U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2015, 02:29 PM

520 posts, read 423,589 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
I have prime. But even their two day shipping is not second day delivery often. I have seen total take many more days to even ship .Its based on their estimate of what will take two business days once shipped. The best thing is you get faster once shipped ;you save on local searching and get generally a good price. Like always if you can wait then you do not need it and will save on shipping by ordering 35 dollars plus. But those ordesr if you have experience get second priority in getting shipped as to be expected with free and no prime.A search of their site will state just that on free shipping with 35+.I am good with prime to day at 100 dollars a year. Next day would be much more expensive.
Are you absolutely sure youre filtering products properly by the Prime flag? I have almost never gotten a Prime Package late. In 5 years. Infact its so good, Amazon changed their verbiage recently I noticed to guaranteed date. Theres something wrong going on with your acct, I would call customer service and ask about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2015, 02:45 PM

6,235 posts, read 6,116,095 times
Amazon is getting terrible, prices for prime items now just rolling shipping into the price. 2 day shipping isn't 2 days more often than not the Lasership company they use is ALWAYS late. Movies that are included are VERY limited and mostly old stuff no one is interested in watching. I won't be renewing!

Old 06-02-2015, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by froglipz View Post
Amazon is getting terrible, prices for prime items now just rolling shipping into the price. 2 day shipping isn't 2 days more often than not the Lasership company they use is ALWAYS late. Movies that are included are VERY limited and mostly old stuff no one is interested in watching. I won't be renewing!
Seriously? This is the second person saying this. Is this a geographic thing? Im really curious. It gives me a guaranteed date on all my prime shipments and the only reason they would ever be late is when they use USPS and the mailman decides not to deliver it. FEDEX and UPS always leave it at the door. Im in Seattle though, not sure if that makes a difference being the corporate headquarters town, but I wouldnt think so.

Old 06-02-2015, 02:54 PM

20,419 posts, read 38,439,064 times
Same here, Chris.
And, if there IS a problem (it happened twice this past Christmas) and the shipment is a day late, I get a $1 credit.

I have no complaints with Prime!

Old 06-02-2015, 03:05 PM

Hah glad its not just me. Im a compulsive primer and will wake up in good spirits and a new buying idea and order things in the morning just because I know itll get to me the day after tomorrow :-P

Old 06-03-2015, 01:43 AM

2 posts, read 1,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
I am a prime member and use it frequently. Sometimes I can get things on the same day. I also watch prime videos and listen to music.
good info
http://bestasrwalls.cf/109/o.png

Old 06-03-2015, 04:04 PM

21,796 posts, read 12,476,749 times
I don't mind paying the $100 for the current 2 day Prime. Although as noted, it's not 2 days a lot of the time, it's usually 3 and more if there's a weekend or holiday in there. But it's still faster than most other companies I've ordered online from. And they are great about replacing stolen items or things that were not as ordered, plus the return policy is good.

I don't think I'd be willing to pay much more for a 1 day shipping program, but it would depend on just how much more they were charging for it.

Old 06-03-2015, 06:29 PM

1,057 posts, read 527,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatwomanofV View Post
Same here. For someone who buys only once or twice it is not worth it. But, I buy several times a month. I haven't used the music or the movies-but the free shipping.

Cat

check out prime music. Its just like Pandora but no ads and unlimited skips. Its a great feature of prime.

Old 06-03-2015, 11:05 PM

384 posts, read 460,772 times
What stops me from buying from Amazon is the Add On items. U need $25 minimum to buy these items even you have Prime

Old 06-04-2015, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veritasveritas View Post
What stops me from buying from Amazon is the Add On items. U need $25 minimum to buy these items even you have Prime
I will second this. I love Prime and I can remember before they added the stupid Prime Add on Items category. Its usually smaller sizes of products and I cant be bothered in getting them. So basically I just avoid Prime Add On items and buy only regular Prime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or