U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2015, 04:46 AM

1 posts, read 878 times

Advertisements

I'm glad this is the first thread I came across. It's really making me rethink joining this forum. So much hate here, I'd hate to see what happens when you all disagree. I'll have to really think about this forum before continuing.

By the way, I had a kid cough right in my face at a store today. I'm sure that was very sanitary...You know, since someone here asked if kids spread germs...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2015, 05:01 AM

9,059 posts, read 6,392,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
Whilst shopping at Trader Joe's this afternoon, I saw somebody who was clearly not blind (no pun intended) and not experiencing PTSD, with a "service dog", shopping in the store. Such behavior is not appropriate. I do not care if somebody is sad, angry, tense, or afflicted with any other low level mental anguish -- we all have our problems and there's nothing so special about any person, with the exception of people who are blind or have been in combat, that they cannot walk about and shop in a store without their "service dog" -- the vast majority of people I've seen with service dogs were neither blind nor experiencing PTSD, and have probably been nowhere near any sort of war in the first place.

So could you people who payed a little fee for the little vest your dog wears simply knock it off (figuratively)? Like the rest of us, deal with life without the cutsie little dog, shedding its dog hair around food products. It's really uncivilized and nobody likes you people when you think you need your dog everywhere because your significant other got sick of your stuff and walked out on you or whatever exactly the little problem happens to be -- the rest of us deal with our problems and don't need a little dog with us 24 hours a day. Especially not in a grocery store. Thank you.
Couldn't agree with you more. But I would go even further....no animals in grocery stores or restaurants, period! No exceptions!!

The inevitable hostility and hysteria in reaction to your post is, of course, the explanation for the problem's growth. I'm afraid it's only going to get worse, as our culture continues its degeneration.

Old 09-27-2015, 11:05 AM

2,962 posts, read 3,911,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caligirl90 View Post
I'm glad this is the first thread I came across. It's really making me rethink joining this forum. So much hate here, I'd hate to see what happens when you all disagree. I'll have to really think about this forum before continuing.

By the way, I had a kid cough right in my face at a store today. I'm sure that was very sanitary...You know, since someone here asked if kids spread germs...
CD forums is a place where we argue to the death over many topics, usually about cities. If you wanted a place to have debates, you've found the right place.

Old 09-27-2015, 11:21 AM

2,436 posts, read 2,181,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral_Weeks View Post
^^^ Do bratty kids slobber and spread germs? You never know what's on a dog. Food and dogs are a bad combination.

But we live in a nation that suffers from a dog delusion. These days many dog owners have elevated the mangy/filthy beasts to be as important or more important than family members. As people have fewer kids and delay having kids to later in life, dogs are treated like the "new" kids. Pathetic.

The Dog Delusion – TheHumanist.com
I get you hate dogs, but they're not "mangy, filthy beasts." Relax.

Old 09-27-2015, 11:23 AM

4,585 posts, read 10,996,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
Amen

I've noticed the same thing with "service dogs" at the library where I work.
My local library has therapy dogs in as part of a children's reading program. They go through a training program and are very well behaved.

I'd rather deal with a well behaved dog than kids any day of the week.

Old 09-27-2015, 01:16 PM

6,482 posts, read 10,107,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral_Weeks View Post
^^^ Do bratty kids slobber and spread germs? You never know what's on a dog. Food and dogs are a bad combination.
Yeah, they do. Not a new thing.

Old 09-27-2015, 01:24 PM

1,284 posts, read 1,041,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
Couldn't agree with you more. But I would go even further....no animals in grocery stores or restaurants, period! No exceptions!!
I'd settle for the "libertarian solution." Let every store decide whether to permit smoking, cell phones, kids, animals, public breast-feeding, etc.

I hate ALL of the above, and would patronize stores -- and airlines -- that banned all of the above. Flying on a child-free airline would be heavenly!

I'm sure plenty of stores would remain dog-friendly, smoker-friendly, or kid-friendly.

But instead, everyone insists that it's their RIGHT to do whatever they please, and then FORCE all stores to accommodate their choices. Everyone turns to the law, and every issue becomes all-or-nothing as laws are passed forcing all stores to accommodate whichever lobby is the most powerful.

Old 09-27-2015, 01:26 PM

3,064 posts, read 5,735,809 times
Love dogs, and, in general, dogs don't poop or pee inside. People live with them in their houses and they don't die (from that).

Old 09-27-2015, 01:36 PM

9,059 posts, read 6,392,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinema Cat View Post
I'd settle for the "libertarian solution." Let every store decide whether to permit smoking, cell phones, kids, animals, public breast-feeding, etc.

I hate ALL of the above, and would patronize stores -- and airlines -- that banned all of the above. Flying on a child-free airline would be heavenly!

I'm sure plenty of stores would remain dog-friendly, smoker-friendly, or kid-friendly.

But instead, everyone insists that it's their RIGHT to do whatever they please, and then FORCE all stores to accommodate their choices. Everyone turns to the law, and every issue becomes all-or-nothing as laws are passed forcing all stores to accommodate whichever lobby is the most powerful.
Yes, indeed, the inmates have been running the asylum for years now. And this dogs everywhere nonsense is just another manifestation of that.

In this area, dogs in the office workplace is trendy and very common now. The world gets a little more nuts every day.

Old 09-27-2015, 02:17 PM

41,393 posts, read 40,873,066 times
I like dogs just fine. I would think in the interest of sanitation aka, not dropping deuces, I would think it would make sense to not allow pets of any type into a store, blind guide dogs being the exception.

I know dogs can be trained to not relieve themselves indoors, but accidents do happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products