U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2015, 04:47 PM

6,618 posts, read 3,627,680 times

Advertisements

At 55, I've had lots of customer service experience. Some great, some good, some poor, some awful. But today, IMO, was almost comical to me. I just wonder why someone would be so unprofessional. Maybe they had a psychotic break.

I have been taking my cars to a local service shop for at least the past 15 years. I have always been happy with the cars leaving the shop and believe they do excellent work. I've probably spent close to $50k on tires/brakes/repairs in my 2 car family (had one car I kept on fixing when I shouldn't and cost me $5k in less than a year before I got rid of it and cut my losses.

My daughter drove her Mini Cooper back from NY today to visit. She still has snow tires on and being in the Army she hasn't had a chance to come visit in months, and I stored her regular tires for her. She goes to "my place" this morning (I couldn't go with her as I had a meeting). After a few calls while she was there, she finally calls me back angry saying they were rude to her and she left. Two of her rims are seriously damaged and probably a safety issue, but time was short and couldn't find rims. I don't know the whole story, but that isn't the issue (or comedy if you will).

This afternoon I receive a text from either the father or son (I believe it was the son). First is two pictures of the bad rims. Then this tirade (remember, I wasn't there - just my 29 year old daughter who gets stressed and doesn't know cars), and I quote:

"Is this the way you treat people that try to help you with nasty f*cking attitude waste my time diagnosing safety issues that are of great concern. Honestly I'm sick & tired of bending over backwards trying to fix things that you let other people f*ck up & I don't say anything then you bust my balls for trying to do the right thing. Seems like your a very unhappy family & don't realize my heart & sole. I have completely deleted you pain in the asses from my data base".

For one, not sure how I busted balls as I wasn't there. Someone in NY did a lousy temp fix on the rims a few months ago. Other than that, I've been a loyal customer.

I actually chuckled at this. So me the Dad gets blasted for something when I had no idea what was going on to begin with. My daughter is grown up, and she was the customer, not me. Oh well, I always say in general people suck. Yet another example. And now I have to find another repair shop.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2015, 07:38 PM

614 posts, read 1,062,743 times
Maybe find out the whole story first then post it so we can make a sound opinion.

Old 05-29-2015, 07:41 PM

6,618 posts, read 3,627,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcatheart View Post
Maybe find out the whole story first then post it so we can make a sound opinion.
Pretty hard to re-iterate 15+ years of going to this shop and entrusting all of my vehicles to them.

And I think you are missing the point. I wasn't there and am not the customer in this case, just the father. They have an issue with my daughter, deal with her. Why would I deserve anything on this as I have nothing else to tell.

Let me repeat - I wasn't there. All I did was send my daughter to them. If you think that's enough to illicit the text I got, so be it. And again, I don't care. I just laughed and will find another shop.

Old 05-29-2015, 07:50 PM

614 posts, read 1,062,743 times
What if your daughter threw out the 'I'm so and so's daughter, he sent me here'. That's just the same as you going in there yourself. Again, I'm not saying cause I don't know so that's why I said find out the whole story. For a store to ban a customer, there has to be some serious problems.

And you stated, you've been going there for 15+ years so they must have been doing something right.

Old 05-30-2015, 05:27 AM

20,543 posts, read 20,523,898 times
Sounds like the daughter may have ruined your relationship with this garage.
It's a pretty safe bet that she'll say she was very polite and understanding

Old 05-31-2015, 02:57 AM

10,430 posts, read 10,211,464 times
Here's a local radio host sharing experiences he had recently with customer service:

John's thoughts from the Shower Bench! | John and Ken on KFI AM 640

Old 06-03-2015, 09:04 AM

1,562 posts, read 1,165,015 times
With the information you've given, it's hard to justify them sending you that text. I think you owe them the benefit of the doubt though, and should go talk to them personally and find out what really happened. It's quite possible that one of their employees got a hold of their phone and sent you that text. This just doesn't sound right. The wording is quite over the top, and not exactly reflective of someone who does excellent work and has had a successful business for 15+ years.

Old 06-04-2015, 08:08 AM

4,881 posts, read 4,967,472 times
Exitus, thanks for that link. I understand John's frustrations. There should be meetup groups for customers - not only would
it be cathartic but humorous as well.

Last edited by baileyvpotter; 06-04-2015 at 08:10 AM.. Reason: edit
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products