Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2015, 03:29 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,730,816 times

Advertisements

Since the beginning of the year Staples has created an ever growing amount of exclusions in their coupons. They have excluded numerous items by adding the words "regular price" to their coupons thus making sale items no longer included but also any item that has Easy Rebate or price match or instant anything excluded. They've created a long list of manufacturers items that are excluded. They've just started a dollar amount that has to be hit before a coupon is usable. They've also made it more difficult to shop in store if you have multiple coupons that cover different items in your transaction, you have to make multiple transactions in order to do so.

Thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2015, 01:08 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,266,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
Since the beginning of the year Staples has created an ever growing amount of exclusions in their coupons. They have excluded numerous items by adding the words "regular price" to their coupons thus making sale items no longer included but also any item that has Easy Rebate or price match or instant anything excluded. They've created a long list of manufacturers items that are excluded. They've just started a dollar amount that has to be hit before a coupon is usable. They've also made it more difficult to shop in store if you have multiple coupons that cover different items in your transaction, you have to make multiple transactions in order to do so.

Thoughts?
Don't shop at Staples. Problem solved!

Old 07-31-2015, 01:43 PM

22,566 posts, read 47,614,734 times
Makes me happy there are no Staples stores in my area!

I would stop going there if I were you... too many hoops to jump through.

Old 08-02-2015, 01:51 PM

8,299 posts, read 3,806,781 times
I like that Staples brought back 5% rewards on virtually all purchases. They used to have that back in their good old days but then changed the program. I welcome is back.

I remember the deals you used to be able to get at Staples way back when the site "Slickdeals" was actually useful and not the piece of crap it's turned into (over 10 years ago, wow).

Their customer service has gone downhill, that's for sure. But they also used to have OfficeDepot and OfficeMax as competitors.

They do have good pricing on computers from time to time, but their selection leaves much to be desired. I picked up a Lenovo Flex 2 laptop for my 10 year old niece a couple days ago for $89.90 after a $100 coupon. I'm supposed to get 25% back in rewards (another coupon) as well. It's an oversized netbook that's worth no more than the $89.90 I paid, but at least I get the Staples Rewards. Btw, the $100 coupon did not have a requirement for regular pricing... My Staples several of the Lenovo Flex 2 laptop on clearance (not surprised... it's too low end for even the most casual use).

Where the real of Staples is in office supplies. They have the cheapest paper around.

Last edited by TexasLawyer2000; 08-02-2015 at 02:05 PM..

Old 08-02-2015, 03:24 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,124,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasLawyer2000 View Post
I like that Staples brought back 5% rewards on virtually all purchases. They used to have that back in their good old days but then changed the program. I welcome is back.

I remember the deals you used to be able to get at Staples way back when the site "Slickdeals" was actually useful and not the piece of crap it's turned into (over 10 years ago, wow).

Their customer service has gone downhill, that's for sure. But they also used to have OfficeDepot and OfficeMax as competitors.

They do have good pricing on computers from time to time, but their selection leaves much to be desired. I picked up a Lenovo Flex 2 laptop for my 10 year old niece a couple days ago for $89.90 after a $100 coupon. I'm supposed to get 25% back in rewards (another coupon) as well. It's an oversized netbook that's worth no more than the $89.90 I paid, but at least I get the Staples Rewards. Btw, the $100 coupon did not have a requirement for regular pricing... My Staples several of the Lenovo Flex 2 laptop on clearance (not surprised... it's too low end for even the most casual use).

Where the real of Staples is in office supplies. They have the cheapest paper around.
Oh man... those were the good old days. Late 90s, early 2000s. Not just for Staples but for online shopping in general. Slickdeals was a good site... it's a piece of crap now. In some ways, slickdeals was responsible for the changes Staples made. When people would just generate coupon codes to commit fraud, something had to be done. Gone are the days when $25 off $75 and $100 off $200 coupons would frequently show up in the mail/email.

Old 08-02-2015, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasLawyer2000 View Post

The 25% excluded computers, so it's going to be the standard percentage of 2% to 5% based on yearly spending. The last (and current) $100 coupon only lists that it needs to be a Win8 computer that excluded tablets and the X205.

Old 08-02-2015, 06:23 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,124,502 times
Quote:
The 25% excluded computers, so it's going to be the standard percentage of 2% to 5% based on yearly spending. The last (and current) $100 coupon only lists that it needs to be a Win8 computer that excluded tablets and the X205.
Check your Coupon Wallet on Staples Rewards.

Quote:
Valid in Staples® U.S. stores only. No limits per day or per member. Offer valid only for original Staples Rewards® Premier recipient, and coupon must be presented at time of purchase. Not valid on prior purchases. Promotion is in lieu of standard Staples Rewards®. Maximum of one rewards promotion will be given for each item purchased. Price eligible for rewards is the amount paid at checkout after application of all promotions, coupons and rewards redemptions and does not include tax. Not valid on Fitbit® Products, Apple® products, Bose®products, Amazon Kindle®, Epson® ink and toner, HP ink and toner, custom printing orders placed online, gift cards, mobile phones and mobile phone services, Staples® EasyTech(sm) professional-grade and on-site services, depot repair and parts, phone cards or postage stamps. Must be a member of Staples Rewards Premier. Staples Rewards membership is FREE. Staples Rewards® are issued online monthly in increments of $5. Rewards expire the last day of the month following the month in which they are issued and cannot be redeemed after the expiration date. Monthly balances of less than $5 will roll over through the end of the following calendar quarter. Unissued rewards will expire at the end of the following calendar quarter unless a qualifying purchase is made during that rollover period.

Old 08-02-2015, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
Gone are the days when $25 off $75 and $100 off $200 coupons would frequently show up in the mail/email.
True... but back are the days of 5% rewards on almost all purchases. I also like the premier benefits... You get the $25/$75 and $20/60 coupons in there every now and then.

Old 08-02-2015, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
Check your Coupon Wallet on Staples Rewards.
Coupon Code 48366 or 77033

Quote:
Valid in Staples® U.S. stores only. Membership number must be supplied during purchase to receive benefits. Not valid on prior purchases or purchases made with Staples® Procurement or Convenience Cards. Limit one coupon per customer, nontransferable. Purchase a qualifying item and earn 25% back in Staples Rewards. Standard percent back in Staples Rewards will be excluded. Price eligible is amount paid at checkout after application of all promotions, coupons, instant savings and rewards redemptions and does not include tax or shipping. Not valid on desktop or laptop computers, tablets, netbooks, Amazon products, Apple®, Bose®, Canon® ink, Epson® ink and toner, JBL®, SquareTrade® warranties, Staples® EasyTech(sm), Steelcase®, Texas Instruments calculators, self-service print, computer workstation, faxing, custom photo gifts, outsourced print, gift cards, mobile phones and services, phone cards or postage stamps. Customer may only qualify for one promotion in a single transaction. Staples Rewards® are issued online monthly in increments of $5. Rewards expire the last day of the month following the month in which they are issued and cannot be redeemed after the expiration date. Monthly balances of less than $5 will roll over through the end of the following calendar quarter. Unissued Rewards will expire at the end of the following calendar quarter unless a qualifying purchase is made during that rollover period. For full program details, visit staples.com/rewards. Expires 8/1/15.

Old 08-02-2015, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Coupon Code 48366
Mine doesn't mention computers and is a 16 digit coupon code. It's from my Staples Rewards account.

EDIT: I noticed that the one you posted doesn't reference Staples Rewards Premier in the fine print while the one that NJBest posted does. Maybe different coupons for different members?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products