U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2015, 01:27 PM

549 posts, read 448,144 times

Advertisements

I was in need of a few clothing staples the other day, just basics such as camis, etc. I actually had a few coupons for Kohls but I looked at them and thought, "Nah." I used to LOVE Kohls, could find tons of cute apparel and housewares items. But lately I've been not having luck. Online, if I actually see something I like it's always sold out in my size. Or its not on sale, and of course paying full price at Kohls is nonsense. I think the biggest issue is that apparel wise I've fallen into a "donut hole" gap of sorts, where Juniors items are too young and/or too cheaply made, yet the Misses (if it's called that?) Section feels very matronly and not my style at all. It's been awhile since I've bought anything but I did like a few pieces from Lauren Conrad collection and I've found lovely formal styles online. Otherwise it's just a black hole for me at 29.

Hopefully I can some decent alternatives, there are online retailers I love but no necessarily for basics.

Anyone else have a change of heart for a once-adored retailer?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2015, 01:44 PM

5,927 posts, read 4,695,811 times
I can't stand Walmart anymore

Old 05-25-2015, 02:39 PM

15,017 posts, read 12,214,713 times
J.C. Penney's is driving me nuts. I always liked the store. But now find that I waste too much time making any purchase. They did not simplify any checkout procedures. Try paying cash at their catalog order counter - they do not accept cash; you have to buy a gift card to pay cash (that's stupid). Why make it easy and why not make several sales in the time that it takes to make one?

Then you always have the customers in front of you at the regular sales windows that want the deal offered online. One of these customers can hold up the line for a long time while we wait for the manager to come out.

I still like the store - I just think that they will not last long the way they are going. I know that it is frustrating and other stores facilitate their customers better.

Old 05-25-2015, 04:15 PM

20,419 posts, read 38,439,064 times
Chico's... most everything is sheer, thin and/or flimsy.

Old 05-25-2015, 04:18 PM

39,907 posts, read 57,741,604 times
What about stores that I loved but they ... disappear??

Actually I don't care anymore, because I do 90% of my shopping online. Better selection and price comparison.
World, Europe, Texas, Corpus Christi, El Paso, Lubbock, Tyler, Houston, San Antonio, Tallahassee,
Minnesota, Fish, Home Interior Design and Decorating, Science and Technology Forums

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search
Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 05-25-2015, 07:18 PM

11,615 posts, read 20,774,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
What about stores that I loved but they ... disappear??

Actually I don't care anymore, because I do 90% of my shopping online. Better selection and price comparison.
There's a thread on that - but can't recall what it's called so I can't find it.

Old 05-25-2015, 07:21 PM

48,516 posts, read 85,104,801 times
I love going to the old big Sears and Roebuck before Christmas when a kid.

Old 05-25-2015, 07:40 PM

8,265 posts, read 18,719,452 times
Monkey Wards .....

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 05-26-2015, 07:50 AM

2,326 posts, read 1,931,947 times
JC Pennys, just never find anything there.

I love kohls but struggle to find 1. The right fit 2. The right price. 3. What im even looking for. I normally have coupons and can usually get a good deal though depending on what it is. My favorite place to shop right now is probably Target.

Old 05-26-2015, 02:12 PM

19,129 posts, read 19,978,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy thereader View Post
Monkey Wards .....
I miss them too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or