U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2015, 10:10 AM

4,586 posts, read 4,714,423 times

Advertisements

Hi all....

We have 17 unopened boxes of Coffee color bamboo flooring, and I can't find my receipt. We got them last year at Home Depot on Bruce B Downs thinking we would update the upstairs, but unfortunately, they won't work upstairs because my kids and their toys have already ruined the ones we put in their rooms. We're looking to carpet the entire upstairs now and I am trying to figure out where else to try and sell these?

Obviously, they are not "Craigslist" material since they are brand new, and I am not looking to give them away or donate them. Are there contractors websites or other flooring avenues that could buy them from us?

I am not sure what to do here.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2015, 10:23 AM

7,155 posts, read 3,627,634 times
Have you tried returning it to HD? If you paid via credit card, they can find the data in their system. I once returned something to HD that was bought at least 9 months before; no receipt, but they scanned the barcode and my cc and matched it and gave me the refund (credit against my Visa card).

Old 08-25-2015, 10:24 AM

367 posts, read 717,387 times
Home Depot should still take them, just tell them you don't have the receipt. You will get store credit, that's the only downside if you don't plan on shopping there again.
I had to return a lot of items to Lowes when they were way past the 90 day period, and never had an issue getting my money back. I think Home Depot is opposite and very set on the 90 days with receipt as I once tried to return a defective vanity and they wouldn't take it.

Old 08-25-2015, 10:46 AM

They won't take them back. I even dug up the card they were bought with and they still won't give me store credit. We went for that first. I actually called my bank and asked for a paper statement that lists that purchase, and I am still waiting to get it sometimes this week, but if they won't accept that either I am not sure what to do. We were going to actually have them install carpet and wanted to use that money towards that, but they've been completely unhelpful.

Old 08-25-2015, 11:23 AM

6,632 posts, read 6,970,164 times
You can sell new flooring on Craig's list...just set a fair price and stick to it...if you don't want a million calls use the email only option...but of course your best bet is having the bank find the original charge and then if the local store still refuses get names and contact corporate!!! Good luck!

Old 08-25-2015, 12:02 PM

4,516 posts, read 6,671,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
You can sell new flooring on Craig's list...just set a fair price and stick to it...if you don't want a million calls use the email only option...but of course your best bet is having the bank find the original charge and then if the local store still refuses get names and contact corporate!!! Good luck!
I agree with Irish. If the local store refuses contact corporate and see if you get at least a store credit.

It has always been my belief HD caters to contractors, Lowes caters to individuals. For all of you looking to move here keep this in mind.

Old 08-25-2015, 12:37 PM

3,313 posts, read 4,400,246 times
You might have a luck selling it on craigslist. Just estimate the area your can cover with all these and set a price.
Do you have a picture of the color and how much you want for it? I might buy it from you since we are planning to update flooring.

Old 08-25-2015, 05:23 PM

101 posts, read 83,575 times
Yeah you could easily sell on craigslist if the HD credit doesn't work out (which I'm kind of surprised it isnt). I like buying this kind of stuff on craigslist.

Old 08-25-2015, 05:56 PM

20,980 posts, read 12,604,102 times
hmm try a diff store

Old 08-25-2015, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EngGirl View Post
You might have a luck selling it on craigslist. Just estimate the area your can cover with all these and set a price.
Do you have a picture of the color and how much you want for it? I might buy it from you since we are planning to update flooring.
Yeah, I have a photo of the boxes, and each box covers 25.76 square feet!
They are sold online at HD for $59.42 per box. These are them:
Home Decorators Collection, Hand Scraped Strand Woven Walnut 3/8 in. x 4.9 in. x 72-7/8 in. Length Click Lock Bamboo Flooring (29.86 sq. ft. / case), HL272H at The Home Depot - Mobile

I was asking what we paid, same as online...they are unopened and were stored upstairs in the office.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or