U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2006, 01:49 PM

985 posts, read 2,607,881 times

Advertisements

I have no choice. We spend thanksgiving with my in-laws in South Carolina. My mother in-law gets us up friday morning at 6am and we head to the out-lets. Oh I just can't wait!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2006, 02:40 PM

8,191 posts, read 28,399,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanenlori View Post
We get there early and wait in the line outside the store. We would have a plan before the doors opened for who was going where, grabbing what and where to meet. It's sort of a treasure hunt!!!

LORI
This is what I do the day after Christmas. Not too many folks standing outside of stores at 6:00 in the morning the day after Christmas, but boy! don't want to be anywhere near a store after about 9:00.

Old 11-16-2006, 09:19 PM

4,486 posts, read 15,425,197 times
Oh yeah, every year I leave the house around 3 a.m. and stand outside of Best Buy to get any new gadgets I can. I live for the thrill of it and most of the time I buy stuff I don't even need just because it's discounted. I usually do MOST of my Christmas shopping on Black Friday although some things such as jewelery, clothes, etc I wait until I'm not in such a rush.

I love Christmas, it's my favorite time of year. All the excitement, festivities, and decorations. But I truly love being with my family- that is the true meaning of Christmas. It isn't about presents, Santa Claus, or oodles of decorations- it's about being with the ones you love.

Hopefully I get a couple of those PS3's tonight so I can scratch off some names.

Old 11-17-2006, 01:01 AM

2,657 posts, read 7,260,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticLady1 View Post
Since Thanksgiving is almost here, I got curious. How many of you go out shopping the day after Thanksgiving (Black Friday)?
Jesus wept.

NO

Did anyone see the films of shoppers last year? They crowded the doors of Walmart at dawn and when they opened people literally fell inside, they were so squashed against the entrance. One woman was trampled, but people just kept going, stepping on or over her. All in pursuit of things like $29 DVD players.

A few years back, being night owls anyway, we drove over to the mall area at 6am to see if the horror stories were true. You couldn't even find a parking spot at the Big Box electronic places and traffic was a nightmare.

I've heard of people getting off on that kind of madness. More power to them. I think it's nuts.

Old 11-17-2006, 03:40 AM

594 posts, read 583,389 times
Not anymore....One Christmas I spent so much for my sons, the next day they were bored with th gifts. I purchase most of my gift on line, catalogs.

Old 11-17-2006, 06:55 AM

4,286 posts, read 13,514,120 times
Most of my shopping is done online. You can compare prices easily, no lines, no traffic and it gets shipped right to your door.

Old 11-17-2006, 07:04 AM

1,921 posts, read 5,201,304 times
I have to say, I do alot of shopping online, also. A few years back, I wouldn't have, but I finally got comfortable with it, and now I order all sorts of stuff! No driving, no trying to find a parking spot, no crowds, no waiting in checkout lines. My kind of shopping!

Old 11-17-2006, 07:24 AM

5,298 posts, read 5,812,525 times
Never shopped on black friday never will. I hate shopping when a place is overcrowded.

Old 11-17-2006, 09:37 AM

250 posts, read 872,696 times
Oh gosh I will be shopping on Black Friday! Count me in!!!! My mom takes the kids and my husband and I go out. We take turns waiting in line while the other one shops... it works out great! And if this year compares to last year, the line will move pretty fast!

Old 11-17-2006, 04:43 PM

571 posts, read 2,313,537 times
NO way, Jose!

Saving a few bucks is NOT worth that madness to me. I worked retail back in high school/college and vowed that I would NEVER be one of "those" people
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products