U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2015, 11:32 AM

1,147 posts, read 890,049 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
The bottom line is that good quality and WalMart are not synonymous.

Since you seem set on WalMart, just get the ones that are most comfortable and call it a day.
Ditto, WaLMart does not have quality work boots. DH is on his feet all day, and does a lot of walking.

Because I don't know anything, he has tried every cheap workboot or service shoe under the sun and would come home with burning/aching feet.

He finally quietly (meaning he didn't tell me, until he came home with them) made the 40 miles drive to a good shoe store and spent some decent money on good shoes.

While we women commenting on this thread don't know anything either, just go to a good boot/shoe store and spend the money on something that will not cause future problems for your feet and will hold up longer than the box they came in
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2015, 11:38 AM

20,419 posts, read 38,439,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Normashirley View Post
While we women commenting on this thread don't know anything either, just go to a good boot/shoe store and spend the money on something that will not cause future problems for your feet and will hold up longer than the box they came in
LOL! I am a woman and I DO know about steel toe work boots!

Old 08-19-2015, 05:05 PM

1,147 posts, read 890,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
LOL! I am a woman and I DO know about steel toe work boots!
I know if you knew the times my "dumb" self has made suggestions to DH that go unheeded, UNTILLLL one of his male co-workers says the same exact thing, you'd know why I said that, lol

Old 08-19-2015, 05:09 PM

20,419 posts, read 38,439,064 times
Ahhh!!

Old 10-14-2015, 02:54 AM

40,231 posts, read 41,815,454 times
I used to buy cheap boots because the job would ruin them no matter what the brand, working on a coal truck with sulfur water is not good for leather or whatever the hell it was.

Don't do that job anymore so I don't buy them. I buy nothing but Red Wings now, I have a pair that I wore about every day for 4 years. They are still good and they weren't exactly treated with kid gloves. I have brand new pair same model and once they were a little wore in I actually have to check the bottoms to make sure which ones I'm putting on. LOL

They were $200 but well worth it, unless you are in job like I was I'd avoid the cheap ones becsue they aren't worth it. The old pair I can send back and they will redo them for $100. The only thing that is really wrong with them is the sole is worn thin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or