U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2015, 04:24 AM

4,422 posts, read 5,558,763 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo_Bills View Post
McDonalds is eh to me. I will eat it once in a while.

Now why eat at McDonalds when there is Five Guys
we dont have a 5 guys, thats why
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2015, 06:57 AM

4,914 posts, read 3,071,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
Last week I ate at McDonald's for the first time in 15 years...what an awful experience.

The chocolate shake was far to syrupy -- made we want to go home immediately and rinse with Listerine. Each fry tasted as though it was covered with 2000mg of sodium -- they should call them salt sticks with a hint of starch. The Big Mac's bread tasted like cardboard.

How is it this company is still in business?

A few days after this awful experience I had a similar meal at a different fast food establishment, and for a dollar or so more, got something that was 20 times more palatable.

Did you finish the shake? You at least tasted every fry.

Old 05-20-2015, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo_Bills View Post
McDonalds is eh to me. I will eat it once in a while.

Now why eat at McDonalds when there is Five Guys
I like Five Guys but it is expensive and is totally different from McDonald's. There are now other burger places that rival Five Guys and I am now starting to see the "cool factor" backlash against Five Guys similar to McDonald's on a smaller scale.

BTW I have been eating at Five Guys for over 20 years and it was a good option but there are other places that have not franchised in the area that are just as good to me.

Old 05-20-2015, 08:06 AM

6,231 posts, read 5,513,844 times
25 years ago when I was growing up in New Jersey I recall my parents taking me to Roy Rogers. I thought it was better than Mickey D's, but that was 25 years ago and I don't think they're still around. There is a good local Italian restaurant a few blocks from me that makes amazing hamburgers that are quite large. With a side of fries it's about the same price as Mickey D's.

Old 05-20-2015, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by s1alker View Post
25 years ago when I was growing up in New Jersey I recall my parents taking me to Roy Rogers. I thought it was better than Mickey D's, but that was 25 years ago and I don't think they're still around. There is a good local Italian restaurant a few blocks from me that makes amazing hamburgers that are quite large. With a side of fries it's about the same price as Mickey D's.
Roy Rogers are still around and I think making a slight comeback. I remember them because I thought they had the best fried chicken.

Old 05-20-2015, 10:15 AM

14,174 posts, read 23,609,196 times
Crap food packed in trash bags prepared by teenagers. Now THERE'S a meal for you!

I think people eat there because it's cheap, they don't know any better, and they don't know much about nutrition.

Old 05-20-2015, 10:19 AM

32,836 posts, read 60,956,060 times
How can you eat what you eat?

Old 05-20-2015, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
Crap food packed in trash bags prepared by teenagers. Now THERE'S a meal for you!

I think people eat there because it's cheap, they don't know any better, and they don't know much about nutrition.
I think that despite what you think that a large part, if not a majority, of the worlds food is consumed like this. It is only vanity and self indulgence that make people think that they are better than someone else because of what they do and do not eat.

Old 05-20-2015, 12:11 PM

3,460 posts, read 1,914,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
Last week I ate at McDonald's for the first time in 15 years...what an awful experience.

The chocolate shake was far to syrupy -- made we want to go home immediately and rinse with Listerine. Each fry tasted as though it was covered with 2000mg of sodium -- they should call them salt sticks with a hint of starch. The Big Mac's bread tasted like cardboard.

How is it this company is still in business?

A few days after this awful experience I had a similar meal at a different fast food establishment, and for a dollar or so more, got something that was 20 times more palatable.

Burger King, Wendy's, Taco Bell, Pizza Hut, Quisnos, Subway, Two Guy's, Hardees, Chic Fila, Carl's, Arby's, KFC, Sonic. Did I miss any? If you don't like McD's, there are plenty to choose from, if your concerned with the nutritional content, don't eat at any of them.

Old 05-20-2015, 12:29 PM

4,422 posts, read 5,558,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
I cannot believe we have yet another McDonald's bashing thread going. Who wins the hate thread count, Walmart or Mickey Ds? Any takers?
"People with body modifications and tattoos that eat at the McDonald's inside of Walmarts" just may be the ultimate hate thread
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or