U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2015, 01:54 PM

3,124 posts, read 2,135,053 times

Advertisements

It's amusing what some people think is "healthy."

Like all of the food bloggers who judge parents who give their kids Goldfish crackers but who post recipes all over Pinterest for "Fudgy Butterfinger and Snickers German Chocolate Pie With Brownie Crust and Cheesecake Layer."

But...all the ingredients came from Whole Foods!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2015, 03:46 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,301 posts, read 12,381,936 times
I like McDonalds. I like all the other fastfood places too, and the sit-down restaurants. I enjoy my own home cooking.

I like all food!

Except maybe for unseasoned skinless boneless chicken breast baked at a high temperature.

Old 05-19-2015, 04:31 PM

3,451 posts, read 3,721,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bk_nurse2014 View Post
No clue! I also find it gross.

But their sales are actually declining so I think people are at least considering what they put in their body.

McDonald's sales decline yet again, despite first turnaround efforts - Fortune
Figures b(urger)k(ing)_nurse would say something negative about McDs. lol.

I will say this about McDs though, they do have the Coke recipe down. It's the only time I can drink Coca Cola. Beyond that, their food is the worst of all national chain burger joints.

Old 05-19-2015, 04:50 PM

625 posts, read 484,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
Last week I ate at McDonald's for the first time in 15 years...what an awful experience.

The chocolate shake was far to syrupy -- made we want to go home immediately and rinse with Listerine. Each fry tasted as though it was covered with 2000mg of sodium -- they should call them salt sticks with a hint of starch. The Big Mac's bread tasted like cardboard.

How is it this company is still in business?

A few days after this awful experience I had a similar meal at a different fast food establishment, and for a dollar or so more, got something that was 20 times more palatable.

It is appalling. But it is what a lot of America eats = cheap food, FAST.

Old 05-19-2015, 04:56 PM

2,322 posts, read 1,828,121 times
the occasional bad experience does`nt ruin a place for me .. i use McDonald's 3 to 4 times a week .. mostly for breakfast ...

Old 05-19-2015, 04:56 PM

2,639 posts, read 5,280,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapruder View Post
The key to a fully successful turnaround for Mc Donalds is to stop attempting to be everything to everyone.
Agree, and I have stated the same in the past. Stop trying to make everyone happy, it never works for any business. You have to stay true to your own model.

It's why Apple retained the success it gained after failing, and why they continue to push product.

Quote:
Stop attempting to cater to the crowd that whines about how awful your food is concerning nutritional value but will never eat it despite what you have or will attempt to do in order to win them over.
Agree, and I would submit: if Alamo Drafthouse had the money and were to buy out McDonalds, we'd see them basically take a middle finger approach to the haters.

Quote:
Streamline the menu. Hamburgers, cheeseburgers, chicken sandwich's, Filet O Fish, nuggets, fries.
No wraps, no complex coffee drinks, no salads, just basic burger fare!!!!
Agree EXCEPT - You forgot breakfast. Breakfast is the only thing they excel at over others, at least in terms of general taste. Taco Bell can't compete, BK can't compete. Jack can only compete with the Ultimate Breakfast Sandwich and the Breakfast Platter; everything else is meh at best. Wendy's doesn't bother. Chick-Fil-A's breakfast is subpar, ironically.

Quote:
Source the best beef, best vegetables and the best bread for your price point and sell it with integrity and pride.
I don't think this matters. Too many people will complain that McDonalds isn't showing how the cows are mistreated, how they're not grassfed, how the grain is sprayed with something mysterious (water), how the lettuce looks like it got sprayed wth something (water), etc. It'll never end.

Quote:
Watch sales rise due to increased satisfaction by the demographic that you traditionally catered to. Faster and more efficient drive thru service due to a streamlined menu equals less mistakes and happier customers and that equals increased sales volume.
They could do this by just enacting a policy that the McCafe drinks (except plain coffee) are not to be served in the drive-thru; you have to walk inside if you want your frilly drink.

But then their sales would tank due to lazy people.

Old 05-19-2015, 05:04 PM

11,555 posts, read 8,802,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
Last week I ate at McDonald's for the first time in 15 years...what an awful experience.
It wasn't 15 years for me but it's been years, for sure. Until last night.
<-- as close to a barfing smiley as I can get.

Old 05-19-2015, 05:23 PM
Status: "Absolute power corrupts absolutely." (set 20 hours ago)

15,512 posts, read 8,981,603 times
I cannot believe we have yet another McDonald's bashing thread going. Who wins the hate thread count, Walmart or Mickey Ds? Any takers?

Old 05-19-2015, 05:37 PM

2,986 posts, read 3,387,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
Would be nice to believe that, eh BK_Nurse? I think the biggest reason MCD's is hurting is increased competition. Just in the last 6-9 years we have had stores move in to my area that we never had before.
Chipotle, Piada, Chick Fil A, a couple local places, and more...
There are 3 times the options for food around here as there used to be.
Exactly. When you consider that there is a finite amount of money that the public will spend on fast food, increased competition results in a poorer market share for the established companies. A few years ago, we only had McD's, Burger King, Wendy's and Harvey's out here. No we have 5 Guys, Carl's Jr, Hero Burger and a host of "craft burger" places that are all taking a piece of McD's market share.

Old 05-19-2015, 05:44 PM

9,879 posts, read 15,244,397 times
One in a hole somebody asks me, "Are you going to EAT that?" My standard reply is, "Anybody who would share a canteen cup with a Cambodian mercenary would eat that." It usually ends the conversation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or