Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2015, 10:44 PM

756 posts, read 833,468 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
Last week I ate at McDonald's for the first time in 15 years...what an awful experience.

The chocolate shake was far to syrupy -- made we want to go home immediately and rinse with Listerine. Each fry tasted as though it was covered with 2000mg of sodium -- they should call them salt sticks with a hint of starch. The Big Mac's bread tasted like cardboard.

How is it this company is still in business?

A few days after this awful experience I had a similar meal at a different fast food establishment, and for a dollar or so more, got something that was 20 times more palatable.

Last time I ate there, I enjoy the McChicken, grilled chicken wraps, crispy chicken wraps, almost any salad, and french fries.

I am not exactly sure if any of that is actual food.

And I have not been there in a while. I don't know if I will go back lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2015, 05:12 AM

386 posts, read 365,837 times
... don't eat at McDonalds too often, but living outside the States for several years occasionally I'm fond of the Golden Arches. It may not be too nutritious and some offerings may not taste too great, but oh the familiarity every several months. Upon returning home soon, less likely I'll visit Ronald too frequently.

Old 05-21-2015, 05:20 AM

187 posts, read 195,094 times
And another thing here; Why why why has the media attempted to compare Mc Donalds to Chipotle when it comes to a preference in food??

They are two separate types of food. Oh I understand the part about fresh vs a perception of ""processed "" but what I don't get is the fact that Chipotle is Mexican fare and cannot be compared to a restaurant that has it's main focus being burgers and fries.

A fair comparison would be Chipotle and Taco Bell.

I've eaten at Chipotle twice. The second time was one time too many as my nephew wanted to go.

I found the food palatable but not memorable. The ingredients were on the ""light"" side and the price for what your getting was borderline absurd.

My wife and I go and enjoy a good steak each month at a local high end steakhouse. We enjoy eating out and are willing and do spend money on quality but as once or twice a week restaurant, Chipotle doesn't make the cut and I love Mexican food.

If you live for trends, enjoy being a hipster and enjoy using free WiFi on your Apple product then Chipotle, despite it's lack of taste would be in your top five locations in which to frequent.

I get it, see and be seen right???

Meanwhile this 48 year old will sit once or twice a month at his local Mc Donalds enjoying a Big Mac and a large fry.

Old 05-21-2015, 05:29 AM

5,162 posts, read 4,483,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapruder View Post
And another thing here; Why why why has the media attempted to compare Mc Donalds to Chipotle when it comes to a preference in food??
Chipotle used to be a susidiary of McDonald's and McDonald's at one time held a majority of the voting power of Chipotle's stock. People compare the contrast in free range this and the other marketing points of Chipotle and wonder why McDonald's does not do this.

Old 05-21-2015, 07:15 AM

29 posts, read 36,197 times
Default McDonalds

Breakfast with an Egg White McMuffin, Oatmeal and a coffee is not bad at all. Stay away from the "Big Breakfast" as it is very high in Calories. (most likely fat and salt also).

Old 05-21-2015, 07:20 AM

756 posts, read 833,468 times
Talking I Forgot Some:

Quote:
Originally Posted by In_Correct View Post
Last time I ate there, I enjoy the McChicken, grilled chicken wraps, crispy chicken wraps, almost any salad, and french fries.

I am not exactly sure if any of that is actual food.

And I have not been there in a while. I don't know if I will go back lol.
I knew I hadn't been in a while a while. I completely forgot about the baked pies.

Old 05-21-2015, 09:26 AM

12,858 posts, read 16,862,536 times
I worked at McDonald's in the late 60's early 70's. Gosh the food was good, and that new Big Mac, HUGE! I haven't eaten there in over 5 years because the food is so nasty now. That and the nearest McDonald's is over an hour away.

Old 05-21-2015, 09:38 AM

2,432 posts, read 2,689,105 times
Each experience is different as it varies by location. I could have pretty decent food at one then bad at another. Theyre not consistent. About the fries, so good when done right but sometimes they are hard dark and nasty. Other times fresh and yea sometimes over or under salted.

I think there drinks are fantastic including milk shakes. You probably got someone who didnt do it right, again it varies time to time. I dont eat anything else other then drinks or fries there so cannot comment on other times.

My dad hates it to, hasnt been there in many mnay years.

Old 05-21-2015, 10:39 AM

6,288 posts, read 11,774,262 times
About once every couple weeks I go into McD and get a cheesburger and fries. I like it. I think it tastes good. But I wouldn't do it more frequently than that.

Old 05-21-2015, 12:18 PM

4,530 posts, read 8,861,262 times
Mcd's McChicken sandwich with a small fries off their dollar menu is pretty darn good when you are in a hurry and it costs less than $3.00. Best of all is the few week period when they offer a second McRib for a buck when you get the value meal. The only problem with their McRib is it is too messy to eat if you have nice clothes. If they offered bibs with them they would be better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products