U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2015, 09:01 AM

10,424 posts, read 8,952,816 times

Advertisements

They speak in foreign tongues.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2015, 11:23 PM

11,163 posts, read 14,808,380 times
Try being on the other end and being required to spew out that scripted speech even though you KNOW the customer just heard the same thing during the automated portion of the call! It's beyond stupid to require employees to do that, sometimes I really don't understand corporate directives. NO it doesn't make customers more likely to remember the name of your company, at least not in a good way, lol.

Old 09-11-2015, 01:01 PM

375 posts, read 455,018 times
Another annoyance is with the bank automated system. Does anyone with a computer still use the telephone to find out their last five transactions? Every bank has an app. for your smart phone. It's all there.
One exception is American Express. I always get a live person that speaks tolerable English.

Old 09-13-2015, 09:39 PM

13,242 posts, read 15,729,778 times
I hate that Time Warner will NEVER admit that a problem is on their end/their fault. Never.

One summer my internet went out every afternoon about 3:00 and didn't come back until about 5:30. Every day I called and was told there was no outage in my area and that the problem was with my equipment and I would need to reset my modem.

I could reset my modem, reboot my computer, run all kinds of diagnostics, etc. or I could sit there and do nothing. The result was the same - after a couple of hours it would randomly start working again on its own, not related to anything I did or didn't do.

I would be less angry if Time Warner would just SAY they were having problems in the afternoon keeping people connected or whatever reason - instead of refusing to take any blame, ever.

Old 09-28-2015, 01:06 AM

133 posts, read 133,578 times
SOULFUL HOLD MUSIC...and it's always louder than you can stand!!

Old 09-29-2015, 09:12 PM

1,156 posts, read 1,669,701 times
Comcast has new tech support that I've had the "pleasure" to deal with the past few days. "Thank you for um calling er Comcast, uh how can I um help you today?" Seems like just about everyone I've spoken to in this new department is like this. Also the mics they are using are garbage and I can hear everything in the background clear enough everyone in the background. Not that I can understand a word they are saying in the background because they are speaking in another language, but still distracting to hear other people over the person I am attempting to speak to, to get my issue fixed.

Old 09-29-2015, 09:19 PM

4,696 posts, read 2,434,247 times
Ha! There's not enough space on the entire internet. In a nutshell, they are demeaning.

Old 09-29-2015, 09:21 PM

4,696 posts, read 2,434,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelogik View Post
They speak in foreign tongues.
They speak with forked tongue.

Old 09-29-2015, 09:23 PM
Status: "Absolute power corrupts absolutely." (set 1 day ago)

15,523 posts, read 8,986,536 times
Getting conflicting answers from the CSRs. They aren't trained consistently, apparently. If I call one and he/she is a complete idiot, I just hang up and call back. Usually I end up with one who knows what he/she is talking about, and I get the answers I seek. Another major annoyance are endless automated menus. "Press 1 for tech support. Press 2 for claims. Press 3 for billing. Press 352 for whatever." Blah, blah, blah. And it is always preceded by the caveat that their menu has recently changed, which necessitates the listener listen to the entire menu before making a selection. And yet another irritant is the hold recording that repeats itself every 5 seconds. Yeah, I get that I'm hold. But I don't need a computer reminding me how important my call is with each breath I take

Old 09-29-2015, 09:34 PM

1,156 posts, read 1,669,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Getting conflicting answers from the CSRs. They aren't trained consistently, apparently. My solution is when I call one who is a complete idiot, I just hang up and call back. Usually I end up with one who knows what he/she is doing, and I get the answers I seek.
I tried that when I called Comcast a few days ago and the first person seemed like an idiot with all the ums ers and uhs, next person I got did the same thing. And I wasn't even freaking out on the person, I know some people get caught off guard if someone starts going off on them, but I wasn't doing anything of the sort. Though I did end the call with a few choice words about them needing to learn to talk without all the ums so it didn't seem like they had no clue about what they were doing and then hung up on her to call back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or