U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2015, 11:08 AM

1,296 posts, read 1,103,706 times

Advertisements

Since people insist on carrying their pets around while they run errands (instead of taking them to the park for exercise, or on a neighborhood walk) i'm glad they bring the pets indoors. It beats them leaving the animals outside in the car in the heat. I've had to jimmy open a car window of a pit owner who decided to leave the poor animal to suffer in the car while he went to pay a traffic ticket. That pit exited the vehicle gratefully, and we sat under a shade tree drinking water while we waited on the owner to show up.

And, you'd be surprised (and shocked) about what crawls, sits, defecates on your cans, foods, fruits, etc before it hits the shelves of your local supermarket!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2015, 11:31 AM

28,069 posts, read 16,329,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkiforniainHouston View Post
Since people insist on carrying their pets around while they run errands (instead of taking them to the park for exercise, or on a neighborhood walk) i'm glad they bring the pets indoors. It beats them leaving the animals outside in the car in the heat. I've had to jimmy open a car window of a pit owner who decided to leave the poor animal to suffer in the car while he went to pay a traffic ticket. That pit exited the vehicle gratefully, and we sat under a shade tree drinking water while we waited on the owner to show up.

And, you'd be surprised (and shocked) about what crawls, sits, defecates on your cans, foods, fruits, etc before it hits the shelves of your local supermarket!!
Better yet, leave them at home or if you can't do that, just buy food online and get it delivered.

Old 10-21-2015, 07:23 PM

8,260 posts, read 15,227,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Better yet, leave them at home or if you can't do that, just buy food online and get it delivered.
Do you have any idea how expensive that would be? Not everyone lives in a city where the markets do free food delivery.

And just because I am handicapped does not mean I should be forced to stay at home.

Try for just a week living as though you were handicapped and couldn't go places.

Old 10-22-2015, 02:43 PM

99 posts, read 56,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinema Cat View Post
I agree. The concept of an "emotional support animal" is completely bogus. A lie.

Dog owners are a selfish brats. I see them violating the law all the time. In Santa Monica, dogs are supposed to be kept on leashes at all times, yet they violate this law. And the cops do nothing.

I see these selfish brats bring their dogs into Vons and Whole Foods and Starbucks. Usually these dogs are little "toy dogs," more a kind of rat-dog.

If you're so emotionally crippled that you need a little rat-dog with you at all times, then you belong in a straight jacket. People that emotionally/mentally crippled should not be let loose on the streets.

And if you're not that emotionally crippled, then the dog is a lie. You're just a selfish brat (usually a woman) who WANTS what she WANTS, and so you buy a bogus vest and badge, or get some therapist to lie for you.

Unfortunately, the dog owners lobby is powerful. They pressure legislators to pass laws allowing them to bring their rat-dogs onto planes and into stores.

can't give out more reps today so I'll re-post and say...........BINGO !

Old 10-22-2015, 02:48 PM

9,076 posts, read 6,396,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue dog Democrat View Post
can't give out more reps today so I'll re-post and say...........BINGO !
I just repped you for the attempted rep.

BINGO is exactly right!

Old 10-22-2015, 02:55 PM

10,702 posts, read 9,666,779 times
This may have already been posted; however, one that really irked me was watching a tv realtor show and the buyer sat his dog down on the owner's bedspread....and Fido was rubbing his tush on the spread! Another time a gal sat her dog on the kitchen counter while viewing the home.

Hello? They don't own those homes and it takes a lot of nerve to do that. And you'd think the agent would say something, but I guess making a commission is their priority.

Old 10-22-2015, 03:03 PM

6,235 posts, read 6,116,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
As someone who has indeed suffered from PTSD, how in the h do you know when someone is "suffering" from PTSD?

You DON'T.

You are not a medical professional, keep your stereotypical thoughts about PTSD to yourself.
And others of us went and sought treatment and got over our PTSD and moved on, no dog was needed! If you, or anyone who is suffering from PTSD hasn't tried EDMR I highly recommend giving it a try!

EMDR: Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing

Old 10-22-2015, 05:42 PM

4,444 posts, read 4,709,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by froglipz View Post
And others of us went and sought treatment and got over our PTSD and moved on, no dog was needed! If you, or anyone who is suffering from PTSD hasn't tried EDMR I highly recommend giving it a try!

EMDR: Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing
Good grief, is it so hard to have a tiny bit of compassion for people who are struggling?

Old 10-22-2015, 08:28 PM

6,384 posts, read 3,202,100 times
The vast majority of people bringing their dogs into grocery stores aren't "struggling" with anything except the delusion that the rules do not apply to them. It's just another step in the march toward total self-absorption that our country seems to be taking.

Old 10-23-2015, 10:05 PM

28,069 posts, read 16,329,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Annie View Post
Do you have any idea how expensive that would be? Not everyone lives in a city where the markets do free food delivery.

And just because I am handicapped does not mean I should be forced to stay at home.

Try for just a week living as though you were handicapped and couldn't go places.
Fair but I still think if you can't afford to not need cuddle therapy with your therapy dog for say an hour, you have bigger problems. Don't get me wrong, I DO think therapy animals do work as I've read an article in a school newspaper before it was en vogue but one, I think many use it as a crutch and two, if you really do need the therapy dogs wherever you go, you have major issues that may need different solutions. Also lap dogs (which often these "therapy dogs" in stores are) are they really used for therapy or just because they "do want to leave it alone?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products