Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2015, 03:00 PM

78,409 posts, read 60,593,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stockwiz View Post
They got rid of the $5 footlong, replaced it with $6 6 inch subs with a chips and drink and thought I wouldn't notice.

The problem is if I'm spending $5-6 already on not much food, I'm gonna spend another $2-3 to get either more quantity, or better quality. Enter Jimmy Johns or the local Chinese place, and Culvers as well.
Read my mind. I took my kids in the other night and decided not to get anything for myself as I didn't want to spend $10 on a footlong, chips & drink.

Subway is the only decent fast food near me, the rest is McD's, Taco Bell etc. garbage.

Anymore I'll get carryout from the local bar & grill instead and get better quality for the same price.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2015, 03:06 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,385,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
You should open one!
Initial Investment - Cousins Franchise Process | Cousins Subs

I haven't been to one, but they have some in Arizona so you would think they would open in CA too.
That's an idea, something to ponder.

There used to be two in Tucson, but no more. Shame.

Old 06-16-2015, 03:11 PM

12,970 posts, read 9,654,415 times
Here we have Sub Station II, Jersey Mike's, Quiznos, and Firehouse Subs all in competition with the local Subways. I been going more to the Firehouse Subs lately.

Old 06-16-2015, 03:16 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,454,917 times
I did see a lot of Firehouse Subs in Florida...looks like they started in Jacksonville so that makes sense.

In L.A ...I haven't seen any but it looks like they've opened in the suburbs of L.A , maybe some of these franchises view the more metro parts of the city as too competitive. I guess that does make sense.

I'm willing to try any new place though. There are some good local /deli sub places in L.A....but not really a ton of them.

If a place could open with subway prices, but better quality they could do well I would think.

Old 06-16-2015, 03:22 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,454,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
Where I live they are hopelessly outpriced, outnumbered and outqualitied (if there is such a word) by Vietnamese Banh Mi....yummmmm......not a franchise in sight.
In L.A area there is this chain of Banh Mi places...I had been wanting to try it , but now I'm glad I didn't

213,000 Pounds Of Meat Recalled From Banh Mi Restaurant Chain: LAist

Old 06-16-2015, 06:02 PM

1,078 posts, read 1,076,444 times
Subway falling, yet Vietnamese owned Lee's Sandwiches is thriving.

Subway needs a drive-thru. Same with Panda Express.

Old 06-16-2015, 06:43 PM

2,085 posts, read 2,140,931 times
Im completely blind to Subway after eating Which-Wich and to a lesser degree, Potbelly and Firehouse. I agree with what someone else said earlier about the lack of drive thrus at Subways....

you already are never really looking forward to eating a Subway sandwich, so they need to make it as quick and easy as possible to access their food while your mind is still willing to make the compromise. Ill gladly get out of my car and walk into a Which-Which or a Chipotle with no problem...because I know Im going to get an enjoyable, quality meal. But just the thought of walking into a Subway and having to stand there and tell them to fix you one of their bland little sandwiches and then eating it, is just dreadful.

They also need to stop "toasting" sandwiches and just go ahead and break out the panini griller already...or find a way to incorporate Sourdough somehow like Schlotzsky's does. Also, theyre in the same pickle (pun intended) that McD's in. They no longer are able to offer quick, cheap food..which was their only real strength to begin with.

At McD's youre liable to be sitting in the drive thru for 15 or 20 mins just waiting on a large drink or just for your standard cheap, artificially filled junk food. (Literally 20 mins...ive timed it). AND youre not really paying that much less after its all said and done. Same story with Subway. Youre still paying more than you should for the quality of food youre receiving.

P.S. - Also both their bacon and chicken are a joke at Subway

Old 06-16-2015, 08:23 PM

3,943 posts, read 6,374,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soletaire View Post
Im completely blind to Subway after eating Which-Wich and to a lesser degree, Potbelly and Firehouse. I agree with what someone else said earlier about the lack of drive thrus at Subways....

you already are never really looking forward to eating a Subway sandwich, so they need to make it as quick and easy as possible to access their food while your mind is still willing to make the compromise. Ill gladly get out of my car and walk into a Which-Which or a Chipotle with no problem...because I know Im going to get an enjoyable, quality meal. But just the thought of walking into a Subway and having to stand there and tell them to fix you one of their bland little sandwiches and then eating it, is just dreadful.

They also need to stop "toasting" sandwiches and just go ahead and break out the panini griller already...or find a way to incorporate Sourdough somehow like Schlotzsky's does. Also, theyre in the same pickle (pun intended) that McD's in. They no longer are able to offer quick, cheap food..which was their only real strength to begin with.

At McD's youre liable to be sitting in the drive thru for 15 or 20 mins just waiting on a large drink or just for your standard cheap, artificially filled junk food. (Literally 20 mins...ive timed it). AND youre not really paying that much less after its all said and done. Same story with Subway. Youre still paying more than you should for the quality of food youre receiving.

P.S. - Also both their bacon and chicken are a joke at Subway
Schlotzskys is my favorite sandwich shop. I love those things. Jersey Mikes might be second, but they sure are expensive. My least favorites are Quiznos and City Bites.

Old 06-16-2015, 08:49 PM

2,085 posts, read 2,140,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess5 View Post
Schlotzskys is my favorite sandwich shop. I love those things. Jersey Mikes might be second, but they sure are expensive. My least favorites are Quiznos and City Bites.
Schlotzcky's is excellent. Im ok with Quiznos...certainly better than Subway. And I had no complaints about Jersey Mikes either, except that theyre not easy to find.

Old 06-16-2015, 08:52 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
Many fast food retailers are having drops in sells; not just subway. I think its a combinations of times plus saturation of market..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products