Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2015, 05:03 PM

4,586 posts, read 5,609,406 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
hmm try a diff store
I can't, apparently you can't return items to a different Home Depot than the one you bought from. They don't even have access to the receipts at a diff store! (So weird).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2015, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enyar View Post
Yeah you could easily sell on craigslist if the HD credit doesn't work out (which I'm kind of surprised it isnt). I like buying this kind of stuff on craigslist.
The #1 reason for which I rather not go the Craigslist route is because each time I posted there in the past I got really low balled! These are brand new unopened.

Old 08-25-2015, 05:15 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,650,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoProIP View Post
The #1 reason for which I rather not go the Craigslist route is because each time I posted there in the past I got really low balled! These are brand new unopened.
I know it's not fair but people go on CL to find bargains...if they could just go to HD for the same price they would probably prefer it...ironically because they can always return it...I would fight tooth and nail once you have the credit card statement...and if you have to take it "higher" you tell them you want a flooring expert to come inspect the floors you already installed to see poor quality and try to get the whole order refunded!!!

Old 08-25-2015, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
I know it's not fair but people go on CL to find bargains...if they could just go to HD for the same price they would probably prefer it...ironically because they can always return it...I would fight tooth and nail once you have the credit card statement...and if you have to take it "higher" you tell them you want a flooring expert to come inspect the floors you already installed to see poor quality and try to get the whole order refunded!!!
The floors are great, just not meant for kids toys! Or boys banging toys all over them!

Yes, and that's why I didn't post on CL.

I will go higher if needed, because this sucks especially since the money was going back to HD anyway for carpet.

Old 08-25-2015, 07:16 PM
KPB

1,517 posts, read 1,523,924 times
Quote:
The floors are great, just not meant for kids toys! Or boys banging toys all over them!

Yes, and that's why I didn't post on CL.

I will go higher if needed, because this sucks especially since the money was going back to HD anyway for carpet.
Keep an extra box or maybe two, it might be discontinued and need it.

Old 08-25-2015, 08:06 PM

325 posts, read 441,607 times
You just need to look at this as 'One of those Lessons in Life' and move on. Sell it for whatever you have to take not to have to stack it in the garage for later and move on.

Old 08-26-2015, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPB View Post
Keep an extra box or maybe two, it might be discontinued and need it.
Not likely; we're doing carpet and taking out the one we already put in. In this type of house, wood floors upstairs really doesn't work. It works in "theory" and "beauty" but not much else.

You know, I would take it as a "lesson" if we lived in the 60's and the technology to trace a purchase was missing. Now, not so much. Something brand new and unopened cannot be sold for nothing.

Old 08-26-2015, 06:23 AM

7,136 posts, read 12,671,921 times
Home Depot probably won't take back this flooring, even though you located the billing info, because you bought it a year ago. I know they have time limits on returns to protect themselves. From their point of view, it'll probably be impossible to get a matching dye lot at this point, so unless someone had a project exactly the same size as yours the flooring probably wouldn't resell. I think your best bet is Craigslist although I doubt anyone would pay full price for it. Do any of your friends or relatives need flooring?

Old 08-26-2015, 06:28 AM
KPB

1,517 posts, read 1,523,924 times
Quote:
Not likely; we're doing carpet and taking out the one we already put in. In this type of house, wood floors upstairs really doesn't work. It works in "theory" and "beauty" but not much else.

You know, I would take it as a "lesson" if we lived in the 60's and the technology to trace a purchase was missing. Now, not so much. Something brand new and unopened cannot be sold for nothing.
Hardwood floors are fine up stairs but bamboo isn't a hardwood, it's grass. Its softer than any hardwood so it scratches very easy.
You'll be lucky if you get $1 sq ft for unopened boxes.

Old 08-26-2015, 06:38 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,736,758 times
Quote:
Hi all....

We have 17 unopened boxes of Coffee color bamboo flooring, and I can't find my receipt. We got them last year at Home Depot on Bruce B Downs thinking we would update the upstairs, but unfortunately, they won't work upstairs because my kids and their toys have already ruined the ones we put in their rooms. We're looking to carpet the entire upstairs now and I am trying to figure out where else to try and sell these?

Obviously, they are not "Craigslist" material since they are brand new, and I am not looking to give them away or donate them. Are there contractors websites or other flooring avenues that could buy them from us?

I am not sure what to do here.

Thanks.
I don't know about the time frame that has been elapsed but other than that Home Depot is very easy to return items IF you have paid by credit card as they can track the sale back to the card and refund the same card.

If you don't have the card the rules may be different and usually they refund for the lowest sold price.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products