Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2015, 08:22 AM

19,126 posts, read 25,331,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Wraps with grilled chicken, lettuce, tomato and cucumber are pretty good and the only thing I'll eat from McDonalds.

That is my usual order at McD's, but I did recently try one of the new Sirloin Burgers, and I have to say that it was pretty good.
Not as good as...let's say...a burger from Five Guys, but good nevertheless.

But, do you know what makes their food taste really good?
When I contemplate the 504% gain that my McDonald's shares have accumulated in the 21 years that I have owned them, their food tastes much better.

Then, when I add in the very nice dividend that I receive from them quarterly, McDonald's food tastes absolutely...scrumptious!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2015, 08:27 AM

16,548 posts, read 19,698,509 times
Would be nice to believe that, eh BK_Nurse? I think the biggest reason MCD's is hurting is increased competition. Just in the last 6-9 years we have had stores move in to my area that we never had before.
Chipotle, Piada, Chick Fil A, a couple local places, and more...
There are 3 times the options for food around here as there used to be.

Old 05-19-2015, 08:29 AM

10,926 posts, read 21,997,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bk_nurse2014 View Post
No clue! I also find it gross.

But their sales are actually declining so I think people are at least considering what they put in their body.

McDonald's sales decline yet again, despite first turnaround efforts - Fortune
My point exactly.

"simplifying a menu that had grown cluttered and was slowing down service" So they think that it's too many choices and not the quality of those choices that's the problem

Old 05-19-2015, 08:35 AM

4,288 posts, read 2,059,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
How can people consume what's served at McDonald's?

Open mouth, insert food, masticate and swallow.
Excellent except I would add enjoy as the final step.

Old 05-19-2015, 08:36 AM

187 posts, read 195,242 times
The key to a fully successful turnaround for Mc Donalds is to stop attempting to be everything to everyone.

Stop attempting to cater to the crowd that whines about how awful your food is concerning nutritional value but will never eat it despite what you have or will attempt to do in order to win them over.

Streamline the menu. Hamburgers, cheeseburgers, chicken sandwich's, Filet O Fish, nuggets, fries.
No wraps, no complex coffee drinks, no salads, just basic burger fare!!!!

Source the best beef, best vegetables and the best bread for your price point and sell it with integrity and pride.

Watch sales rise due to increased satisfaction by the demographic that you traditionally catered to. Faster and more efficient drive thru service due to a streamlined menu equals less mistakes and happier customers and that equals increased sales volume.

So far Mc Donalds you still haven't figured it out.

Old 05-19-2015, 08:39 AM

4,288 posts, read 2,059,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bk_nurse2014 View Post
No clue! I also find it gross.

But their sales are actually declining so I think people are at least considering what they put in their body.

McDonald's sales decline yet again, despite first turnaround efforts - Fortune
I believe sales are declining more because of increasing competition than people considering what to put in their body. Although there are a few supposedly healthy alternatives that are taking some of the market.

Old 05-19-2015, 08:41 AM

2,033 posts, read 1,680,294 times
I stick with the filet of fish sandwich, with a side of ice water from the fountain tap. And a baked apple pie. I don't touch the rest of it.

Old 05-19-2015, 08:48 AM

10,926 posts, read 21,997,495 times
I don't see the menu as their problem. Quality and presentation is their bigger issue. Take a look at a bigmac in an advert, then look at a real one, all flat and squished. Granted everyone embellishes a bit, but McD's look far less appetizing than say BK or Wendy's.

Old 05-19-2015, 09:22 AM

25 posts, read 31,141 times
I absolutely love McDonalds.

Very affordable and convenient. Otherwise my diet is very healthy and I'm always exercising via outdoor activity so the overall health concerns to bother me too much.

tastes great!

Old 05-19-2015, 09:24 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,412,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
Last week I ate at McDonald's for the first time in 15 years...what an awful experience.

The chocolate shake was far to syrupy -- made we want to go home immediately and rinse with Listerine. Each fry tasted as though it was covered with 2000mg of sodium -- they should call them salt sticks with a hint of starch. The Big Mac's bread tasted like cardboard.

How is it this company is still in business?

A few days after this awful experience I had a similar meal at a different fast food establishment, and for a dollar or so more, got something that was 20 times more palatable.

I'll take a Big Mac with Super Sized fries please!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products