Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2015, 11:51 AM

5,839 posts, read 5,245,745 times

Advertisements

My husband & I have been selling on eBay for years now. However, they are basically "Greed Bay." They keep raising their fees. Plus, eBay ALWAYS sides with the buyer in disputes and sellers can't even give buyers negative feedback. None of the complaints are new. In fact, I'm sure almost every seller on eBay has the same complaints.

So, we are looking for a new venue. Several years ago, we tried for a bit on a now defunct site. We did manage to sell ONE item there but we went back to eBay. We are looking again. We have been thinking about eBids, Webstore, & Bonanza (2 of those I haven't heard of until this week). I am wondering about traffic at those sites. I know there is Etsy that gets quite a bit of traffic but I don't think our merchandise fits the site. We sell a lot of vintage items from toys to antique silverplate, etc.

My question is, does anyone shop and/or sell that these or other sites or is eBay the only one?

Cat
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2015, 06:23 AM

1,872 posts, read 3,401,656 times
Well, despite the fees and the dispute issues, ebay still gives me the most bang for my buck. When the fees rise, I simply raise my prices. A few cents or even a dollar doesn't seem to have made any difference in my sales. I don't really have a problem with dispute issues. I take returns if they want to send it back, and I'll refund their money. No hassles.

I do sell on other venues as well. On Etsy, I sell vintage items. Etsy is not all handmade items, they do have vintage categories that might fit your merchandise.

I also sell on Amazon, mostly media, but I am testing home decor > art and am encouraged. A few sellers in my Facebook group do sell vintage/used on Amazon (pottery and glass) but that's not my area and I don't have any first hand knowledge.

I did eBids, Bonanza, and eCrater but got nowhere fast. Waste of my time. Although I have heard of people doing fine on Bonanza - it probably depends on what you sell.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products