U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2015, 06:06 PM

6,618 posts, read 3,627,680 times

Advertisements

I choose not to eat at any fast food chain for one simple reason - processed. I eat processed foods at times but try to limit the best I can. But the fast food chains IMO is just garbage, period.

Some will say if you just think of your daily intake of fat, calories, etc. that you can fit a McDonalds meal into a days diet. But I would choose a hunk of 70%+ dark chocolate before consuming a burger or fries from McDonalds (or Burger King, etc). And I don't ever use an excuse of being in a rush and it's the only thing - plenty of alternatives.

Just my personal choice and opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2015, 06:50 PM

8,776 posts, read 9,930,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Wraps with grilled chicken, lettuce, tomato and cucumber are pretty good and the only thing I'll eat from McDonalds.
I do like their wraps but lately I've been getting cold and chewy tortillas. Not so good. I ate the filling and it was good. I make those here at home fairly often too but I heat my tortillas.

Old 05-19-2015, 06:51 PM

11,562 posts, read 8,805,997 times
I had the Arby's chicken salad on whole grain and it was shockingly delicious! I mean I'm NOT an Arby's person. I do like their curly fries usually.

Old 05-19-2015, 07:03 PM

131 posts, read 105,468 times
McDonalds is eh to me. I will eat it once in a while.

Now why eat at McDonalds when there is Five Guys

Old 05-19-2015, 08:00 PM

457 posts, read 521,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
Last week I ate at McDonald's for the first time in 15 years...what an awful experience.

The chocolate shake was far to syrupy -- made we want to go home immediately and rinse with Listerine. Each fry tasted as though it was covered with 2000mg of sodium -- they should call them salt sticks with a hint of starch. The Big Mac's bread tasted like cardboard.

How is it this company is still in business?

A few days after this awful experience I had a similar meal at a different fast food establishment, and for a dollar or so more, got something that was 20 times more palatable.

They may only HAVE a dollar for a hamburger. Ever think of that one?!?!

Old 05-19-2015, 10:02 PM

12,415 posts, read 18,374,126 times
I never understood people eating at places they find gross. Very strange.

Old 05-19-2015, 10:04 PM

12,415 posts, read 18,374,126 times
Now, living in Chicago, why would I eat at McDonalds at all?
I know, Happymeals! Kids only care about the toy.

Old 05-20-2015, 12:19 AM

862 posts, read 797,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theatergypsy View Post
The original mcdonald's menu:

Hamburger, Cheeseburger, Shakes, Fries, Coke, Root Beer, Coffee, Orange Drink, Milk.

They should stick with that.

I agree but even if McDonald's does go back to doing just that unfortunately it may not mean success for them. Many years ago when Rally's pulled out of my hometown closing their two locations the owner of our local McDonald's franchise had bought the former Rally's buildings and converted them to McDonald's Classic ( or something like that ) and offered a very restricted menu pretty much like what you had listed only they did offer Big Macs and Filet-O-Fish and looking back I don't think they had served breakfast. I know that they did not offer McNuggets, chicken sandwiches, Quarter Pounders, salads, wraps and nor did they offer ice cream either other than shakes. They were gone within a few years and this was even before so many other chains had started to open up multiple locations in my hometown much less the chains that hadn't yet arrived either. Perhaps the time back then just wasn't right for this sort of thing but who knows.

Old 05-20-2015, 12:22 AM

4,621 posts, read 2,999,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
Last week I ate at McDonald's for the first time in 15 years...what an awful experience.

The chocolate shake was far to syrupy -- made we want to go home immediately and rinse with Listerine. Each fry tasted as though it was covered with 2000mg of sodium -- they should call them salt sticks with a hint of starch. The Big Mac's bread tasted like cardboard.

How is it this company is still in business?

A few days after this awful experience I had a similar meal at a different fast food establishment, and for a dollar or so more, got something that was 20 times more palatable.

It's all personal perspective and tastes. To one person, adding a bit of butter feels rich. To another, adding half a stick of butter to a dish is normal to them.

Case in point... somebody had guests from Shanghai over. Offered them a donut. All of the guests, even their 2 kids more or less unanimously took a bite, spit it out, and exclaimed just how sweet it was! To many Americans, the eat one like bread. No big deal.

For the topic on hand, I only go there when they have coupons, deals, or new stuff to try out. Like a Big Mac for $2.5. Filet O Fishes on sale for $1.80 during Lent. They had new pastry items to try out too which went for about $1.5 each. Tasty, but one of them gave me an upset stomach. The sirloin burger was actually $1 more than their old Angus burgers back around 3 to 4 years ago? but otherwise, the same varieties (mushroom swiss, American, and with bacon)

I can actually stomach this "swill", but do admit that much of the time, I feel "less whole" when doing so. Ironically enough, it was good in where last time I tried out the sirloin burger, it compelled me to go out, buy fresh vegetables, defrost the frozen ground turkey, and make my own meal from scratch. Paired that with whole grain bread.

Old 05-20-2015, 12:52 AM

40,074 posts, read 48,974,742 times
Hey you people are making me hungry. There's a Wal-Mart across the street with a McD's inside, I think I'll go get a burger and some TP. That'd be a minus 2'fer huh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or