Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2015, 12:19 PM

6,230 posts, read 6,923,078 times

Advertisements

I went to Subway today after a long hiatus. It appears to me that the only sandwiches that have any real fillings are the $7-8 ones. Even the $6 half sub with the drink and snacks comes out to $7 something with sales tax. And they don't have the seafood sensation sub anymore. That was the most filling $5 footlong available when Subway still had that deal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2015, 07:21 PM

17,534 posts, read 39,126,512 times
Subway is expensive and very poor quality. I haven't eaten there in several years. Lots of better choices for the same price including my fabulous local grocery store (subs).

Old 06-22-2015, 10:16 AM

12,970 posts, read 9,654,415 times
The local Georgio's Pizza makes pretty good subs as well, especially the house special subs.

Old 06-24-2015, 01:12 AM

5,511 posts, read 4,475,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaylahc View Post
Subway's biggest problem is how stingy they are with their fillings. You are eating a sandwich that is mostly bread, with a couple of half slices of cheese and half slices of lunch meat. It really doesn't take a genius to figure out why they're struggling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinbrookNine View Post
They did something with the bread. Bread is 85% of a sub. Horrible stuff. I'm out of there.
I knew a guy who would order double meat on a 6" since the bread in a 12" was simply too much. I told him you could get a foot long back when they were $5, and just strip out the bread, while keeping the extra portion of veggies and meat, but he just preferred it his way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayrandom View Post
Natural chemicals aren't all good and synthetic or added chemicals aren't all bad. I suspect that's some on which we fundamentally disagree. Even then, calling something guilty by association is totally misleading. Water is used in almost every toxic process but that does t make it unsafe.

Why I'm Not Worried About Yoga Mat Chemicals in My Food*|*Monica Reinagel, MS, LDN, CNS

Almost 500 Foods Contain The 'Yoga Mat' Compound. Should We Care? : The Salt : NPR

The Azodicarbonamide fiasco | Skeptical Science
Well, in your example with sewer water, it's not the water people are worried about. It's the other things in sewers that make it gross.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meyers View Post
They just announced they are removing all artificial ingredients. Like Panera did earlier.
I figured Panera bread was more natural than that! If nothing else, given how expensive they are

Old 06-25-2015, 04:43 PM

24,467 posts, read 25,999,509 times
In the mail yesterday we received a bunch go coupons for foot long subs for $6.00.

Old 06-25-2015, 05:33 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,020,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ackmondual View Post
I figured Panera bread was more natural than that! If nothing else, given how expensive they are
Even before, I'm sure they were a lot more natural than Subway, now they'll just be even better. I got an email today from Papa Johns about unwanted ingredients. Panera chose 89 ingredients that they have put on their "no-no" list. 35 of these ingredients are not in their food today, while the remaining 45 will be gone from their food by the end of 2016. Papa Johns says that 54 of these ingredients are not found in their food, and that by the end of 2016 they will have removed all but 10 of these ingredients (email didn't say which 10). Chipolte currently uses 9 of these ingredients and apparently has not announced any plans to remove those ingredients.

I don't know how many of theses ingredients Subway currently uses, but they have said they will be removing all artificial colors, flavors and preservatives by the end of 2016.

https://www.panerabread.com/panerabr...st-05-2015.pdf

Old 06-30-2015, 04:19 AM

3,349 posts, read 2,847,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PylesFord View Post
Do the MATH folks:

1. Its your money $, but compute what you would save over an extended period by packing your lunch at home.

2. With rising grocery costs savings is important, plus you know what is going in your lunch made at home.

3. Subway lunch experience, stand in a long line, have a 3rd world communication encounter ordering, for at one time a $5.00 foot long that was not even worth it back then.

)-:
It all depends where do live. Five bucks for two meals is not bad.

Old 06-30-2015, 06:11 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,960,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherifftruman View Post
Interesting. They advertise heavily on the radio here with some stupid commercials touting their "freaky fast delivery" taking it to the absurd.

I don't eat at Subway because it's just not that good and so many alternatives are available now (Jimmy Johns being one of them).
That's why I don't eat there either. Their sandwiches are bland and tasteless, and always have been. Even when I did eat there, the only sandwich I liked was the meatball sub. And when restaurants start taking out the meat and putting more and more bread in its place, thinking I won't notice, they've lost me as a customer for good.

Old 07-01-2015, 12:00 AM

5,511 posts, read 4,475,764 times
Got some coupons in the mail. $6 for a foot long? Now that's more like it! I've got enough of them for 3 to 4 subs over the course of the next month, which is about how much of it I'll be able to eat anyways.

Old 07-01-2015, 11:59 AM

658 posts, read 724,227 times
I like Jersey's Mikes 1000 times better than Subway. Just saying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products