U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2015, 05:56 PM

35,124 posts, read 42,565,059 times

Advertisements

I'm new to this Amazon buying ,its a big site and i have much to learn.
Thanks all..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2015, 04:29 AM

4,325 posts, read 8,345,226 times
amazon is absolutely amazing. I agree with everyone else...customer service is the best I have ever seen.

When in doubt read the TOS.

Old 06-19-2015, 10:14 PM

19,680 posts, read 21,236,348 times
I ordered a pack of eight microfiber towels from Amazon, and the package arrived with only seven towels inside. I reported it to Amazon. I received ANOTHER pack of towels (containing eight) in 36 hours. So I got fifteen for the price of eight.

Now THAT is customer service.

Old 06-19-2015, 11:43 PM

25,906 posts, read 36,925,877 times
Another happy Amazon customer here. We have Prime (totally worth it). We must have a hub right around here, because our shipments will sometimes arrive the following day, even if I buy it in the afternoon. Once I bought something on a Saturday and it arrived on Sunday. They have customer service by chat too, which is great.

Old 06-29-2015, 01:02 PM

73,272 posts, read 85,467,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Been waiting 2 months for an inexpensive item to be delivered, still not here even though its been listed as shipped for the last 3 weeks.
Ordered a similar item from another seller for a total of $14 after placing the order i noticed it was $87 after shipping charges. Is there a rip off going on with shipping charges?
The product in question=
http://www.smkw.com/large/knife/SS20679.jpg
Have you talked to Amazon about this? I have been ordering on line from them for ages, try to only get things that are Prime so we pay no shipping. We have never had a problem with mailing and never been really disappointed in anything we have purchased, At least if mildly disappointed it isn't with them but maybe the actual product. Even that is rare.

Old 06-29-2015, 01:26 PM

58,698 posts, read 41,976,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
I ordered a pack of eight microfiber towels from Amazon, and the package arrived with only seven towels inside. I reported it to Amazon. I received ANOTHER pack of towels (containing eight) in 36 hours. So I got fifteen for the price of eight.

Now THAT is customer service.
Their return policies are also hard to beat. I'd ordered a digital angle finder from them which worked great, only problem there was no off switch, it was supposed to shut off automatically, it didn't. Since I liked the piece and wanted to replace it they overnighted a new one to me at no charge and then sent a call tag to return the defective one.

I agree , their customer service is among the best.

Old 07-02-2015, 10:55 PM

149 posts, read 221,880 times
I agree, Amazon is great and their customer service is awesome.

The only BIG issue I have with them is that it's easy for some people to be taken advantage of by bad 3rd party sellers. My aunt has been totally ripped off several times.

A few examples:
She bought a Lite Brite for her grandkids and because of how she searched for it, a 3rd party seller came up instead of "sold by Amazon". The seller charged something like $17 for the Lite Brite and $18 for s/h for a total of $35. Amazon sold it for $17 + free shipping, and it was in stock.
This past Christmas, she bought a set of LED lights from a 3rd party seller for around $7 and they charged her something like $28 for s/h. It was a small lightweight box, so the s/h should've been no more than $5.

I keep telling her to pay attention to what she's doing but I don't know what her problem is. I think she thinks that because she has Prime, that everything has free shipping.

I can see where a lot of people would make those same mistakes because they either don't know better or aren't paying attention.

Old 07-07-2015, 08:46 AM

2,014 posts, read 1,281,240 times
I've been 100% satisfied with Amazon. I'm Prime which really helps with the shipping and as long as something comes directly from Amazon I usually get it the next day. It has made a whole lot of difference in the way I shop.

Old 07-07-2015, 09:06 AM

277 posts, read 284,301 times
BTW, I just saw an Amazon Prime commercial on TV.

They were advertising a special one day SALES event "even better than Black Friday". 7/15

So here's the thing: DH has been looking at getting me a notepad on Amazon for $199.
He's checked in a few times over the last three weeks. Same price.

Once the TV sale campaign began the notepad jumped in price to $259.
No doubt the sale is rigged. Beware of gimmicks.

Old 07-07-2015, 09:56 AM

2,502 posts, read 1,598,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mej1 View Post
I agree, Amazon is great and their customer service is awesome.

The only BIG issue I have with them is that it's easy for some people to be taken advantage of by bad 3rd party sellers. My aunt has been totally ripped off several times.

A few examples:
She bought a Lite Brite for her grandkids and because of how she searched for it, a 3rd party seller came up instead of "sold by Amazon". The seller charged something like $17 for the Lite Brite and $18 for s/h for a total of $35. Amazon sold it for $17 + free shipping, and it was in stock.
This past Christmas, she bought a set of LED lights from a 3rd party seller for around $7 and they charged her something like $28 for s/h. It was a small lightweight box, so the s/h should've been no more than $5.

I keep telling her to pay attention to what she's doing but I don't know what her problem is. I think she thinks that because she has Prime, that everything has free shipping.

I can see where a lot of people would make those same mistakes because they either don't know better or aren't paying attention.
I never buy anything from Amazon that's sold by an 3rd party seller in which you have to pay shipping; I just buy items that are shipped/sold directly by them. I typically wait until the order is over $35 (or whatever the amount is) to quality for free shipping - I don't have Amazon Prime, as I don't order from them that much.

I do agree that, as with a lot of things, if you don't pay attention there's a good chance you will get ripped off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or