
What does the world revolve around?

Old 01-10-2015, 05:15 PM

15,143 posts, read 27,769,264 times
I agree it's annoying when behind someone who AFTER the bill is rung up realizes they have to pay for it!! (there's an old thread on this somewhere - and THEN decides to start looking for a wallet, etc. - I do stand up for myself when the coupon won't scan and cashier hands it back - NO.... it's not my problem, it's the stores' - haven't used a check in-store for many yrs. but when I did, it was made out completely except for the amount.

Old 01-10-2015, 05:21 PM

1,594 posts, read 3,574,565 times
If I see an old person heading toward a line I sneak in front so i don't have to wait for them to write a check for 13 cents.

Another rule is that if someone is getting in the security line at the airport and they don't know what they're doing -- (like putting a bag in a tray, or trying to walk through a metal detector wearing Mr. T necklaces) I do something like say "Hey, is that Jennifer Lawrence"? then cut in front of them when they turn.

Old 01-10-2015, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargobound View Post
It’s not only this, but people who stop at the exit to sort themselves out, look at their receipt, find keys need a firm boot to the butt to the point of leaving a waffle mark.

Get out of my way.
The worst is tourists who get to the top or bottom of an escalator, then stop.

Old 01-10-2015, 05:28 PM

Another pet peeve is people who get to the from of the line at a fast food joint, then start to discuss and decide what they want. And want to discuss it with other people in their party. When the person says "Next guest" you have no right to (1) discuss the transaction with anyone else or (2) ask a question.

All you have a right to say is "Quarter-Pounder with Cheese, please."

Old 01-10-2015, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqttrdr View Post

common courtesy

Old 01-10-2015, 05:59 PM

7,077 posts, read 8,937,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shyguylh View Post
2) They count out a huge amount of change for paying so they get none back. Why is it such a big deal to get change back vs all of it being bills? So what if your item is $5.62 and you get $4.38 in change back from your $10? Is it really going to kill you that much? Sitting there painfully and slowly counting out 62c so you get back an even $5 is not worth the time it takes holding up other people.

Thoughts?
You need to work as a cashier sometimes only then will you get it.

62c is not a large amount of change, if they have it ready it takes no more time than the cashier giving 38c back and takes a lot less time than having the cashier shut down to get singles or a roll of change. I won't ever complain when someone comes through my line and does this, I need the coins and $1s more than a $5.

And if you have a check, my register can fill it out for you, it also transfers the funds electronically so you get your check back anyway.

Old 01-10-2015, 06:31 PM

1,330 posts, read 1,539,144 times
I'll transact my business as I please, the same way you do.
If it takes too long for you, too f*^&in' bad. Breathe.

Old 01-10-2015, 06:31 PM

6,575 posts, read 4,966,508 times
I'm with you!

One poster mentioned those that have to fill out their check register while in line. How about those who use duplicate checks and still fill out the register?? You have a receipt AND the duplicate check - sheesh. Move out of the way.

I once got stuck behind someone at lunchtime who though it was cute to let her infant pay. Not ONE person in the long line behind her thought it was cute.

About the bad credit cards - A few weeks ago I got stuck behind someone whose card wouldn't read at the checkout. He was young and said he hadn't done it before. His finally went through and he left. I get through line and now mine won't go through so I figure it's the store. A week later mine fails again at a different store. I know not everyone has multiple cards, but I have a business so I pulled that card out and used it instead of holding up the line. I put in for a new card right away. As a cashier I can't stand when someone hands me a tattered card that I have to run through manually. It costs the vendor more to do that and the people wonder why prices go up. There's no excuse for having a card that won't read.

I honestly giggle at a lot of stuff I see, but other stuff is so stupid and/or self centered that I just want to smack someone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products