U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-07-2015, 08:24 PM
 
4,749 posts, read 5,588,836 times
Reputation: 2329

Advertisements

First, the familiar "Do you have anything perishable, fragile, liquid, explosive or potentially hazardous, blah, blah?""---after years of having the USPS employees practicing their recitation and speaking ability, now they finally learned they could use a keypad asking the customer to enter yes/no--still, as if someone would press "Yes"??

Second, when you go USPS online to calculate postage, the first thing displayed is the most costing Express 1-day delivery, prompting EVERYONE to have to click on the drop display to see other alternatives, with the least expensive listed at the bottom as an obscure and unnamed "Other options". As if everyone sending a 3 ounce toy wants to pay $45 for a 1-day delivery?? Huhhh??!!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-07-2015, 08:34 PM
 
Location: southwestern PA
20,419 posts, read 38,426,572 times
Reputation: 39085
My local postmaster is pretty smart!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-07-2015, 08:55 PM
 
48,516 posts, read 85,085,792 times
Reputation: 18083
Not that I have seen. I mean look at there tracking of packages and delivery times. I had a friend who worked for them and he said they in recent years hired more unemployable people. He sad he liked to get out of sorting area has soon as possible because some were in his words; "really crazy".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-07-2015, 10:06 PM
 
587 posts, read 729,458 times
Reputation: 807
I agree. I need some stamps so went online to order them. They charge for shipping!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-08-2015, 06:29 AM
 
10,752 posts, read 18,003,358 times
Reputation: 10244
Quote:
Originally Posted by harlowvart View Post
I agree. I need some stamps so went online to order them. They charge for shipping!!
The horror! Imagine, someone charging a shipping charge to pay for transporting a purchase from one place to another. I hope other online stores don't start doing this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-10-2015, 12:54 AM
 
24,503 posts, read 35,961,779 times
Reputation: 12847
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHDave View Post
The horror! Imagine, someone charging a shipping charge to pay for transporting a purchase from one place to another. I hope other online stores don't start doing this.
To be fair, USPS ships most things for free.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-10-2015, 02:24 AM
 
Location: Scott County, Tennessee/by way of Detroit
3,330 posts, read 2,187,119 times
Reputation: 10278
It's been hit or miss with me and USPS...I mailed cookies priority in the $12.95 box or whatever it was.. Medium size...on a Friday...tracking date said it would be there Monday..according to tracking it never updated and sat in Knoxville for a whole week.....finally getting to Detroit 8 days later....I mailed a book, same area, book rate, got there in 4 days as expected...

This past Wednesday, I mailed a book to my son in California....book rate...projected date was this coming Wednesday.... He got it yesterday.... 2 days....so the heavy book cost $3.95 for 2 days and a tin of cookies was almost $13 for priority which wasn't quicker...I am mailing 3rd class from now on...probably get there overnight..... Very odd....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-10-2015, 06:39 PM
 
Location: Upstate NY 🇺🇸
36,770 posts, read 11,097,084 times
Reputation: 35118
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssww View Post
First, the familiar "Do you have anything perishable, fragile, liquid, explosive or potentially hazardous, blah, blah?""---after years of having the USPS employees practicing their recitation and speaking ability, now they finally learned they could use a keypad asking the customer to enter yes/no--still, as if someone would press "Yes"??

Second, when you go USPS online to calculate postage, the first thing displayed is the most costing Express 1-day delivery, prompting EVERYONE to have to click on the drop display to see other alternatives, with the least expensive listed at the bottom as an obscure and unnamed "Other options". As if everyone sending a 3 ounce toy wants to pay $45 for a 1-day delivery?? Huhhh??!!


What a sour, mean-spirited observation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-11-2015, 11:06 PM
 
4,749 posts, read 5,588,836 times
Reputation: 2329
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
What a sour, mean-spirited observation.
How?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-13-2015, 12:11 AM
 
28 posts, read 20,980 times
Reputation: 36
There there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:18 AM.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top