U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2015, 12:52 PM

975 posts, read 1,389,310 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovely person View Post
I can not be more sure that it is the cause..It even had a weird taste
Lesson #2: If food tastes off, don't keep eating it.

Lesson #3: If food tastes off, don't feed any to your child.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2015, 01:03 PM

2,576 posts, read 2,576,746 times
What would I do?
Post here, perhaps, instead of the Pittsburgh forum.

Old 02-26-2015, 01:05 PM

97 posts, read 86,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kippy View Post

thanks for your reply...I am obsessed with cleaning hands couple of times during the day so I'm sure i have no issues with that.. but good advices to keep in mind the pecans was roasted and i have it tasted that before so i was telling myself may be thats normal..
thanks again

Old 02-26-2015, 01:12 PM

932 posts, read 1,439,675 times
I think a $15 gift card is pretty generous. Usually companies will just replace the food item with the same food item. So I'd be happy to get a gift card that I could use on anything from Walmart as opposed to the funky food item you probably don't feel like eating anymore due to your bad experience.

Old 02-26-2015, 01:40 PM

781 posts, read 434,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovely person View Post
hi everyone..
two weeks ago I ordered some stuff online from Walmart...one of these was pecans which my child and I ate that day and afterwards I felt really bad and my stomach hurt bad,,my 2 year old child was also fussy and crying..I immediately doubted the pecans since it was the only out of routine thing I ate that day and yes it was expired a month an a half ago..my child fortunately could throw it up and felt better and I started to get better the next day (i don't know why I did not go to a doctor though)..Anyway, I contacted Walmart and to my surprise they offered to give me a gift card with 15 dollars as a compensation???seriously??is that enough for the damage they caused???...
Now i want to know if you were me, what would you do?? I really feel very upset..
What exactly did it say on the package? Some packages say "expires", some say "sell by" and some say "best buy". "Best Buy" is a recommended date for best quality. "Sell by" means the product sill has a shelf life after it is purchased. I really doubt there was anything in the nuts that caused you to feel bad that would not have been in the same nuts in a fresher package. I think Wal-Mart did the right thing.

Old 02-26-2015, 01:46 PM

598 posts, read 621,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enough_Already View Post
What exactly did it say on the package? Some packages say "expires", some say "sell by" and some say "best buy". "Best Buy" is a recommended date for best quality. "Sell by" means the product sill has a shelf life after it is purchased. I really doubt there was anything in the nuts that caused you to feel bad that would not have been in the same nuts in a fresher package. I think Wal-Mart did the right thing.
Those packages that say "best buy" typically contain electronics and DVDs and the only way to get a poisoning is by watching an episode of the jerry springer show.

Otherwise, I agree that walmart did the right thing here.

Old 02-26-2015, 02:21 PM

130 posts, read 164,809 times
What are your damages?

You did not go to the doctor, so you are not out anything there?

Did being sick cause you to miss work, or some other provable income opportunity?

Where is your proof that it was the nuts?

It looks like they are more than willing to compensate you fro the expired product. Maybe if you pushed the subject you could get a bit bigger in store credit.

You would need to sue I think to try and get any kind of cash settlement. But without damages or proof that is a tough case. Also a stomach ache and throwing up I doubt are enough for some kind of pain and suffering claim.

If you feel the $15 is not enough for you, complain, but take whatever they give you during that conversation. Any more time put into it I don't think is worth while.

Old 02-26-2015, 03:11 PM
gg

18,393 posts, read 18,731,560 times
Take the $15 and move on as others have stated. The world isn't perfect. Goodness, check the dates wherever you shop. Things can get overlooked. People only human you know.

Old 02-26-2015, 04:03 PM

2,006 posts, read 1,938,004 times
A month and a half past the expiration date nuts do not become unsafe to eat. Expiration dates on most foods are about best flavor or freshness. Nuts can be stored for easily 6 months to a year past their sell by/best by dates. They just don't taste as good since they are old. How many pecans did you eat? there are a few nasty bugs flying around that could just as easily be the cause of your discomfort. I would say Walmart was generous with you on this.

Old 02-26-2015, 04:13 PM

9,526 posts, read 5,752,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kippy View Post

Word!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or