Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2015, 10:53 AM

2,508 posts, read 2,174,100 times

Advertisements

Expecting that a package that I pay for to be delivered to my correct address isn't unreasonable at all. I paid my $%##@$ money, and I expect the package to be delivered properly!

If a company doesn't deliver a package to my correct address, they should go out of business! End of story!

Again, attitudes like yours are why customer service is so terrible these days. Incredible.

What company do you work for? It would be good for me to know this, so I won't have anything delivered from them.

Last edited by The Big Lebowski Dude; 08-18-2015 at 11:32 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2015, 12:29 PM

12,383 posts, read 8,136,596 times
Doesn't matter if I'm a Teamster UPS Driver a USPS letter carrier a non union FedEx courier x a franchise owner of FedEx Ground, Ontrac, Amazon Fresh. ...I am not perfect and won't pretend Im the Fonz and incapable of making a mistake.

You can always go to the store and pick up your own stuff. And on occasion soneone will make a mistake and leave a ding in your car. Perfection is something you will never see in this life.

Old 08-18-2015, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko View Post
Doesn't matter if I'm a Teamster UPS Driver a USPS letter carrier a non union FedEx courier x a franchise owner of FedEx Ground, Ontrac, Amazon Fresh. ...I am not perfect and won't pretend Im the Fonz and incapable of making a mistake.

You can always go to the store and pick up your own stuff. And on occasion soneone will make a mistake and leave a ding in your car. Perfection is something you will never see in this life.
If I could go into a store and buy the items I was ordering online, I wouldn't order online. The point I made in an earlier post is that I'm ordering online more these days simply because I can't find many of these items at retail stores.

Last edited by The Big Lebowski Dude; 08-18-2015 at 04:58 PM..

Old 08-18-2015, 05:41 PM

8,775 posts, read 11,901,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katie45 View Post
Our apartment complex has two streets with different names (obviously). . . however, both streets have the same street numbers and the FedEx delivery person left my package at the correct 'number', but the wrong street.

I spent hours on the phone with FedEx trying to find out where my package was located and continually was told, "We delivered your package!" Yes they did, but not to me!

At 5:30 that afternoon, someone knocked on my door and it was the tenant who lived in the apt where my pkg was left. I thanked him profusely for being so nice to take the time to bring the package to me!

I told one FedEx driver, "I heard that FedEx is merging with UPS." He knew nothing about it. So I said, "Yes, and it will be called FedUPS."
I'm surprised that doesn't happen more where I live. There are three of my street name, one street after another, but one is Street, one is Drive and one is Lane. Maybe others have a problem but I haven't...so far.

Old 08-18-2015, 05:49 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,009,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Lebowski Dude View Post
Expecting that a package that I pay for to be delivered to my correct address isn't unreasonable at all. I paid my $%##@$ money, and I expect the package to be delivered properly!
Well that escalated quickly...

And where do you work where no one (especially you) has never once made any sort of mistake?

Old 08-18-2015, 06:01 PM

Wow. There are a lot of apologists on this board who are obviously 100% O.K. with companies mis-delivering packages on a regular basis. It hasn't just been one mistake, it's happened numerous times. It's been both my packages being misdelivered to neighbors, and me receiving neighbors' packages that were mis-delivered to me.

And, this type of "mistake" is extremely preventable. How difficult is it for someone to read the address on a package before it's delivered?

This type of thing will never be O.K. to me. If I pay good money to have a package delivered to me, it should be done properly. It's not rocket science.

Old 08-18-2015, 06:02 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,009,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZDesertBrat View Post
I'm surprised that doesn't happen more where I live. There are three of my street name, one street after another, but one is Street, one is Drive and one is Lane. Maybe others have a problem but I haven't...so far.
I always wonder if my SO's parents have issues with mail and packages for this same reason. Every street in their neighborhood has a similar name. Its Blaketown, Blaketon, Blakeport, Blake terrace, Blake drive, Blakefield, Blake Moore, Blake....etc, etc, etc. I feel like whoever named the streets just gave up after coming up with one street name. The subdivision is named something like Grand Haven, so its not like Blake is even in the name of the subdivision, otherwise I would see why they went along with a certain "theme".

Old 08-19-2015, 10:20 AM

1,664 posts, read 1,915,057 times
1. Sometimes mail and packages have gotten mis-delivered to my very rural address because there was a substitute mail carrier who either was totally unfamiliar with the route and folk's names, or flat out didn't care and just wanted to get back to Post Office Central to B.S.

2. It only took a couple times of packages allegedly being delivered and placed on our side of the locked gate to disappear, before we started having everything that doesn't fit in the mailbox shipped to Mr. Norma's work.

It was DH's $100 K-N racing filter, several years back, that Was the final straw. While we can only think it was the substitute mail carrier because the snot faced kid drove a Mustang at the time, it didn't matter.

The $100 filter was stolen, I can't see the end of the drive from the house, stuff has been getting shipped to DH's workplace ever since, and nothing has come up missing or been mis-delivered for my horses or the race car

Simple/easy solution for us, mehbee not for many others.

Another option, vs bringing blood pressure to a boil, is to have the item held at the terminal for pickup. Big boxes most often come via UPS and they have terminals everywhere, including good sized towns that aren't big enough to be labeled cities.

Old 08-19-2015, 07:04 PM

1,156 posts, read 1,967,175 times
Sorry, I have no sympathy for the USPS apologists here. When I pay for my rent check to be delivered to my landlord, I damn well expect that rent check to be delivered to my landlord and not have it outright vanish into the abyss of the mail just to receive a "We are sorry for the inconvenience." "I'm sorry," doesn't pay my rent.

Old 08-19-2015, 07:32 PM

12,383 posts, read 8,136,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severs View Post
Sorry, I have no sympathy for the USPS apologists here. When I pay for my rent check to be delivered to my landlord, I damn well expect that rent check to be delivered to my landlord and not have it outright vanish into the abyss of the mail just to receive a "We are sorry for the inconvenience." "I'm sorry," doesn't pay my rent.
Well you have three options buy a higher cost service so that the error rate drops from 3% on time because that a required signature decreases the possibility of error. Spend your time to deliver something yourself. Or live with the error rate. Because as long as people remain in the mix, assuming a computer can't make a mistake and assign the wrong barcode to your piece of mail, a faulty assumption that would be. There will be errors. Perfection is impossible. Some will stick to another piece, fall into an unsealed envelope be mis addressed by the sender and so on and so on and get misdelivered or simply mis routed and caught before delivery but still late because of an initial coding error.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products